Demonbane - Lolis, Lovecraft, and mecha.

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

Demonbane - Lolis, Lovecraft, and mecha.

Unread postby Mkilbride » February 19th, 2009, 7:54 am

http://www.tsukuru.info/tlwiki/index.ph ... =Demonbane

After reading about it, and watching the first episode of the anime...

I can say this is looking to be good. It also looks like it's another VERY fast translation by this Moogy guy. (Saya no Uta, I believe)

I only watched the first episode of the anime, as the anime was pretty good, and we all know anime adaptions are never as good as the original really, so if the anime itself is good, then the Visual Novel must be EVEN BETTER!:P

I hope he translates the second one also, I mean, I dunno if it was the PS2 version, but I saw 3D Gundam robot like fights in it. (Looooooooooooks epic!)

The story also feels kind of like "Big O!" but with Magic. (Has the same atmosphere)

Also, to quite the wiki itself:

Lolis, Lovecraft, and mecha.

The female lead is very cute and yet pulls off a sexy look, which is rare for a person to be both cute & sexy. She's all I really saw in the first episode, but I hear there are plenty others. It's also heavy Lovecraftian style, and as you all know, that means, by default, it's cool factor is over 9000.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Moogy » February 19th, 2009, 8:44 pm

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I didn't translate Saya or this. You can thank Makoto for providing the actual translation, which is excellent, btw. I do take credit for that great catchphrase, though!

Anyway, proofing for this is taking a bit longer than I had initially anticipated. No worries, though, the end is in sight.

We're only doing Al's route of Zanmataisei/Kishin Houkou. We'll be moving on to Kishin Hishou after this, assuming Makoto doesn't decide to translate Kikokugai first.
Moogy
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Mkilbride » February 19th, 2009, 9:06 pm

Aw, not the whole thing and only one route? I appreciate you translating it, but I do find it disappointing. Oh well, at least I'll get to experience the "True" route, I'd assume.

Oh and I didn't know who translated, I just saw "Moogy", on alot of pages of the TL wiki.

Kishin Houkou is the one with the 3D mech battles? Sweet.(I think so at least:P)

Thanks for Makoto's, and of course, your work too.

It looks exciting.

Also, yer right, that was a GREAT Catchphrase, that's what made me actually interested in it.(Mainly the "Lovecraft" part though :P)
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Re: Demonbane - Lolis, Lovecraft, and mecha.

Unread postby X-Calibar » July 4th, 2009, 7:02 am

Looks like this will be getting an official release by Nitro+ and JAST USA
http://www.nitroplususa.com/
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Maes » July 4th, 2009, 10:33 am

Oh the possibilities that this brings up. Official english Saya no Uta and/or Chaos;Head(maybe even Noah!?) in the works maybe?
その目だれの目?
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Phlebas » July 4th, 2009, 10:52 am

Maes wrote:Oh the possibilities that this brings up. Official english Saya no Uta and/or Chaos;Head(maybe even Noah!?) in the works maybe?

Hopefully not, but it seems possible eventually... and why I say hopefully is that they already have a complete fan translation, which will just get C&D'd by JAST (in fact, c;h already has but the dialogue is still open). Well, no tl for noah yet, but it's the least likely title to get lisenced as well.
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
[T.S.Eliot: The Waste Land - IV. Death by Water]
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Return to General Translation Projects