Coordinating F/HA translations

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Re: Coordinating F/HA translations

Unread post by sushimonster » August 31st, 2010, 3:53 am

Kid-Wolf wrote:Oh yeah out of curiousity are you going to translate the patched version of the Handa Futa game?

I mean the only addition to that would be Zouken and True Assassin if I remember correctly.
That's been discussed on TLWiki and at the moment, it's a maybe. Depends on how we progress through Hanafuda in regards to image editing, and how Aquamarine39 fares with the TL work.

Ramanfan is considering either:
- Intergrating our TL so it works fully with the non-patched version of F/ha.
...or...
- We'll intergrate all of Type-Moon's official updates for F/ha into our own patch when releasing the full TL work. So, that's including the EX Hanafuda Patch.

Whatever the case, Hanafuda at the moment is last on our list in regards to image-work. We're pretty much near completion for the Illya game, and the in-game GUI is also almost done too. Might as well try and get those two done and dusted before moving onto the big balony that is Hanafuda...

ranmafan
Might just like this board

Unread post by ranmafan » August 31st, 2010, 5:34 am

sushimonster wrote: Ramanfan is considering either:
- Intergrating our TL so it works fully with the non-patched version of F/ha.
...or...
- We'll intergrate all of Type-Moon's official updates for F/ha into our own patch when releasing the full TL work. So, that's including the EX Hanafuda Patch.
That's basically it.... for now, everything we're doing is with the retail, unpatched version. I'll start integrating the official patches after Release2. Right now, if you try to use them together with the translation patch, it'll almost certainly either overwrite some translated parts or just not do anything.

Progress on Release2 is here. Yes, I know, it's slow :( As I was saying, overall, the quality of the contributed TL ended up being far below my expectations, and I had to pretty much rewrite most of it.

GregL
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by GregL » August 31st, 2010, 10:18 pm

ranmafan wrote:Progress on Release2 is here. Yes, I know, it's slow :( As I was saying, overall, the quality of the contributed TL ended up being far below my expectations, and I had to pretty much rewrite most of it.
Thank you for the update. As slow and frustrating as it may be, please keep in mind we're all deeply appreciative of your efforts in pulling this together. :)

Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » September 4th, 2010, 5:48 pm

So out of couriosity is the first release patch the considered as the first complete patch of the retail work? Also, is it just a drag and drop into the F/HA folder as of now?
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.

ranmafan

Unread post by ranmafan » September 4th, 2010, 6:08 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:So out of couriosity is the first release patch the considered as the first complete patch of the retail work? Also, is it just a drag and drop into the F/HA folder as of now?
Oh no, not at all complete. Just edited :) Overall progress is about 42%, and I've edited/TLC'ed roughly half of that for this release (the unedited parts will be included, as well). (Plus the minigames.) I figure that another delay is better than another crappy release after all this time....

And yes, unless Phiber's tools somehow absolutely refuse to work, it should be just a regular .xp3 patch this time.

Kid-Wolf

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » September 5th, 2010, 5:32 am

So in the end the finished work will be an .xp3 file type for the time being? Well the up side for that would be just to do a drag and drop deal, but I hope it doesn't cuase any problems though.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.

sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread post by sushimonster » September 5th, 2010, 5:39 am

The thing with the kirikiri engine is that game makers (and translators like ourselves) can effortlessly make patches.
As long as we call our .xp3 file 'patch' (or patch2, patch3 etc etc for subsequent patches), the krkr will pick it up as a patch automatically, and will read from that before reading off the main .xp3 files.

So theoretically, there shoudn't really be problems with our .xp3 once it's made. For example, if a TLed, image is not in the patch.xp3, then the game will simply refer to the image.xp3 or whathaveyou, and continue on without error. Heck, you can see that mirror moon did a similar thing with F/sn (just that they renamed some files and extensions here and there).
Last edited by sushimonster on September 7th, 2010, 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread post by ArchDemon » September 7th, 2010, 12:14 pm

Yep, that's exactly how it works. Also, phiber's tools work fine. I've tested them myself using Release 1. :P
I just hope that TM isn't delaying Mahou Tsukai no Yoru to do something sneaky with the encryption. -_-;
F/sn only has one layer of encryption whereas F/ha has two which is why it was difficult to decrypt conventionally.
phiber's tools cleverly get around this though by using the game's own decryption engine (cxdec.tpm) to extract and repack files into xp3 archives.
So his tools should theoretically be able to defeat any encryption for any game that uses KiriKiri2.

Kid-Wolf

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » September 7th, 2010, 8:33 pm

ArchDemon wrote:Yep, that's exactly how it works. Also, phiber's tools work fine. I've tested them myself using Release 1. :P
I just hope that TM isn't delaying Mahou Tsukai no Yoru to do something sneaky with the encryption. -_-;
F/sn only has one layer of encryption whereas F/ha has two which is why it was difficult to decrypt conventionally.
phiber's tools cleverly get around this though by using the game's own decryption engine (cxdec.tpm) to extract and repack files into xp3 archives.
So his tools should theoretically be able to defeat any encryption for any game that uses KiriKiri2.
So in other words you're worried that TM is waiting on something other than a KiriKiri2 engine? Also, I never knew that there was so much encryption work over a Visual Novel, so I guess you learn something new everyday then.

ranmafan

Unread post by ranmafan » September 7th, 2010, 11:25 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote: So in other words you're worried that TM is waiting on something other than a KiriKiri2 engine? Also, I never knew that there was so much encryption work over a Visual Novel, so I guess you learn something new everyday then.
"Encryption" is giving it way too much credit. "Obfuscation" is closer to what it is. There might be a few non-trivial bits here and there, but just a few educated guesses start giving you actual data (even if you're like me and don't have a clear idea of what you're doing).

I guess some corporate overlord needed to see the "Encryption: Yes" line somewhere in the specs before he'd sign off on it.

solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread post by solopy567 » September 21st, 2010, 2:16 pm

Just so you should know, someone already uploaded scenes from your semi-patch to youtube, and I already found some spelling mistakes there, like from spelled form.

Also, in the scene that Shirou and Saber battle Archer, there is a part that shows several untranslated words floating around here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsrfyjfL_jM

Is it possible to translated these? They seem pretty important.
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
All there is left is a dead apostle who has inherited the name of TATARI.
Now.....Let's begin the Bloody Second Act." - Sion TATARI

Rampage202
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Rampage202 » September 21st, 2010, 5:06 pm

This scene is technically part of the third section of the game and will be TLC'd in our next release after the upcoming one.

As for the scrolling text, its already been translated and inserted; everything in the game *can* be translated.

ranmafan

Unread post by ranmafan » September 21st, 2010, 6:40 pm

solopy567 wrote:Just so you should know, someone already uploaded scenes from your semi-patch to youtube, and I already found some spelling mistakes there, like from spelled form.
Heh, yeah, I saw a number of those a while ago.

I won't be spending much time hunting down individual typos, but if you can at least find the scene belongs to (Entrans has some rudimentary search functions), that would be appreciated. Now, if you try to fix it yourself and find out that it's been validated already (green checkmark), definitely let me know....
Also, in the scene that Shirou and Saber battle Archer, there is a part that shows several untranslated words floating around here:
IIRC those are usually "flashbacks" of the text you've seen before. They are actually images that need to be edited, and I wouldn't say they are particularly important. At any rate, yeah, they are being taken care of separately.

sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread post by sushimonster » September 21st, 2010, 8:07 pm

Glad to see rampage202 online in these forums...

We are aware of the images consisting of Japanese words that are not yet translated. Unfortunately, us image editors have stalled with the lack of knowledge in regards to the Japanese language (with online translators not helping). The only person who has really helped us so far is ranmafan; another reason why we're looking for fluent Japanese speakers, preferabbly with image editting experience. I personally don't want ranmafan burdended with all the work ^_^

That said, it is as ranmafan says. Image editting is not high on the agenda at the moment.
Priority is on the actual translation work; we're ahead of schedule in terms of image work as it is and with the way it is now it SHOULDN'T take long to finish off the remaining images once everyone gets a breather later on.
Last edited by sushimonster on October 12th, 2010, 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

GregL
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by GregL » October 11th, 2010, 11:19 pm

Hello Ranmafan,

Ever since you linked me to the Release 2 plan I've been monitoring that page like a hawk. I noticed as of today that other than the "Ema" section, there's only one chunk left in Section 3 that still requires TLC. Does this mean that once that portion is completed, we can expect Release 2 to be out fairly soon thereafter?

ranmafan

Unread post by ranmafan » October 12th, 2010, 12:19 am

GregL wrote:Hello Ranmafan,

Ever since you linked me to the Release 2 plan I've been monitoring that page like a hawk. I noticed as of today that other than the "Ema" section, there's only one chunk left in Section 3 that still requires TLC. Does this mean that once that portion is completed, we can expect Release 2 to be out fairly soon thereafter?
Pretty much. There's also Illya's game dialogue that I've been working on, but the rest is just technical issues.

I'm going to try making a "pre-release" patch for a few select people first, and if all goes well, the "real" release a few days after.

Kid-Wolf

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » October 13th, 2010, 3:43 pm

Good to hear that you guys are almost done with it. I mean after so many years it's finally almost finished. Finally I can get to be able to understand what the heck is going on in the story without checking a wiki of some sort.

In any case since you guys are nearly finished there's still no need to rush, just make sure that things are the way they should be in the end of it all.

Oh yeah on a side note, did you come up with the name of your Translation Group at all? This is just out of shear curiousity though.

ranmafan

Unread post by ranmafan » October 13th, 2010, 4:34 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:Good to hear that you guys are almost done with it. I mean after so many years it's finally almost finished. Finally I can get to be able to understand what the heck is going on in the story without checking a wiki of some sort.
Aaaack, we're not!

It's only another partial patch! A little less than half translated, and half of that edited/verified. I promise I'll go hunting for more (quality) translators after this release....

Sorry ;_;

Kid-Wolf

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » October 14th, 2010, 2:53 am

Ah that's ok, clearly it was just a misunderstanding then. Although keep up the good work I'm looking forward to the final release then.

sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread post by sushimonster » October 14th, 2010, 10:08 am

@ranmafan
Ain't too sure how the holiday system works in the Northern Hemisphere (Christmas and the New Years being most notable), but here down under, once my exam (only one this semester ^_^) is done in early Nov I'm free till March next year. Well, that's taking into account the fact I'm working during the break but heck, at least it ain't study... I will take on pretty much anything anyone tells me to so yeah; keep that in mind.

@Kid-wolf
I thought I might add some more to what ranmafan has said...

http://vps.k-link.net/entrans/main.php
Check every weekend or so. You're looking at the VALIDATED column. Ranmafan quite literally ploughs through them during the weekends.

...and...
http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/index.php?ti ... ease2_plan
Check the numbers, again, every weekend or so. Those numbers increase and once DONE, ranmafan moves onto the next todo script.

We're close to release2; I can smell it.