Coordinating F/HA translations

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

Re: Coordinating F/HA translations

Unread post by Message » January 17th, 2010, 9:28 am

sushimonster wrote:
HeeroYuy wrote:Hello everyone, I heard about your project through GNDynames's blog, [...] Might I be able to lend a hand?
Welcome to mirrormoon
Please note: Fate/hollow ataraxia is NOT a project by mirror moon.

(Sorry sushimonster, but this misconception is too widespread already. Ambiguity like that would only increase the confusion.)

sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread post by sushimonster » January 17th, 2010, 9:41 am

My bad - fixed

Mirror moon is kindly allowing us (a still un-named group) to share our progress with other fellow mirror moon members here. We have a TLWiki where you can ask questions freely on the Discussion tab

http://tsukuru.info/tlwiki/index.php?ti ... w_Ataraxia

Regardless, my apologies message for the muck-up.

Questions regarding Fate/hollow ataraxia is to be directed at ranmafan (or rampage202 and me).
Do NOT ask mirror moon staff questions relating Fate/hollow ataraxia because they are NOT translating it. You've been warned...

EDIT - LOL. Spelling also changed for the sake of it ;-p
Shouldn't have 'burned' the homepage url into me head...

Edit2 - OTL. It's lowercase, you see...
Last edited by sushimonster on January 17th, 2010, 12:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Unread post by Message » January 17th, 2010, 11:41 am

And while we're at it, get the spelling right. It's mirror moon. ;-)

ranmafan
Might just like this board

Unread post by ranmafan » January 17th, 2010, 8:19 pm

Message wrote: Please note: Fate/hollow ataraxia is NOT a project by mirror moon.
Haha, don't even bother.

Someone on /jp/ already decided that MM is just trying to take all credit for it (I wish I was making this up).

The confusion exists just among the audience that doesn't bother reading past the URL (read: most of /jp/)...

sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread post by sushimonster » April 4th, 2010, 11:19 am

Well, I'm back to shed some light on the translation progress.

Now now, before jumping to conclusions, I'll first state that the project by our yet-to-be-named-group is NOT dead.
There is a BUT to this though... We have slightly slowed down, which in all regards is understandable since we have lives to live. I myself have the holidays at university but have some holiday projects to deal with...

Basically, we are over 33% done in the text translation, and over half-way with the in-text image side of things. But image work has pretty much stalled at the moment with both rampage202 and I not being well-educated in Japanese vocabulary. And considering it's pretty-well into 2010 now, we are pretty much not getting any work done; we are all busy!!! And everyone who expressed their interest before with the image editing seem to have 'disappeared', minus rampage202, ranmafan, and myself. Essentially, this project would be able to steam along in the Christmas holidays (the most universal of all~).

In contrast though, text translation on Entrans is still progressing at its usual rate; that's some good news.

Anyways, this post is to let everyone know (who's watching) that we are indeed alive, just rather busy...

....And to respect mirrormoon's wishes; mirrormoon is NOT translating Fate/hollow ataraxia. We, the yet-to-be-named-group is. So please do not spam mirrormoon staff in regards to F/HA stuff, because they'll probably spank and flame you alive (ie, ban you)...

lazyasian224
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by lazyasian224 » April 8th, 2010, 6:08 am

yay! Keep up the good work guys!! ^^

bosnic
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by bosnic » May 4th, 2010, 1:44 am

keep it up! I would help if I could but I only know english...

Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » July 16th, 2010, 7:57 pm

So guys how's the translation comming along now. Hopefully things are going rather well for it.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.

ranmafan

Unread post by ranmafan » July 16th, 2010, 8:11 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:So guys how's the translation comming along now. Hopefully things are going rather well for it.
It looks like I have quite a bit more work on the TLC part than I hoped, but it's all rolling along. Release2 stuff is being TLCed/edited.

Any major updates are always posted on the TLwiki page...

soggycardboardbox
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by soggycardboardbox » August 24th, 2010, 5:37 am

Exactly how long is F/HA? If I'm going to pay $80 for a game, I'd like to know that it's going to be worth the price.

sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread post by sushimonster » August 24th, 2010, 7:02 am

I personally don't know how long F/ha is text-wise. Playing through it I'm pretty sure it's a bit shorter than F/sn (but that's what I thought when I played through Heaven's Feel; that's apparently shorter than the Fate route)... Ranmafan should be in a better position to answer you there.

As for whether F/ha is worth your $80... Well, I bought mine before UBW's route was translated. A choice made as a Fate fan.
My personal thoughts though, the story is NOT as deep as Fate is, but it's still a wee bit engaging (the mini-games help).

That plus,
► Show Spoiler

ranmafan

Unread post by ranmafan » August 24th, 2010, 7:28 am

soggycardboardbox wrote:Exactly how long is F/HA? If I'm going to pay $80 for a game, I'd like to know that it's going to be worth the price.
$80? Plain ripoff. I'd say about $50 (USD) is acceptable for a retail box, if on the high side.

This chart puts F/HA roughly half the length of F/SN. Granted, if you're just looking for a F/SN sequel, you'll probably be disappointed - the bulk of it is "slice-of-life"-type standalone scenes (cookan') with a bit of Bazett action (fightan') and totally OOC minigames (jumpan'). If you just want anything F/SN character-related, you'll probably like it, though.

sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread post by sushimonster » August 24th, 2010, 7:36 am

..And here's me who spent US$170 for two new F/ha and F/sn discs, refreshing both my worn out ones... (T_T)*

Today's (non-first press) F/ha has a recommended retail price of 7140 yen (about US$80) and F/sn is 9240 yen (US$110). That said, I hustled free shipping with my new copies (usually worth US$40 for both visual novels) so actually got a fair discount.

But yeah, as ranmafan says, you probably can get it cheaper from a hobby store in Japan (or amazon.co.jp, since they have HUGE sales from time to time).

soggycardboardbox
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by soggycardboardbox » August 24th, 2010, 7:51 am

That seems pretty acceptable. I knew it wasn't as plot-heavy as the first game. I'm really just looking forward to all the extra time I get to spend with Rin. XD
It's awesome that you guys are working so hard on translating this. You're a fanboy's dream come true.

Roryk16
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by Roryk16 » August 29th, 2010, 12:47 am

I don't know if it's to late, but I'm also a pretty decent image editor at Photoshop, so if I can be of some service please let me know.

sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread post by sushimonster » August 29th, 2010, 3:24 am

Roryk16 wrote:I don't know if it's to late, but I'm also a pretty decent image editor at Photoshop, so if I can be of some service please let me know.
Ok - first off, I'd recommend you check out the SVN repo to see what we are doing.
We are in need of decent image editors, and since I'm stuck with Photoshop Elements and rather noob at GIMP, I myself am at a dead end...

The repo:
http://vps.k-link.net/websvn/

Our current status (and I guess priority) in the image editing part of F/ha:
- Trying to get the Illya mini-game finished off. Rampage202 is on that front; just needs some more translations to finish.
- Myself, the in-visual-novel GUI (more notably, the flag labels); I too am waiting for more translations.
- We have started the Hanafuda game. The person who originally started undertaking the game has disappeared, and Aquamarine39 from Beast's Lair has come along to help with the translations (I don't think any of us at the moment know how the game is actually played except him...). I have gone over what we need to do with that, but my 'noobishness' at GIMP and lack of a proper, full Photoshop software is pushing back progress. Other than that, Hanafuda ain't too hard; there are just a lot to get through and we simply need proper / logical translations.

Now, that said, if you are still keen, PM ranmafan and he should be able to get you up and running with the repo stuff.

ranmafan

Unread post by ranmafan » August 30th, 2010, 6:52 am

Roryk16 wrote:I don't know if it's to late, but I'm also a pretty decent image editor at Photoshop, so if I can be of some service please let me know.
Image editing keeps getting held back by slow translation on my part... but yeah, not much I can add to sushimonster's post - check out the stuff already in the repo (most of the structure should be more or less self-explanatory), try a few images. If it's all fine, I can set you up with write access to the repo.

sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread post by sushimonster » August 30th, 2010, 7:49 am

ranmafan wrote:Image editing keeps getting held back by slow translation on my part... but yeah, not much I can add to sushimonster's post - check out the stuff already in the repo (most of the structure should be more or less self-explanatory), try a few images. If it's all fine, I can set you up with write access to the repo.
We're already quite ahead on the image-editing front so no biggie if there are delays here and there. On the grand scale of things (for image editing), we pretty much only have to focus on the Hanafuda, and the Illya game is pretty much done minus this and that. Just checked the Entrans server; still a wee bit to go but there's progress being made, so all's well. Kinda sucks that you are doing the TLC alone though...

@Roryk16
You'll need to get Crass up and running to get access to the images. That or, check the web-interface repo or get the SVN repo onto your computer and you can work on the images in the UNTRANSLATED folder; there's plenty to go around ^_^
That said, you'll need the kirikiri SDK to convert the .tlg to .bmp (and vice versa); check the TLWiki page for more info:

http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/index.php?ti ... w_Ataraxia

Post a another message here if you have questions; it might seem a wee bit overwhelming at first but it's all good once you get settled in.

GregL
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by GregL » August 31st, 2010, 3:30 am

ranmafan wrote:
Kid-Wolf wrote:So guys how's the translation comming along now. Hopefully things are going rather well for it.
It looks like I have quite a bit more work on the TLC part than I hoped, but it's all rolling along. Release2 stuff is being TLCed/edited.

Any major updates are always posted on the TLwiki page...
Hello ranmafan. Pardon my ignorance concerning the most recent few posts about the image editing and whatnot (if that has anything to do with my question), but now that it's been a while since it was last asked I was wondering if you could provide us (the anxious masses) with even a small update as to how Release 2 is progressing? I realize you did mention that major updates are posted on the wiki page but anxiousness took over and I'm compelled to ask; I figured you'd be kind enough to at least give a one-liner on how it's coming along at this time. Thanks! :D

Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » August 31st, 2010, 3:32 am

Oh yeah out of curiousity are you going to translate the patched version of the Handa Futa game?

I mean the only addition to that would be Zouken and True Assassin if I remember correctly.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.