Sengoku Rance

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

Sengoku Rance

Unread postby that one guy » February 6th, 2009, 8:08 pm

It's being translated, for those that wanted to know. Thank you Yandere Translations.(they did Wanko to Kurasou and Brass Restoration) And damn, are they moving at a fast pace.

http://yandere.gray7.com/?page_id=90
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mkilbride » February 6th, 2009, 8:25 pm

Looks cool, I thought your post said it was already translated and got all excited, but oh well. :P

I love Strategy Eroges for some reason. I feel a little less weird when they are. :P
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » February 6th, 2009, 8:33 pm

So, you are an asshole that travels to Japan to have sex?
If you disagree, you are wrong.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » February 7th, 2009, 5:56 am

Atriel wrote:So, you are an asshole that travels to Japan to have sex?

And what's wrong with that kind of consept I ask you? I think some, at the very least, might want to go to Japan just to do such a thing to beign with. And to make it interesting it kind of looks like it takes place during the Fuedal era of Japan or so, So I'm guessing it's something a bit different.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby that one guy » February 7th, 2009, 5:59 am

Yeah, basically that's it. You're some random Chinese guy who everybody in China hates, and you go to Japan during the Sengoku period....for some hawt sex.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby NonExistence » February 7th, 2009, 6:05 am

... DAMMIT!
Whenever I go on, everyone leaves the Tsukihime forums. 'Cause I just fail like that.
NonExistence
Crack Addic!

Location: The Strong and Free Giant Block of Ice in the True North

Unread postby that one guy » February 7th, 2009, 6:26 am

NonExistence wrote:... DAMMIT!

???
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby exerron » February 7th, 2009, 10:30 am

Not much of a story... :\ Or is there more to it? Does anyone know?
exerron
Might just like this board

Unread postby abscess » February 7th, 2009, 11:15 am

Yandere Trans: Sengoku Rance Storyline wrote:Summary: In the east of the continent lies an island country called Japan. Many feudal lords are fighting for supremacy in this country at this age of civil wars. Rance, who is called a brute and has done as he pleases in the continent, has come to Japan with his slave, Sill.
Hot spring vacation?
No. He is going to go to the hot spring, but Rance’s intention is to have sex with all the beautiful princess, maid, miko, and townswomen. He is especially interested in Princess Kou of the Oda family, the strongest force in Japan.
This is a strategy game where Rance fights in Japan.

Hm... So, it's a game that cuts straight to the chase with a story-line such as "You gotta bang 'em all", huh?
This game sorta reminds me of Erotical Nights, a flash game where you use a certain "soldier" that has to sex up the "armies of evil" composed by gothic lolis, girls in bloomers, swimsuits, etc. with notbelldandy as the "evil empress" or something the like :lol:
I wonder how awkward the sex scenes in Sengoku Rance are?
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby LoSs » February 7th, 2009, 2:52 pm

Alice Rape is Alice Soft's second name. Try to guess content of hscenes after reading that...
LoSs
Addict

Unread postby solopy567 » February 7th, 2009, 4:18 pm

Best...Game....Ever.....lol
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » February 7th, 2009, 5:38 pm

Kid-Wolf wrote:And what's wrong with that kind of consept I ask you? I think some, at the very least, might want to go to Japan just to do such a thing to beign with. And to make it interesting it kind of looks like it takes place during the Fuedal era of Japan or so, So I'm guessing it's something a bit different.

Nothing really. It just left me with a "wut?" in my head. Heck, i might even read it if i get some extra free time.

abscess wrote:you use a certain "soldier" that has to sex up the "armies of evil" composed by gothic lolis, girls in bloomers, swimsuits, etc. with notbelldandy as the "evil empress" or something the like :lol:

Damn! You gotta cleanse the world from evil you know? Someone has to do it! That soldier must be as awesome as the marine from Doom.

solopy567 wrote:Best...Game....Ever.....lol

What solopy said.
If you disagree, you are wrong.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » February 7th, 2009, 5:48 pm

Atriel wrote:
Kid-Wolf wrote:And what's wrong with that kind of consept I ask you? I think some, at the very least, might want to go to Japan just to do such a thing to beign with. And to make it interesting it kind of looks like it takes place during the Fuedal era of Japan or so, So I'm guessing it's something a bit different.

Nothing really. It just left me with a "wut?" in my head. Heck, i might even read it if i get some extra free time.

abscess wrote:you use a certain "soldier" that has to sex up the "armies of evil" composed by gothic lolis, girls in bloomers, swimsuits, etc. with notbelldandy as the "evil empress" or something the like :lol:

Damn! You gotta cleanse the world from evil you know? Someone has to do it! That soldier must be as awesome as the marine from Doom.

solopy567 wrote:Best...Game....Ever.....lol

What solopy said.

I guess I can understand that, but this is he first time I've ever heard of a Visual Novel having a main character as a foreginer that comes to Japan for that very reason. I guess it would be shocking to hear that for the first time for some people.

Also, what's this game that you're talking about goth lolis since I'm intrigued by that concept.

And finally from the scrreenshots of this game it looks very promising. I hope I can get my hands on this one once it's finished being translated of course.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Gunbladeuser » February 7th, 2009, 6:32 pm

LoSs wrote:Alice Rape is Alice Soft's second name. Try to guess content of hscenes after reading that...

If that's the case... then this game is something I'll probably rather dislike.
Rape's just not cool.
Gunbladeuser
Addict

Unread postby abscess » February 7th, 2009, 8:27 pm

kid-Wolf wrote:Also, what's this game that you're talking about goth lolis since I'm intrigued by that concept
In one of my few visits to this certain board where my avatar's character seems to be used as some sort of a pet, I came upon this game that actually is much more interactive than the more common counterparts I've found (it still is.... kinda slow and odd at best, though). More than that, in public, I cannot say :)

At any rate. I've done a quick search about Sengoku Rance, from what I gather it's the seventh part from an ongoing series titled Rance going from I to VI, with a "what if" predecessor. Apparently it's quite famous in Japan. I really don't know if the other Rances actually have something to do with the seventh or they are only titled as such (like the Final Fantasy series, I mean). After visiting the game's site, I found some screenshots from those scenes (yes.... those scenes) and there doesn't seem to be someone forcing themselves on someone else. I could be wrong though, those sorta scenes usually play themselves in a rather illogical manner.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby Ausdoerrt » February 13th, 2009, 6:19 am

abscess wrote:Hm... So, it's a game that cuts straight to the chase with a story-line such as "You gotta bang 'em all", huh?
This game sorta reminds me of Erotical Nights, a flash game where you use a certain "soldier" that has to sex up the "armies of evil" composed by gothic lolis, girls in bloomers, swimsuits, etc. with notbelldandy as the "evil empress" or something the like :lol:
I wonder how awkward the sex scenes in Sengoku Rance are?

Yup, it's like Pokemon for adults =))

As for awkwardness, I'm sure it's not nearly as bad as Utawarerumono =)

In any case, great news about the translation, been looking to play thins game for a while.
Ausdoerrt
Addict

Unread postby that one guy » March 24th, 2009, 12:46 am

Update: Taka is working in overdrive or something, as almost everything from the first play through(the "default" route, think Fate from F/SN for a comparison) is translated, and over 50% is edited already. A patch might be out soon that translates that route.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby exerron » March 24th, 2009, 1:03 am

Yeah, well I am amazed by his speed as well. I knew he was fast, but this is close to inhuman...for something you do as a hobby. Not that I have anything against this, of course, its great :D
This game doesn't have a demo or something? I would give it a try...
Oh and how brutal are those rapes? I'm not really into that stuff, and I especially hate extremely brutal rape scenes.
exerron
Might just like this board

Unread postby that one guy » March 24th, 2009, 2:28 am

To show how much I know, I didn't even know there was rape in this game. Assuming you can avoid them(please god let them be avoidable) CTRL button, don't fail me now!
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby that one guy » April 1st, 2009, 7:22 am

Teaser Patch released.

http://yandere.gray7.com/?p=285
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Next

Return to General Translation Projects