Coordinating F/HA translations

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

Re: Coordinating F/HA translations

Unread postby ArchDemon » October 15th, 2010, 2:55 am

sushimonster wrote:but here down under, once my exam (only one this semester ^_^) is done in early Nov I'm free till March next year.

lol, I had no idea you were an Aussie. You wouldn't happen to be living near Sydney, would you? :P
(No answer needed if too personal)

Yeah, three months off from uni sounds nice...
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby sushimonster » October 15th, 2010, 5:20 am

Actually, 4 months considering the only exam I have finishes in the first week of Nov... The easiest semester us electrical engineering students have here in our university lives. Though I, as are my peers, expect all hell to break loose once class is back in next year.

And no; I'm a Korean New Zealander (Korean living in NZ since a wee lad), hence Aotearoa under me DP which only us Kiwis understand. Never been to Aussie in my life...
Image editor for the Fate/hollow ataraxia English Translation Project (mirrormoon is NOT translating)

DJMax Korea Veteran Elite Member (Top 350)
sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby ArchDemon » October 15th, 2010, 5:55 am

And no; I'm a Korean New Zealander (Korean living in NZ since a wee lad), hence Aotearoa under me DP which only us Kiwis understand. Never been to Aussie in my life...

Ah, I jumped to conclusions again... I need to stop that bad habit. Sorry about that :P
My last (and only) exam is during the second week of November, so I have more than three months break too. I was just rounding it down since it wasn't quite four months. :x

Good luck with your upcoming exam!
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby pg88 » October 25th, 2010, 1:59 am

I thought I'd just let you guys know that I'm supporting you! Thought I'd let you know that there is a fanbase actively supporting you guys since there are a few of my friends who are out waiting as well, you're work isn't in vain! I actually didn't know that F/HA was even being translated until I googled around today trying to fill this emptiness from lack of FSN lol.... (Y) keep up the good work guys
pg88
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby GregL » October 25th, 2010, 3:19 pm

So exciting... I noticed the TLC for Release 2 was completed several days ago, any news for us Ranmanfan? =)
GregL
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ranmafan » October 25th, 2010, 4:36 pm

GregL wrote:So exciting... I noticed the TLC for Release 2 was completed several days ago, any news for us Ranmanfan? =)

Next news entry should come together with the release, that's all I have to say...
ranmafan
Might just like this board

Unread postby sushimonster » November 2nd, 2010, 4:17 am

And alas, release2 is out for all to enjoy F/ha in it's (so far) partial glory.

http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/index.php?ti ... w_Ataraxia

Current school / college go-ers with end-of-year-exams looming. Play at your own risk...
Last edited by sushimonster on November 3rd, 2010, 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image editor for the Fate/hollow ataraxia English Translation Project (mirrormoon is NOT translating)

sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby FutamiEriko » November 2nd, 2010, 6:21 am

All hail the mighty TLWiki, long may it reign.

Been watching the release info for a while, thanks for the hard work that went into this.
FutamiEriko
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » November 16th, 2010, 7:09 pm

Ok out of curiosity how far has the translation and editing gone so far? I'm only asking since I want to know how many more releases are your going to do before it is completed?
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby sushimonster » November 16th, 2010, 10:01 pm

I'm relatively sure for the image editing section, we'll be aiming to finish up the Hanafuda game for the next release, provided we have some people who can PLAY the game in a 'fluent' manner.

I know rampage202 is busy at the moment, and as is ranmafan with exams. Me... Well I'm free so I can do whatever is required of me. Though the Hanafuda game, with me not being able to play it, is out of my league. Well, that plus my photoshopping skills are not too sufficient for this particular game.
Last edited by sushimonster on December 6th, 2010, 1:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » November 17th, 2010, 6:09 pm

Ok well I kind of know how to play the Handafuta game with some of it untranslated, but it's best if you guys could just translate the specials each group has along with what they say.

Aside from that all I can say as of now is good luck with your personal stuf and that you'll be able to have time to finish this sometime soo guys.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Rester » December 3rd, 2010, 11:41 am

I'm glad to see that the project is still alive and kicking (well, most alive than kicking...). If you need any help at photo works I can definitely give a hand - I have extended experience with Photoshop. Other then that, I really appreciate what you guys are doing here and hope to see FHA finished someday.
Rester
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Rinoa_chan » December 20th, 2010, 5:53 pm

Hi, I'm new here, and I'm obviously a Fate addicted.
Since I study japanese I think I can help. I'm italian, but I'm pretty used to english, so my problem are basically grammar and translating things like metaphors or particular way to say things...like...dunno, guess you understand what i'm trying to say...whatever...
Ok, now comes the real problem, I have read everything everywhere, and I don't understand what I have to do to translate!!!
Actually I've just tried to go to the "untranslated string" section and the other sections around there starting from "home". So basically I just need to click on "edit" and write my translation (after selecting the sentence in japanese) then "ok or whaterver the name of the button is"??????????
I just know the rule of leaving everything as it is and modify just the japanese text, right?

I don't think I can do much but I absolutely wanna help at least a bit!!!

Byeeeeeee
Rinoa
Rinoa_chan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby arkady18 » December 21st, 2010, 11:54 am

I just want to ask you, I don't want to stop you trying to be of help in this project.
Just studying Japanese doesn't mean you can translate properly a VN. Have you ever read a VN in Japanese? No, have you ever read F/ha in Japanese? I haven't read it yet since I'm not interested in it and there are a lot of VNs I wanna read before, but, if you don't know it already, Nasu's writing style is really difficult to understand (even for people who fully knows Japanese), let alone to translate it. So, if you're not really confident with your current Japanese and English skills, I suggest you to not translate it in a language that is not yours, otherwise you can go on freely.

This is what a Jap to Ita VN translator has to say to you.
arkady18
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Rinoa_chan » December 21st, 2010, 12:20 pm

arkady18 wrote:I just want to ask you, I don't want to stop you trying to be of help in this project.
Just studying Japanese doesn't mean you can translate properly a VN. Have you ever read a VN in Japanese? No, have you ever read F/ha in Japanese? I haven't read it yet since I'm not interested in it and there are a lot of VNs I wanna read before, but, if you don't know it already, Nasu's writing style is really difficult to understand (even for people who fully knows Japanese), let alone to translate it. So, if you're not really confident with your current Japanese and English skills, I suggest you to not translate it in a language that is not yours, otherwise you can go on freely.

I'm just saying this because the translation of this game is really s**t, full of grammar and spelling mistakes, and yes I have played the entire game in japanese without any problems, well I'm used to play almost only japanese games (I have all japanese consolle). If you are not interested in this game I don't really know why you are translating it, because if you are not really interested in it, the translation can only be ruined by a person who don't basically understand what Fate is. Moreover I have spent a lot of months in japan and I know there are basically no good translators.

So, since you don't need help, I just play my game.
Rinoa_chan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Rinoa_chan » December 21st, 2010, 12:26 pm

arkady18 wrote:I just want to ask you, I don't want to stop you trying to be of help in this project.

Then, who do you think you are? How can you offend (well I'm really hurt) people in this way. You don't know nothing about me. So why are you saying stupid things like I have never read a japanese VN. I actually have a degree as a japanese translator, and I'm doing a master now. You are really pissing me off.
Rinoa_chan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby arkady18 » December 21st, 2010, 1:29 pm

Sorry, perhaps I didn't explained myself well. I didn't know whether you did read F/ha or not. So, I only asked. I didn't want to hurt you. If I did, I sincerely apologize. As I said, I only wanted to know if you read the game and if you know well enough Japanese since from

Since I study japanese I think I can help.

and from

I don't think I can do much but I absolutely wanna help at least a bit!!!

I couldn't understand your level. Now that you clarified a lot of things, I think you know Japanese better than me. I only had a doubt (you can't imagine how many people say "I'm studying Japanese and I can translate" but they can't) and wanted a confirm that that doubt was useless. Fortunately, it was an useless fear. I didn't want to offend you. Yeah, perhaps my tone was too arrogant, but I swear I didn't want to hurt you. It's not in my character. I've never intentionally offended anyone in the net and I'm not going to do it now. So, I'm really sorry to have hurt you. I hope you can forgive me...

Anyways, I haven't said I'm translating F/ha. I LOVE F/sn, but I'm not interested in F/ha, for now. Don't misunderstand me.

I don't know how I could apoligize enough, but I'm reallyreallyreallyreallyreally sorry. I hope you can forgive me...
arkady18
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Rinoa_chan » December 21st, 2010, 4:30 pm

sorry,
I have been to aggressive too, you don't need to apologize. It's my fault I didn't explain anything about me.

And then I apologise for what I said before about the translation (I just was too pissed off). You guys are doing a magnificient project. I know how much is difficult to translate, I know how long is that game, I know that translating is not the only thing that need to be done.
I want see my friend finally playing it.

So if someone in charge of the project can give me suggestion on what is better to do, if you need some help in translation, I can help.

I don't know anyone from this still "nameless group", and I read the news on the Wiki. I was really happy when I saw the second release, before that I didn't know of the existence of a group translating f/ha.
Rinoa_chan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby arkady18 » December 21st, 2010, 5:24 pm

I'm not partaking in this F/ha translation project, but I think I can help you.
This translation is done in this site (link).
You can choose a scene you wanna translate. I picked up as an example the first scene I found.

I choose to translate the first line "外に出ようとした足を止める。[lr]". I don't know how an English guy would translate this. Literally it's "I stop my feet that were trying to go out.". There's a plenty of way I could translate this in Italian, but I don't know which one is better in English. So I chose to translate it "I was about to go out, but I stop.[lr]" (if it's not good, someone will fix it). (By the way, if the codes are similar to F/sn's, [l] should be "delay the text to next line" and [r] "wait until key pressed"). So, I clicked on the button "edit" and wrote my translation.

Then I clicked on "Submit" and the translation was saved, and then the site automatically sent me to edit the following line.

I hope this will be of help^^
arkady18
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby ranmafan » December 21st, 2010, 11:53 pm

Whoa, take it easy, folks.

We definitely do need more people. All detailed information you need is here. Basically, yes, the easiest way is to find the scene you want to tackle, click "edit", type in your translation, "alt-enter" to go to the next line, and so on (you won't be able to modify the original Japanese text, so don't worry about that). Keep the tags (just copy them, don't try to translate filenames and code) and try to follow the guidelines in the link above.

About half of the content in there is "verified" (green checkmarks) - that is, I've finished editing it myself and considered it "good enough". If you still find mistakes within that, please let me know (trying to edit it right there won't work). The other half - indeed, full of mistakes and inaccuracies - can be edited with no restrictions. If you really don't want to do it online, you can download the file (see the icon next to each scene), edit it and send it to me.

The wiki has more info, but that's the gist of it. Let me know if you have any other questions (if you're lucky, might even catch me on #tlwiki).
ranmafan
Might just like this board

PreviousNext

Return to General Translation Projects