Coordinating F/HA translations

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

Re: Coordinating F/HA translations

Unread postby Rinoa_chan » December 22nd, 2010, 12:18 pm

Roger,
thanks everyone, understood, I just wanted to know basically if what I was doing was correct, now I see I was doing the correct thing after all...
Let's fill the "hollow" in this translations of ataraxia, it's our Fate. XDD (what stupid play of words, sorry XDDDD).
Rinoa_chan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby AddleBoy » December 27th, 2010, 8:14 am

I only have about three years of experience with Japanese (that is, in a classroom setting), so I'm not sure how much help I'll be with the translation, but I'm willing to try my best to help.
Then you realize... That there is no loli. And it's not the loli you're molesting, it's yourself.
AddleBoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby sushimonster » December 27th, 2010, 9:57 am

Lol; that's more than me whose only learned via friends and crazy amounts of Japanese TV / radio.

For text-based stuff, Entrans is your friend:
http://vps.k-link.net/entrans/main.php

Click EDIT for anything that doesn't have a green tick and away you go.

If you're keen on helping with image work, then PM ranmafan and we can go from there.
Image editor for the Fate/hollow ataraxia English Translation Project (mirrormoon is NOT translating)

DJMax Korea Veteran Elite Member (Top 350)
sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Rinoa_chan » December 27th, 2010, 12:40 pm

I'm not sure about what I have to do with the image work, I'm gonna study the wiki page if there is an explanation for that...I'd like to have more time....

So basically by now you have collected all the existing past translations and now we have to do the remaining part, right? I searched translation everywhere but it seems your project is the best.
But it seems also you have two new translators XD(me included, but, well, I don't have time to work a lot).... Addleboy I'm counting on you XD
Rinoa_chan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Rinoa_chan » December 27th, 2010, 12:47 pm

I was thinking....do translations in other languages exist? I know it's better to translate from japanese, but if you know about well made spanish or german translations, I can easily translate them. I'm saying this just to let you know...
Rinoa_chan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ranmafan » December 27th, 2010, 9:01 pm

AddleBoy wrote:I only have about three years of experience with Japanese (that is, in a classroom setting), so I'm not sure how much help I'll be with the translation, but I'm willing to try my best to help.

Three years of university courses is probably right about what you need to get started - if you're patient enough. You should have most of the grammar you need, and the stuff you won't know you probably wouldn't be learning in class, anyway (aside from kanji/compounds - but that's where Rikaichan helps).

If you want to, try a few short scenes, post or PM me the link, and I'll try to offer some feedback (arai from Beast's Lair is much better at that, though :)

if you know about well made spanish or german translations

Don't know, haven't looked. If there are any, they are almost certainly based on this one. There is a partial Chinese and Korean translation: http://vndb.org/v50 , but I can't comment on the quality. I did use some J-C-E translated scenes, and the quality does end up varying a lot (from spot-on to plain garbage) even in the same scene.

I'll hold off on counting how many new translators we have until they try a few scenes. Trust me, it's far more difficult and time-consuming than it looks...
ranmafan
Might just like this board

Unread postby Rinoa_chan » December 27th, 2010, 10:33 pm

quoting....

yeah it seems a neverending work, plus this author really enjoy playing with words...I mean between kanji, hiragana and katakana or perhaps is just because I'm not used to this...Normal console games (I like rpg) are reeeeaaaaally a lot easier.

and....you pervert!!!! I noticed the best translation are the ones in the eclipse part !!! Did u get fun at least? Are sex scenes easier to translate ? XD

well i'm still translating a bit random...I think I need to take a scene and translate it....are there parts more important than others to translate? or "pain in the butt" parts to translate?

In any case you were right, putting japanese into english is really difficult for me that I'm italian. Well since I have my magic dictionary it's ok I guess...
Rinoa_chan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby sushimonster » December 28th, 2010, 2:53 am

ranmafan wrote:There is a partial Chinese and Korean translation: http://vndb.org/v50 , but I can't comment on the quality.

The Korean translation team has been dead for a while. Their site is now empty-hosted (occupied by random crap BESIDES the normal stuff). I've found the source links for the Korean patch but the site being down, I'm unable to download it.

I've tried searching on Korean search engines and had to give up after 2x malicious attack attempts. Though during the process, I've noticed that the group (known as TEAM P&P which was based at a site called Anizone) successfully translated and patched the Hanafuda EX game. But that update is dated back in 2006 so... Yeah...
Image editor for the Fate/hollow ataraxia English Translation Project (mirrormoon is NOT translating)

sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby ranmafan » December 28th, 2010, 3:04 am

Rinoa_chan wrote:and....you pervert!!!! I noticed the best translation are the ones in the eclipse part !!! Did u get fun at least? Are sex scenes easier to translate ? XD

Nope, those aren't my work.
By the way, there's only four H-scene flags listed in flowtrackerplugin.ks (Saber, Sakura, Rin, Rider+Sakura). A nukige it is not.
ranmafan

Unread postby AddleBoy » December 28th, 2010, 7:48 am

Rinoa_chan wrote:But it seems also you have two new translators XD(me included, but, well, I don't have time to work a lot).... Addleboy I'm counting on you XD

The only problem is that I only know about 120 kanji, and there's so much kanji used that I don't know. I'm going to be moving at a pretty slow pace trying to look up all that kanji.

EDIT: Also, are the translators going through and translating random scenes, or are they trying to go in order of the game? I was wondering if there was a good place to start.

Also, is there some way to skip around in the VN to find these scenes? It's sometimes hard to tell who is talking in the dialogue without seeing the pictures.
Then you realize... That there is no loli. And it's not the loli you're molesting, it's yourself.
AddleBoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Rinoa_chan » December 28th, 2010, 3:24 pm

AddleBoy wrote:
Rinoa_chan wrote:But it seems also you have two new translators XD(me included, but, well, I don't have time to work a lot).... Addleboy I'm counting on you XD

The only problem is that I only know about 120 kanji, and there's so much kanji used that I don't know. I'm going to be moving at a pretty slow pace trying to look up all that kanji.

EDIT: Also, are the translators going through and translating random scenes, or are they trying to go in order of the game? I was wondering if there was a good place to start.

Also, is there some way to skip around in the VN to find these scenes? It's sometimes hard to tell who is talking in the dialogue without seeing the pictures.

1)well, this is the best way to learn kanji no? do you have an electronic dictionary so you can just write the kanji? if not go to online jdic dictionary and use search by radical. I think Jdic is actually the best dictionary on the net.
2)I quote this question, I don't understand where to start...I just go random...
3)don't know
Rinoa_chan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Rinoa_chan » December 28th, 2010, 3:25 pm

ranmafan wrote:
Rinoa_chan wrote:and....you pervert!!!! I noticed the best translation are the ones in the eclipse part !!! Did u get fun at least? Are sex scenes easier to translate ? XD

Nope, those aren't my work.
By the way, there's only four H-scene flags listed in flowtrackerplugin.ks (Saber, Sakura, Rin, Rider+Sakura). A nukige it is not.

Ehi just joking XD
Rinoa_chan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ranmafan » January 2nd, 2011, 5:27 am

Release2.1 is now out.

Really need your help in testing this one, folks. A lot of scripts have been touched for GUI translation, and I'm all but certain that it caused a bunch of new obscure issues that we haven't found yet.

Release3 plan has also been started. If you want to know which scenes need to be worked on next, that's where to look.
ranmafan

Unread postby AddleBoy » January 2nd, 2011, 11:07 am

Awesome. I'll try to do some translation tomorrow.
AddleBoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby NanatsuyaSatsujinki » January 31st, 2011, 3:54 pm

saate.. ^_^
orre mou tetsudao kana?

time is a hairtrigger.. but I suppose I can kill some

http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/Og ... xUQkYo.jpg

http://images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/Og ... xUQkYo.jpg

The first link would be the demeaned adaptation of "Orkut's" image uploader..
The original dematerialized with my harddisk I'm afraid ^_^\ but I'm confidant with photoshop..
I'd manage a fair conversation in Japanese.. can't read, but I've read Kara no Kyoukai Mujun Rasen without problems through phonetic guides.
And my English is unblemished to an extent ^_^\ so quality shouldn't be a problem either.
NanatsuyaSatsujinki
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » March 9th, 2011, 1:21 pm

So, how far has the translation been comming along here? I'm only asking since it's been a while.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby ranmafan » March 13th, 2011, 2:49 am

Kid-Wolf wrote:So, how far has the translation been comming along here? I'm only asking since it's been a while.

Well, not much to say beyond what you can see in the usual places.

Hanafuda EX patch was integrated, adding a few more scenes to translate. TL is 47.6% at the moment.
ranmafan

Unread postby mcfart » March 31st, 2011, 8:29 pm

Fatestay was amazing, almost as good as Ever17, and I'm excited for a F/A translation. I took an intro Japanese class, but I was thrown off after learning the Romaji cause then it's like "YO EVER HEARD OF KANJI/KATAKANA!!!?" Fried my brain.
mcfart
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby sushimonster » April 1st, 2011, 10:46 am

ranmafan wrote:Hanafuda EX patch was integrated...

...and will be fully completed (well, to a release-able standard at least) once I get some cursed free time. Verification is near completion for the non-EX; most of those files are used by the EX patch as well, so once the non-EX is done, everything should be smooth sailing.

As it stands now though. Just skimming through the repo; don't see any issues so even without verification those files should be sweet, if time is of the essence.

10 minute breaks once every 2-3 hours don't count as free time mind you.

sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby bosnic » April 27th, 2011, 2:08 am

I haven't been on Beasts lair in a while and when I logged on around yesterday, I found that the forum has been removed T.T
Can someone explain why the forum has been removed and update on the progress of the translation?
Thanks
bosnic
Totally hardly posted

PreviousNext

Return to General Translation Projects