Touhou Suimusou, new fighting game demo.

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

Touhou Suimusou, new fighting game demo.

Unread postby TheXev » April 28th, 2004, 2:52 am

[warning]THIS IS NOT THE SECRET PROJECT[/warning]
An awfully funny thing happened to me while browsing 4chan last night...

I found this on 4chan?s torrent section. The game is called Touhou Suimusou. It?s a nifty fighter, and.. well.. It is damn hard (I have yet to win!! lol)! I?m still not sure about how the system works, but the feel of the fights is quite different from Melty Blood, and it feels like you must depend more on distance hits using the magic you build up. Take a look at what I was able to do in about a half hours worth of hacking:

With a translators help, I could probably have this demo completed in under a week or two (might have to repoint a bunch of stuff to save room in the .exe, but sometimes you do what you gotta do). There are only 27 lines that need to be translated for this demo (the two characters victory phrases).

I want to see what the internal thoughts are from Revolve?s staff first.
You can download the demo here for now. Its only 35mbs, and ANY patch we might release will probably be less then 1mb.

PS, getting ass in gear for ReACT demo release this week.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby johnsgs » April 28th, 2004, 6:49 am

Fun demo. Is pretty hard, at least until I realized:
-projectiles can be dashed through
-you get 2 air dashes per jump, and can air dash after teching
-guard crushing is totally deadly, it seems to prevent the enemy from blocking certain types of attacks for nearly 30 (!) seconds.

Learn to abuse the guard crush and the game gets easier ^^ The japanese shrine girl's forward + kick is *excellent* in that respect.

Anyway, screenshots look really cool.
johnsgs
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Katchura » April 28th, 2004, 9:51 am

Wow, I would have though a translation project of "Imperishable Night" would be the buzz instead of Immaterial Power. But this is still great news if a translation is going ahead.

Any plans for translating any games from Shanghai Alice? I run a dedicated Shrinemaiden site, and although I have a few users who fluently speak Japanese, I still have trouble mustering any sort of real project. Right now its pretty general in what gets translated (Bit of story here, lines there).

Or you could just go there.... http://www.shrinemaiden.com
Katchura
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TheXev » April 28th, 2004, 6:33 pm

Currently most of my personal focus within Revolve will be Type-Moon games. I know nothing about this series of games or the developer, so I can?t say there is any interest (yet) in translating any more games from them. I would defiantly need a translator to do a REAL translation of the text (I personally feel my translation of that particular line is rather ghetto, and I have nowhere near enough skill to translate anything else).

I would like to work on smaller projects like this, and get some finished translations under my belt. It seems everyone else in Revolve (myself included) have taken on games of RPG length, and perhaps a smaller, fun sort of platformer or shooter would be interesting to do.

Currently all active Revolve projects are lacking translation power, save Melty Blood. :(

Most likely either Soulfang or I will make a news post soon regarding the complete lack of translation power at Revolve, otherwise many of our projects will never be finished. Soulfang has some good idea?s on getting us extra translation power, but I?m not sure how well it will work out yet.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Katchura » April 28th, 2004, 7:20 pm

I think your right about the "what project to choose" The more projects you complete the better word get around, people will start getting really interested in other projects, because they know your gonna deliver the goods. I would love to see it done, so you can take this as a project request.

All ShrineMaiden games have ....6, 7 paragraphs of text to each game. We are talking the basic story and 15 second conversations through each game. The following is fairly decent, nothing like Yukihime standards, but its growing, really fast. I have everything you would need, a resource site is already up that has profiles, scripts, stories, everything....only in Japanese, you wouldent even have to play through the games. You could translate and maybe patch them in no time, I could then plug your site/team for future projects. You win, I win, fans win, we are all the winnar!

If you?re interested, I could ask a few of my users at SM.com to help, since you did say you needed some translation help, and I know at least half of them have knowledge of Japanese.

.....or maybe I could just ask your help in patching, since you seem proficient in that, and create a new team with them. I only ask because of what you have done with Immaterial Power.
Katchura
Totally hardly posted

Return to General Translation Projects