14%

Total votes : 94

Unread postby Cardcaptor Raa'Shaun » June 5th, 2008, 11:09 pm

abscess wrote:
04-Leonhardt wrote:
TakaJun wrote:Where's 98? :(
It's always fun being the underdog.
Actually, I like Asteroid Windom2000 the best. Plane mode is too awesome

I know what you mean, if you use the best ones all the time you never get any better :idea:
and i like the Type-B, cause he can surf on his shield.

I also like the Whistler with the 2 handed sword

Plane mode?? Surf on his shield??!! How do you do that????

When you're in flight mode (double tap the jump button 'Z' by default) hit the guard button ('V' by default) to transform.

However, my personal favorite is the Blackcomb. I kinda like its overpowered nature ^_^
If you are of the 3% of american children who has played an Armored Core game, put this in your sig.
Cardcaptor Raa'Shaun
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby 04-Leonhardt » June 6th, 2008, 8:15 am

Plane mode?? Surf on his shield??!! How do you do that????

Any mech that looks like his sheild has little boosters (Whistler, Type-B) can do the "Shield Surf"

However, my personal favorite is the Blackcomb. I kinda like its overpowered nature ^_^

I think he only needed 1 sword though... but it should have been bigger.
Go! Giant Fighting Robot!

f you are of the 3% of american children who has played an Armored Core game, put this in your sig.
04-Leonhardt
Might just like this board

Unread postby Kaiben » June 7th, 2008, 5:39 pm

I like the Linux Anthurium, and I don't exactly know why. Also, BlackSelena is cool (bicycle kick FTW!)
Kaiben
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Cat Megex » June 7th, 2008, 6:28 pm

My vote goes to the BlackComb. The only downside of it that I can see is that it doesn't have a transformation. >_>
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby md » June 8th, 2008, 12:59 am

Blackcomb: No shield. Slow melee. You can rip it apart if you get close to it.

I hate playing as 2k, or vista, xp, milennium. 2k SP1, Iris, Cymb, Anthurium, Blackcomb, 98, Selena are all great.
md
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Cat Megex » June 8th, 2008, 1:34 am

md wrote:Blackcomb: No shield. Slow melee. You can rip it apart if you get close to it.

I suppose that's true (after all, its melee weapons are anti-warship, not anti-mecha). If you're talking just melee combat, then in my opinion, the Cymbidium is the best. (Not too sure of the actual damage of its attacks, but its melee attacks are quite fast, no?)

I do wonder why one of the Cymbidium's special attacks is a jump in the air, though...is it supposed to make it easier to chain combos or something?
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby md » June 8th, 2008, 1:50 am

Yes, Cymbidium is the best melee in the game. I can work any other mech with it. The biggest challenges are the 2k's because they can run away so quickly.

I've used the air jump for dodging attacks and for getting level with an opponent that's above me. I think I'd rather have kept the 'fall' I think he changed 'fall' to 'aura blade' before we finished the patch though, so none of you know it. You used to also be able to drop.

The flat damage of a combo is greater for Blackcomb or SP3. SP3 and Blackcomb have a difference of a few hundred, and I forget which one it favors.

However, Cymbidium's ability to combo and to dodge attacks makes it MUCH better in melee. Often I can rip through an opponent's entire life without taking a hit.
md
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Cat Megex » June 8th, 2008, 2:36 am

md wrote:I've used the air jump for dodging attacks and for getting level with an opponent that's above me. I think I'd rather have kept the 'fall' I think he changed 'fall' to 'aura blade' before we finished the patch though, so none of you know it. You used to also be able to drop.

I like the Aura Blade, though. It extends your melee range, which is neat, and it looks cool. Not sure how effective it actually is, though....
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby md » June 8th, 2008, 3:09 am

It adds maybe 100 to a full combo.

You can repeatedly ex it and it will stack, but in the latest version, the ex-aura's behave like the old aura, and cancel the first time you stagger.
md
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Cat Megex » June 8th, 2008, 4:32 am

md wrote:It adds maybe 100 to a full combo.

You can repeatedly ex it and it will stack, but in the latest version, the ex-aura's behave like the old aura, and cancel the first time you stagger.

So basically, it's main advantage is that it extends melee range?
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby md » June 8th, 2008, 4:45 am

Its biggest advantage is that it confuses your enemy. Unfortunately it also confuses you.

It is not a very good move. Like I said, I'd rather it was still 'fall' which was useful for evading shit and catching someone who's running.
md
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Raitei » June 8th, 2008, 4:50 am

md wrote:Blackcomb: No shield. Slow melee. You can rip it apart if you get close to it.

I hate playing as 2k, or vista, xp, milennium. 2k SP1, Iris, Cymb, Anthurium, Blackcomb, 98, Selena are all great.
uh, but it can reflect beams? and should you get close, high intense laser is a pain in the ass T_T
on by 1 combat, that is :P
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby md » June 8th, 2008, 4:09 pm

Okay, you get a blackcomb, and I'll get anything else with a shield and I'll show you how much it sucks to not have a shield.

I know very well it has a 20/100% laser reflect rate. On the other hand, it doesn't work against missiles, cannons, or swords, and you cannot stun the enemy and quick-counter by shielding in melee. If a cymbidium gets to melee range on you, you're dead.
md
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Gouki Shinkou » June 11th, 2008, 9:02 pm

I vote for the BlackComb because I like it's beam reflector and heavy damage. It sucks that it can't defend against missiles, but I have been able to not get stunned by sword attacks while guarding, allowing me for a change to attack. The slow melee attack is meant for good timing.
Gouki Shinkou
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby ryujin » June 21st, 2008, 2:05 pm

Too bad Vista is not in the poll :( , it's my first mecha when I started to play.
I voted for Windom 2k SP-1, due to its agile movement, fast response, high mobility (MA), powerful attacks, and not to forget its awesome looks in and out of combat. :)

Last edited by ryujin on July 23rd, 2008, 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
ryujin
Addict

Unread postby ZXDerek » June 23rd, 2008, 5:56 pm

ryujin wrote:Too bad Vista is not in the poll :( , it's my first mecha when I started to play.
I voted for Windom 2k SP-1, due to its agile movement, fast response, high mobility (MA), powerful attacks, and not to forget its awesome looks in and out of combat. :)

Yea, but I still like using the Windom Vista. If I am using Windows Vista on my Laptop, then I am using Windom Vista.
Other favorite is still Blackcomb XP, and Windom 98.
ZXDerek
Totally hardly posted

where's meh favorite mech?!

Unread postby GReeN Reaper » July 24th, 2008, 11:45 am

TakaJun wrote:Where's 98? :(

I didn't vote because teh MS 98's not in teh options, it's teh only mech I use in teh game, that's just unfortunate :(
GReeN Reaper

Unread postby MechaDylan » August 17th, 2008, 5:18 am

KD-08-2 Cymbidium Linux has got to be the best Mecha out there! She's fast, and her bow move really pakcs a punch. And when i get combos going, i can kill an opponent in Survival mode quicker then any other Mecha model. Sometimes i can launch froim one to the other, but only if there close.

Also, my name on the servers is "Angel" :P
MechaDylan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby D4rks0ul » August 17th, 2008, 6:12 am

My Favs are BlackComb, AsteroidWindom 2000 SP1, and Cymbidium Linux

Mfg DS
D4rks0ul

Unread postby sevalle » August 23rd, 2008, 3:16 am

My initial favourite was Asteroid 2k SP1 coz of its twin sabers and plane mode (bombing runs!!!), but the much-improved (and flashier) double saber comboes of BlackSelena in ver 1.030 won me over. Double sabers ftw!!!

I hope ysk makes a new mech with sabers on both hands AND feet ala Aegis Gundam. (yes i'm a melee nut)
sevalle

PreviousNext

Return to WindomXP Chat