Atlach Nacha

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

Atlach Nacha

Unread postby Atriel » June 28th, 2009, 6:54 am

Hey there!

So, I was messing around the internet while I had nothing better to do. I eventually find this VN; Atlach Nacha,which apparently is named after a god (or something) from the Ctulhu Myths. It (the god-thingie) wasn't created by Lovecraft himself though.

Ahem, anyway. I just saw some random pic and it caught my interest. I searched Google for a possible translation and could only find some guy at hongfire that wanted to get people for it but had no luck (this is back in 2005).

To the point: Any clue if anyone is translating or planning to translate this?

Here's the Getchu link for anyone interested: http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=2764
There are no pics there though, only the cover.

If no one knows, at least I made the thread and there may be a pathetically small chance that someone reads this and thinks "Hey I want to translate this!".

... anyone knows some free internet japanese lessons or something D:?
If you disagree, you are wrong.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Re: Atlach Nacha

Unread postby Mazyrian » June 28th, 2009, 12:20 pm

http://www.guidetojapanese.org/ can be a good place to start
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atriel » June 28th, 2009, 6:16 pm

Oh, thanks.

By the way, Wiki resume of the VN:

A long time ago, there lived a Jorōgumo named Hatsune who gathered enough celestial energy that she was able to take a human form.

One day, a mysterious monk came to Hatsune's nest and nearly annihilated her for taking a villager's life. Severely wounded, Hatsune went into hiding. To heal her wounds, she decided to make Yaesaka High School her new nest and absorb energy from the students attending there. Hatsune absorbs energy by eating the flesh of (mostly male) students or through having sexual intercourse with them (preferably with females).

I can only hope that it goes beyond that... the one at tvtropes does seem more interesting:

Atlach Nacha is a rather obscure H-Game by Alice Soft about a jorougumo named Hirasaka Hatsune.

After a brutal battle with her nemesis Shirogane, Hatsune had to go into hiding. Able to take on a human form, she appears as a student at Yaesaka High School where she intends to use the students to replenish her strength. She does this in two ways: either devouring them or having sex with them. It should be noted that she prefers girls for sexual intercourse.

She saves a Shrinking Violet by the name of Miyama Kanako on the night she discovered the school, killing and eating the boys that were trying to rape her. Now, Kanako stays by her side as a loyal servant of sorts while Hatsune plans to target the other students. However, Shirogane is around the area as well and it won't be long before he tracks her down.

Named after the Great Old One spider from the Cthulhu Mythos (though Y'Golonac [YOU FOOL! YOU'VE DOOMED US ALL!], already a god of carnal hunger—for both sex and eating, sometimes both at once—would have been a more accurate pick.) More accurately written as 'Atlach=Nacha'.

Hopefully, because of it's dark nature it ain't some mindless yuri VN.
If you disagree, you are wrong.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Mazyrian » July 3rd, 2009, 1:00 am

Reading a little about Atlach Nacha (the Old One, not the game), it turns out it's a giant spider that lives in Peru; so it's actually ORT!
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Qualar » December 13th, 2010, 2:58 am

I actually own a copy of this and a few other Alice Soft games, which I imported from Japan.
Title on the case: ATLACH=NACHA
Alice Soft product number: ALS-0028.3

Sadly though, for reasons I've never figured out, I can't get any of the games to install. Gives a gibberish error code on some games, and in the case of Atlach an INF error. Most of the Alice Soft game catalog has interesting descriptions, but I guess most people encountered the sort of errors as I have and therefore no translation attempts are able to be made. :(
Qualar
Totally hardly posted

Return to General Translation Projects