Sengoku Rance

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Afker » April 1st, 2009, 11:49 pm

For anyone interested in a guide on the game, or the background lore related to the game, you can check out the English AliceSoft Wiki:
You must have 2 posts before you can post URL's/Links.

Oops, I can't post the url yet.

But if you just google for "AliceSoft wiki" it should be among the top results. Alternately if you go to the Wikipedia article on AliceSoft, at the bottom there should also be a link to the AliceSoft wiki.
Afker
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby zweiterversuch » April 2nd, 2009, 12:16 am

ahh...

"do them all..."

it really resembles pokemon...

but it seems a little bit too happy if it really is about raping girls and stuff...

I mean if you are having a "sunny eroge" then you usually date the girl, try to get her some presents, blush when you see her naked, the main chara (you) has always some kind of cool line he usually makes the girls fall for him.

(I call it "sunny" because the dating and stuff usually happens during the day)

if you have a "dark eroge" you usually try to blackmail the girl, try to find her weak points and using other methods and weird drugs...well...you know what happens...

this game's plot "an asshole that travels trough japan to get girls" is more like a mixture of both...

it sounds like he dates them and puts some sleeping drug in their drinks.

That is too real for me...
*the sun shines, the birds sing, the world is happy*
" Rance: girl X is so cute. Here your ice tea"

girl x: thanks rance-nichan!

ranse: oh! look a bunny!
girl X: where!
rance: there !

you: oh...rance...you are such a nice guy... you even managed to get girl X to smile again...
wait...

wha!

*puts drug in the drink*

you: what the hell did you put in!

Girl X: there wasn't any bunny rance-nichan!
Rance: my bad, my bad.

you: DONT GIRL X!!! DON'T DRINK IT!!
stop it...I must stop it! huh? the pause button doesn't work!! the game doesn't stop! Don't
DON'T!!!!

DONT!!!

See...If I were to find that kind of game I would feel guilty afterwards...

I mean...Tsuki is a "dark eroge" so shiki raping girls is ok.
Fate is a sunny eroge so... well you get the idea.
Saya no uta (dark)
Utawareru (sunny)
eh...I forgot the name...the one with the ninjas...by lilith... anyway... lilith is always dark
bible black (well there are a lot of sunny scenes and stuff...but its "BIBLE BLACK"! you know what you are going to see if you buy an eroge with that name!)

I repeat...if I were to play a sunny/dark eroge mixture I would feel guilty afterwards...

(looking foward to it anyway...)
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby that one guy » April 2nd, 2009, 1:02 am

Sengoku Rance is weird. It's...I guess you could say it's funny. Sex is probably the funniest thing, it's obvious nobody takes it seriously at all. And some of Nobunaga's reactions are funny too.

Side Note: Bible Black had such potential. It really did. Then the story started, and the pr0n became the main focus.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Afker » April 2nd, 2009, 1:03 am

zweiterversuch wrote:ahh...

"do them all..."

it really resembles pokemon...

but it seems a little bit too happy if it really is about raping girls and stuff...

I mean if you are having a "sunny eroge" then you usually date the girl, try to get her some presents, blush when you see her naked, the main chara (you) has always some kind of cool line he usually makes the girls fall for him.

(I call it "sunny" because the dating and stuff usually happens during the day)

if you have a "dark eroge" you usually try to blackmail the girl, try to find her weak points and using other methods and weird drugs...well...you know what happens...

this game's plot "an asshole that travels trough japan to get girls" is more like a mixture of both...

it sounds like he dates them and puts some sleeping drug in their drinks.

That is too real for me...
*the sun shines, the birds sing, the world is happy*
" Rance: girl X is so cute. Here your ice tea"

girl x: thanks rance-nichan!

ranse: oh! look a bunny!
girl X: where!
rance: there !

you: oh...rance...you are such a nice guy... you even managed to get girl X to smile again...
wait...

wha!

*puts drug in the drink*

you: what the hell did you put in!

Girl X: there wasn't any bunny rance-nichan!
Rance: my bad, my bad.

you: DONT GIRL X!!! DON'T DRINK IT!!
stop it...I must stop it! huh? the pause button doesn't work!! the game doesn't stop! Don't
DON'T!!!!

DONT!!!

See...If I were to find that kind of game I would feel guilty afterwards...

I mean...Tsuki is a "dark eroge" so shiki raping girls is ok.
Fate is a sunny eroge so... well you get the idea.
Saya no uta (dark)
Utawareru (sunny)
eh...I forgot the name...the one with the ninjas...by lilith... anyway... lilith is always dark
bible black (well there are a lot of sunny scenes and stuff...but its "BIBLE BLACK"! you know what you are going to see if you buy an eroge with that name!)

I repeat...if I were to play a sunny/dark eroge mixture I would feel guilty afterwards...

(looking foward to it anyway...)

Well, the Rance series is really more comedic than "sunny" or "dark". Rance does not actively think about "ooh I want to rape this chick". He just wants to have sex, and he immaturely thinks any girl would eventually fall in love with him (or his dick) so it's ok to have sex with them without consent initially. He won't bother drugging the girl, that's what "bad guys" would do.

He sees himself as a good guy. If there's a super hot girl he really wants to sleep with, who is troubled by a super evil and super powerful dragon in the mountains, Rance would rather go into the mountains, kill that Dragon, and comeback to ask the girl to have sex with him as a reward, as opposed to overpowering the girl and raping her on the spot. It doesn't matter how scary and powerful the dragon is, or how much of an easy target the girl would be to rape. He'd rather help the girl out in order to fuck her.

On the other hand, if you are just a very hot girl who is trying to kill Rance. Well, you'll get raped, though he will let you live and go free even if you might come try killing him again (he refuses to kill girls, except for fugly women). Or if you are just a hot girl who doesn't need help with anything, you'll probably just get raped too.

That's Rance.
Afker
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Atriel » April 2nd, 2009, 1:50 am

Funny, is it? I might try it for the lulz.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » April 2nd, 2009, 2:21 am

Basically he's a pervert that happens to be "successful" with the ladies where most other perverts have failed. Pretty much it's going to be how to manage to romace a gril before "playing" with he I'll bet.

Funny ero scenes you say? Are they much better than the so called seafood moments that were in Tsukihime and Fate?
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby zweiterversuch » April 2nd, 2009, 2:46 am

funny eroge?

never heard of those...

oh!! I remember now...there was this "green green" game...oh! I get it, I get it.

sorry for the trouble.
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby that one guy » April 2nd, 2009, 4:15 am

He calls his penis "Hyper Weapon". That alone should sell you on it. Even better, the narration refers to it as a hyper weapon. 'Tis awesome.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Previous

Return to General Translation Projects