Paradise Lost

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

Paradise Lost

Unread postby AzureDream » May 17th, 2009, 4:05 pm

Hi all! I'm pretty new here, on this forum, and had come here with question about translation of the certain game.
Usually I'm playing various japanese games with AGTH. Also I have expirience, and can understand some japanese by hearing. These two things are enough for me to understand story well.
But there are rare games with great story, little voices (or without it at all), and over-complicated japanese. Among this games - "Paradise Lost" by light, one of the best visual novels IMHO. Well, it mostly voiced, but japanese there is almost non-understandable for me. This game has totally epic storyline, charming "cruel" atmoshpere and great amount of text of high difficulty. It will be literatully a challenge for anyone, who will be playing it, or (preferrably) will be wishing to translate it. I know, this game is not popular and well-known, but... it worth playing, believe me.
I'm writing this in hope, that this game will interest translators, and it will become Mirror Moon's one of the next projects.
AzureDream
Totally hardly posted

Re: Paradise Lost

Unread postby Atriel » May 17th, 2009, 6:22 pm

A VN with that name has got to be awesome. I wouldn't just count on mm to take it but we can only hope they get interested in it as well.

Say, since you use AGTH (something I'm going to try... and hopefully not fail too bad even though my japanese hearing crappy), have you tried Dies Irae? I got interested in that one... some nazi shit. Seems kinda epic. And of course, no one has translated it.

Edit: By the way, do you have a Getchu link or anything? To check it out.

Edit again: Uh... is this it?
Those tentacles scared me D: The artwork is pretty good though.
If you disagree, you are wrong.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby AzureDream » May 17th, 2009, 6:38 pm

No, I don't have Dias Irae. Heard something about it, but haven't played it.
Getchu link on PL: http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=37111 By me, it is type of the game, in which hentai is not nessesary at all.

Edit. This is it. But hentai scenes are somewhat rare in this game. It's all about its atmosphere and storyline. Try to translate that getchu page, you'll see what I mean.
AzureDream
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Catastrophe » June 19th, 2009, 2:34 pm

Did you try asking in baka-tsuki forums? you have more chances of finding some translators for it there

Atriel wrote:A VN with that name has got to be awesome.

QFT

edit: also try in animesuki forums
"We want a game that's going to chop us the second we screw around, or just flatten us at its whim... until we finally beat it. They demand more of us, and we rise to the occasion because we're that good. And that feels good. And that's why we game."
Rus McLaughlin, IGN
Catastrophe
DESU DESU!

Return to General Translation Projects