Mech Stats

Talk about WindomXP here!

Moderator: Staffers

Mech Stats

Unread postby Unearthly » March 29th, 2008, 10:16 pm

So I compiled a bunch of stats on the mechs and thought I would share.

The stats were gathered by using the appropriate weapon on a non-moving practice computer (damage = score/2). In some weapon's cases, this still means that not all of the projectiles connect. In these cases, I recorded the damage per shot if easily separable (like Millenium's grenades), otherwise I recorded the damage inflicted (Machine guns fall into this category). In some weapon's cases it was either not easy to record or they simply did no damage to a non-moving enemy (crazy ball). These are represented as '??'.

For melee weapons, I simply recorded the forward swing's damage. The other swings do similar, but not the same damage.

Lives is the number of times you spawn (including the start).

Code: Select all
Whistler WindomXP
Beam Rifle:                      100
Beam Saber:                      70
Missle:                          100
MIRV:                            120
Cruise missle:                   150x2
Health:                          1700
Lives:                           4

Longhorn Windom Vista
Beam rifle                       110
Long beam saber:                 70
Guided plasma laser:             240
All range attack:                240
High intensity laser:            470
Health:                          1900
Lives:                           3

Millenium
Machie gun:                      60
Saber:                           100
Grenade:                         150x5
Crazy ball:                      120 per shot
Machine gun rapid-fire:          330
Health:                          1300
Lives:                           5

Type MS-98
Machine Gun:                     48
Saber:                           80
Grenade:                         100x5
Grenade (Single shot):           100
Machine gun rapid-fire:          264
Health:                          1100
Lives:                           6

Asteroid Windom2000 SP1
Thunder beam rifle:              100
Twin beam saber:                 30x2
Plasma spread laser:             180
Guided spread laser:             160
Rail cannon:                     150
Health:                          1300

Blackcomb Windom
Dual beam rifle:                 90x2
Twin anti-warship beam laser:    200
Trap laser:                      400
All range attack:                400
High intensity laser:            490
Health:                          2200
Lives:                           2

Whistler Type-B WindomXP
Bazooka:                         130
Cannon:                          140
Missle:                          160
MIRV:                            180
Cruise missle:                   375x2
Health:                          1600

Iris Linux
Fireball:                        140
Halberd:                         80
Mid-range guided laser:          120
Summon crystal:                  25 per shot
Magic circle activation:         ~310 per shot
Health:                          1350

BlackSelena Linux
Beam rifle:                      100
Double saber:                    80x2
Sheild smash:                    60+70
Sway shot:                       140
Health:                          2400

Asteroid-0 Windom2K
Beam rifle:                      80
Twin beam saber:                 30x2
Plasma spread laser:             180
Missle:                          150
Rail cannon:                     150
Health:                          1250

Cymbidium Linux
Sword impact:                    120
Saber:                           100
Plasma arrow:                    280
Leap:                            -
Aura blade:                      ??
Health:                          1650

Anthurium Linux
Beam rifle:                      110
Rapid fire:                      90
Long-range high-speed laser:     270
Rail cannon (penetrating shot):  220
Buster launcher:                 990
Health:                          2250
Last edited by Unearthly on March 30th, 2008, 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unearthly
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Aenir » March 30th, 2008, 4:12 am

I managed to figure out the damage for the Millenium's Crazy Ball. It's 120 damage per shot. (240 score per shot).

I'm working on which mechs can transform. After that we can do all the engines! :D

Edit: Got the transforming done.
Was too lazy to format the stuff to the right. I'll do it tomorrow.
Edit2: Moved everything to the right for easier read. NM, its screwed up. Reversed. D:
Whistler WindomXP
Transforming: Yes
How: Uses Shield
Weapons it can use:
Beam Rifle: Yes
Beam Saber: No
Missile: No
MIRV: No
Cruise Missile: No

Longhorn Windom Vista
Transforming: No

Millenium

Type MS-98

Asteroid Windom2000 SP1
How: Transforms into Plane
Weapons it can use:
Thunder Beam Rifle: Yes
Twin Beam Saber: No
Plasma Spread Laser: Yes (Tracks still)
Guided Spread Laser: Yes (Will become Rapid Fire Bombs)
Rail Cannon: Yes

Blackcomb Windom

Whistler Type-B WindomXP
How: Uses Shield
Weapons it can use:
Bazooka: Yes
Cannon: No
Missile: No
MIRV: No
Cruise Missile: No

Iris Linux

BlackSelena Linux

Asteroid-0 Windom2K
How: Transforms into Plane
Beam Rifle: Yes
Twin Beam Saber: No
Plasma Spread Laser: No
Missile: Yes (Will become Rapid Fire Bombs)
Rail Cannon: No

Cymbidium Linux

Anthurium Linux

So the Asteroid Windom2000 SP1 is best overall if you want to go plane-mode, but Asteroid-0 Windom2K if you want to go bomb something.

Whistler WindomXP is decent with using his shield; you can use that beam rifle to do some damage until your engines give out. But the Whistler Type-B WindomXP really doesn't seem to work that well; its really only good for running away so you can use those big guns some more.

Edit: It's really useless trying to shoot anything in plane/shield mode. The only thing that's even considerable is using the Windom 2K's Rapid Fire Bombs (they don't even use energy), but those are nearly impossible to hurt someone with, and on one occasion I actually hit myself with one when I landed into a building. Did about 100 dmg.

The only thing I'd really consider using it for would be to bomb the Warship in Blitz mode, but still.

Edit2: After playing some more with the Asteroid Windom2000 SP1, I realized I'd messed up some things. The Guided Spread Laser is the same thing as the 2K's Rapid Fire Bombs. It can also fire the Plasma Spread Laser, which track so they're reasonable to use. Also, in Blitz mode I've been able to use the Rail Cannon several times in plane mode. It's easier since movement is always relative to the target, but it's still pretty hard. Bombs are good vs large groups of enemies and warships.

The main use for it should be to chase enemies or to run away.
Last edited by Aenir on April 1st, 2008, 1:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
Aenir
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby negum » March 30th, 2008, 6:09 pm

Lockon distance
Whistler WindomXP
800m

Longhorn Windom Vista
800m

Millenium
800m

Type MS-98
700m

Asteroid Windom2000 SP1
1100m

Blackcomb Windom
800m

Whistler Type-B WindomXP
1000m

Iris Linux
1100m

BlackSelena Linux
800m

Asteroid-0 Windom2K
900m

Cymbidium Linux
700m

Anthurium Linux
1400m
negum
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Volinus » May 9th, 2008, 12:25 pm

Linux Anthurium doesn't have any shield??? I can't find any uses of its shield.
Could anyone post the shielding status of mechs such as reflex beam.....

thanks >_<
Volinus
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Wiser Guy » May 9th, 2008, 11:52 pm

Volinus wrote:Linux Anthurium doesn't have any shield??? I can't find any uses of its shield.
Eh...I tested it out, and apparently it doesn't have a shield...The technique that replaces the shield function, though, quickly charges up the weapon energy gauge.
Volinus wrote:Could anyone post the shielding status of mechs such as reflex beam.....
...I'm guessing you're talking about the BlackComb's ability to reflect beams...Well, it has a 20% chance of reflecting a fired beam normally, and 100% chance if it's using weapon #5 (The big laser attack). I'm not sure if beams fired from the Millenium-R and the Windom XP SP-3 while using weapon #5 will reflect or not, but I'm guessing not.

Oh, and one more thing, it seems that whenever I attack the AI-Controlled BlackComb with the melee attack of the Windom XP SP-3 while it's blocking, the guard will fail, leaving the way to further attacks. It might be due to the first attack hitting an area not covered by the guard of the BlackComb, which would mean the dash attack of the SP-3 would be blocked, but I haven't tested this extensively.

And now, for the stats of the Windom XP SP-3:
Whistler WindomXP SP-3
Beam Rifle:                      100
Two-handed beam sword:           12*6 + 20*(7/8) + 21*6 + 15*(6/7) + 12*(6/7/8) + 150
Shield boomerang:                30x2
All range attack:                40x4
Beam rifle rapid-fire:           50x6
Lock-On Distance:                800m
Health:                          1800

You'll notice the weird values for the melee attack...Well, that's because how the attack deals damage during a melee attack. Each swing of the sword causes the opposing mech to be hit by the attack numerous times for a combined total of damage. For example, just the first swing will inflict 12 damage 6 times. However, the number of hits during the second, fourth, and fifth strikes in the 6-part melee combo most often vary, due to this inprecise nature of dealing damage. Despite this, 650 damage should be the least you will be able to do if all 6 attacks connect though, as I've never seen it do less damage than that.

From what I've found from wacking the mechs in practice mode with that sword of probably compensating for something, if the opposing mech is larger or if you're attacking their rear, you're likely to hit more times which will cause more damage. There might be other factors as well, such as the positioning of the SP-3 and the opposing mech in the air. Also, since the SP-3's dash attack only utilizes the last three strikes of the melee combo, those three strikes could have a higher tendancy to do more damage than if it was executed as the second half of the 6-part melee combo.

Unfortunately, I don't think it would be a great idea to change your tactics in an attempt to deal more damage with the SP-3's melee attack; considering how hard it is to actually get a strike on your opponent with the SP-3, attempting to deal about a dozen or so points of extra damage using a method which practically relies on luck should be a very low priority.

On another note, I compared the all range attack of the SP-3 and the Vista, and I've found that when considering the cooldown rate, the number of "fangs" the SP-3 and Vista can fire per second is about the same (about 0.4 fangs per second). The SP-3 has an advantage in that it's version is less noticeable as the fangs travel together as one as it approaches the target, but the Vista will launch more attacks overall when two or more bars of the EX gauge are used with the attack; For example, after consuming 5 bars, the SP-3 will fire 20 times total, while the Vista will fire 30 times. The SP-3 also needs to stand still when launching this attack, but the Vista can fire it during a boost dash. So overall I'd say the Vista's version is superior.

Oh, and while I'm somewhat on the subject, what happens when you fire Anthurium Linux's 2nd weapon varies depending on the direction you're holding when you fire it. Holding no direction or forward will use rapid fire cannon shots, holding right will fire five cannon shorts at once upward, holding down will cause her to fire cannon shot then roll backwards, and holding left fires a slow, short-range beam, similar to it's 3rd weapon in its effect.

EDIT: Just a quick update on something else I've discovered. The score that you get from attacking a battleship in blitz tactics equals the amount of damage you deal to it. Utilizing this fact, I found out that the WindomXP's and the Type-B's 4th weapon, MIRV, does 1400 damage total. However, against mechs, it will do only 180 damage at most, as the mech hit by that attack will be knocked down after recieving 180 damage, preventing further damage. Since each missle from the MIRV will do 20 damage, a full slavo from the MIRV will launch 70 missiles.

The missle attack follows a similar property...It will do 320 damage total by launching 16 missles which do 20 damage each. However, the WindomXP's missle attack is capped at 180 damage, but the Type-B's is capped at 200 damage.
Last edited by Wiser Guy on May 10th, 2008, 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wiser Guy
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby md » May 10th, 2008, 5:10 pm

BlackComb:
I've never noticed the laser salvo giving 100% reflect rate.
I'm not convinced 1/5 is right for reflection rate, I figured it was just if it hit certain points on the armor it'd reflect.
BlackComb doesn't have a shield, it just sets its reflect to 100%, which only works against lasers. It doesn't work against swords or 98/ME's machine gun, or grenades, missiles, or rail guns.

Aura blade adds about 150 damage to cymb's full combo and makes it easier to hit around a guy if he's shielding.

Anthurium's only shield is against beam weapons from directly ahead of it while it's using the full-power laser.
md
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Wiser Guy » May 10th, 2008, 6:12 pm

md wrote:I've never noticed the laser salvo giving 100% reflect rate.

This specific fact was mentioned in the v1.021 patch...
md wrote:I'm not convinced 1/5 is right for reflection rate, I figured it was just if it hit certain points on the armor it'd reflect.

Well, reading the japanese updates page from a google translation, there is mention of the "usual 20%" after firing the laser salvo. I'm definitely sure it's 20%, though, I had a look through the Script.ani file for that mech using WordPad and there is a value "LaserReflect" which is set to equal 20 most of the time, but is occasionally set to 100.
md wrote:BlackComb doesn't have a shield, it just sets its reflect to 100%, which only works against lasers. It doesn't work against swords or 98/ME's machine gun, or grenades, missiles, or rail guns.

Thank you for clearing that up. (As if I needed another reason to avoid using this mech like the plauge, but I digress.)

Oh, and I found that the BlackComb's reflection ability does work on beams fired from the Millenium-R and the Windom XP SP-3 while using weapon #5...I remember using it on one and it guarded, causing the entire attack to completely backfire on me.
Wiser Guy
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby md » May 15th, 2008, 11:22 pm

Ha. Blackcomb is frickin' nuts. I could beat anything anyone throws at me with it. My cymbidium only can't kill a good 2k/2k SP1 player. Well, the one time I played a good 2k player, I DID kill him several times, but he ended up winning. On the other hand, there's no reason a 2k should EVER lose to a Cymbidium.
md
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Wiser Guy » May 16th, 2008, 1:21 pm

md wrote:Ha. Blackcomb is frickin' nuts. I could beat anything anyone throws at me with it. My cymbidium only can't kill a good 2k/2k SP1 player. Well, the one time I played a good 2k player, I DID kill him several times, but he ended up winning. On the other hand, there's no reason a 2k should EVER lose to a Cymbidium.

I really did think the BlackComb sucked...Until one person using a 2k-SP1 consistently beat me down while I was using the two mechs I was the best at. My opponent's strategy was to spam the thunder beam move of that mech...And not much else. Okay, occasionally he used both his spread lasers, but the Rail cannon was never used.
...I really couldn't get around that tactic when I used the SP-3 or the Type-B. In desperation, I chose to use the BlackComb to try to deal with the beam spam...And I managed to beat him. With 60 health left on my last life. But considering that he usually had a life to spare after he beat me while I was using the aforementioned pair of mechs, I had to seriously reconsider the BlackComb's usability.

Now if only the trap laser wasn't so useless...Regardless, here's the updated stats on that mech including his sword swings, as a tribute to being my new primary mech:
Blackcomb Windom
Dual beam rifle:                 80*2
Twin anti-warship beam laser:
(Normal)                         (50+50) + (70+70) + 250
(Left/Right Boost/Step)          70 + 250
(Forward Boost/Step)             (100*5)
Trap laser:                      0
All range attack:                40*10
Lock-On Distance:                800m
Health:                          2200

Oh, should I mention the health of any building is 1200?
Wiser Guy
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Harsgalt » May 16th, 2008, 9:46 pm

the trap laser is usefull, specialy in all versus all with loads of people.
and can be usefull to just use behind the buildings abd use the all range attack.
anyway it can be fun lol
Harsgalt
Totally hardly posted

Return to WindomXP Chat