Liberation Army

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

Liberation Army

Unread postby Lakmir » June 8th, 2004, 3:37 am

If any of you who're more familiar with PC hacking than I am would be so kind, I am in need of a little aid in hacking an interesting little gem known as Liberation Army. I've done a lot of it on my own -- Reshacker rocked this game to pieces, but there are a few strings that are not stored in resources. A lot of them are simple SJIS katakana words that can be replaced with their English equivalents without any need for expanding the strings, but one or two don't fit (the "Death" title, for one) and I'd like to have a little more freedom to play with the space I've been given for system messages such as reinforcement notifications.

I've checked for pointer tables both absolute and relative (with a relative searcher) with no luck; either the order they're in is scrambled, the data format is something decidedly obtuse, or the pointers themselves are hardcoded. Either way, while I have plenty of experience working with console games, I'm rather less comfortable with PC titles and would like a little bit of aid. If anyone would care to contact me, I have my AIM and ICQ names posted and will be around for a few more hours tonight and for most of tomorrow. With the issues tackled, all that will remain is a few days worth of playtesting and a translation of the readme/manual before a release can be made.

Thanks!
Lakmir
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby zalas » June 8th, 2004, 6:44 pm

I'll take a look at it if I have time. No guarantees tho :)
zalas
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Lakmir » June 9th, 2004, 4:13 am

I've since fixed it, thanks to TheXev and IDA Pro, but thanks anyway :)
All technical issues are resolved, save for maybe one or two strings that are still getting cut off (need to be tested and easy to fix if broken.)
Lakmir
Totally hardly posted

Return to General Translation Projects