Witch on the Holy Night- Translation?

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

Witch on the Holy Night- Translation?

Unread postby ggyytthh » November 9th, 2011, 10:14 am

Hello,

I would like to request that this V/N be translated into ensligh =D
Even though this V/N isn't out yet (?) (I think you can pre-order it now from websites) I would like to request that mirror moon to, if possible, translate this V/N. This is a piece of work made by Type-Moon so I would love to read it. Unfortunarely, I can not read Japanese so I (and im sure a lot of other fans) would really appreciate it if this would be translated into english.

Thanks in advance
ggyytthh
Posting more than n00bs

Re: Witch on the Holy Night- Translation?

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » November 21st, 2011, 7:15 pm

Once it's out they'll decide on if it's worth thier time to translate it or not. Pretty much they can't do anything about translating something that isn't out yet or that would be translating something that hasn't come into exitance yet.

If we're lucky someone will translate it, but as for who we won't know until after it has been released mind you.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Mura » December 15th, 2011, 7:31 pm

The trial just came out today so do you think they would translate that for now?
Mura
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » December 17th, 2011, 1:15 pm

If it was a fighting game maybe, but since hearing it's going to be a Sound Novel kind of like how the Higrashi/Umineko series were I'd say it's very dobutful. Besides if you pester them over it they may just not do anything with it at all, so just be patient.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby ggyytthh » December 22nd, 2011, 7:56 am

Well, do you mean they may not bother to translate the trial but WILL translate the visual novel itself when the full version comes out?

Because if it's just that, then phew. I personally don't mind if they skip the trial because it does take quite a bit of work... all just for a trial. so yea

=D
ggyytthh
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » December 22nd, 2011, 11:42 pm

I mean either way at this time right now though, but we'll just have to wait and see what happens when it does get released and all.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » December 23rd, 2011, 6:10 pm

With the full game's release date now [April 12, 2012], the wait won't be long...
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby ggyytthh » December 30th, 2011, 7:02 am

Well... 4 months, i do hope this time it will not be delayed (which i don't think it will as the trial is already out)

=D
ggyytthh
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby ggyytthh » January 1st, 2012, 9:30 am

Just out of curiosity-

How long did it take mirror moon to translate Fate/Stay Night?
ggyytthh
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » January 1st, 2012, 4:14 pm

ggyytthh wrote:Just out of curiosity-

Ok do you mean just the Fate storyline, the UBW storyline, or the whole thing? I only ask since they released it in that order mind you.

So it can take qute a while due to real life issues and other various snags that can get in the way though.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby ggyytthh » January 3rd, 2012, 10:36 am

Kid-Wolf wrote:
ggyytthh wrote:Just out of curiosity-

Ok do you mean just the Fate storyline, the UBW storyline, or the whole thing? I only ask since they released it in that order mind you.

So it can take qute a while due to real life issues and other various snags that can get in the way though.

Well... by Fate, I meant as in the whole thing all together (so all three routes)

Thanks in advance =D

ps: could you tell me the time it took to translate the 'fate' route as well?
ggyytthh
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » January 3rd, 2012, 6:19 pm

While I wasn't around here when they were working on the Fate section, but I was around since the UBW and HF section. Pretty much the last two parts were much longer then compared to the Fate portion of the game. Overall I think it took over a year or two to translate the entire game, so don't quote me on that, but that's because there was a lot of script work, and eidting invovled. Not only that, but presonal issues that can come up at any time, and issues of the parts not being implimented as one would hope.

Overall I wouldn't actually compare the time that it will take for this game to be translated to Fate since this is a Sound Novel style playthough. So I may want to compare this to how long it took the guys at Witch Hunt to translate an Episode of Umineko in general.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby ggyytthh » January 4th, 2012, 6:23 am

@ kidwolf

Thanks =D well i wasn't really going to compare the time it took for them to translate the 'whole' of fate to Witch on the Holy Night as I am aware of the amount of word's in Fate and the fact that to formats are different.

But according to your information, i would guess that maybe this V/N should be complete in around half a year's time??

Thanks once again XD
ggyytthh
Posting more than n00bs

Return to General Translation Projects