Seinarukana: any translation plans?

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

Seinarukana: any translation plans?

Unread postby Ausdoerrt » November 30th, 2008, 7:07 am

Just wondering if you heard if MM or anyone else is planning a patch for that great game... I know nighteye159 livejournal has a partial translation, but I was wondering maybe something along the lines of a full translation project... Anyone know anything?

(just surprised noone picked the game up yet >___< )
Ausdoerrt
Addict

Unread postby LoSs » November 30th, 2008, 10:51 am

With Aselia untranslated what the hell are you talking about? I was considering picking Aselia as one of my future project, but for now i got my hands full so it would probably be faster to find another translator.
LoSs
Addict

Unread postby Ausdoerrt » November 30th, 2008, 6:23 pm

I dunno, are the two even related that much? I'm playing through Seinarukana now, and I don't seem to be missing much because I have not done Aselia.
Ausdoerrt
Addict

Unread postby LoSs » December 1st, 2008, 9:35 am

Aselia is better anyways, so first to be translated should be it.
LoSs
Addict

Unread postby Mkilbride » December 1st, 2008, 3:34 pm

Yeah, I'd like both to be translated, or at least one. They look pretty good.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Ausdoerrt » January 4th, 2009, 4:41 am

LoSs wrote:Aselia is better anyways, so first to be translated should be it.

Hmm, what makes you say that? I tried Aselia and it didn't look too great compared to Seinarukana, I'll maybe give it another shot later, but it felt more like a loli eroge than an epic RPG that Seinarukana was.
Ausdoerrt
Addict

Unread postby Unkind » April 13th, 2009, 7:05 am

This game is being translated as we speak by DakkoDango (TtT translation team).

Check it out: http://dakkodango.com/ :) wooo
Unkind
Might just like this board

Unread postby Phlebas » April 13th, 2009, 10:13 am

Unkind wrote:This game is being translated as we speak by DakkoDango (TtT translation team).

For clarification, what's being translated is Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de - the all-ages PC port of the PS2 version of Eien no Aselia that is bundled with Seinarukana (was that clear enough or even more confusing? haha).
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
[T.S.Eliot: The Waste Land - IV. Death by Water]
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Unkind » April 13th, 2009, 8:05 pm

Phlebas wrote:
Unkind wrote:This game is being translated as we speak by DakkoDango (TtT translation team).

For clarification, what's being translated is Eien no Aselia - Kono Daichi no Hate de - the all-ages PC port of the PS2 version of Eien no Aselia that is bundled with Seinarukana (was that clear enough or even more confusing? haha).

ya, it's basically an improved version of Seinarukana w/out the ero scenes (which is kinda lame, but not really a big deal since it has the expansion disc routes and other enhancements)
Unkind

Unread postby Phlebas » April 13th, 2009, 8:38 pm

Unkind wrote:ya, it's basically an improved version of Seinarukana w/out the ero scenes (which is kinda lame, but not really a big deal since it has the expansion disc routes and other enhancements)

Not an improved version of Seinarukana, an improved version of Eien no Aselia, guess it wasn't clear enough hehe :P. As for ero scenes, if you don't know what half the standard edition scenes are like, you're better off not knowing :roll: . Let's just say we had no one in the staff who had any interest towards translating those (and from what I hear, this is probably the reason no other team has translated the great game so far). Honestly, you're better off without; in comparison the PS2 version adds some nice gameplay improvements, models, voice acting and new scenes+CGI etc in addition to the expansion routes, so it was a done deal.
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
[T.S.Eliot: The Waste Land - IV. Death by Water]
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Unkind » April 13th, 2009, 9:10 pm

wow this is confusing lol >.<, alright, so it's the first game :) roger
Unkind

Unread postby Undream » April 14th, 2009, 2:59 am

You talk like as if they were worse than utawarerumono...
wait, no... you cant mean...!!!!!
"...One must wait continuously, one must pursue endlessly.
They must realize that it was impossible to succeed yet
at the same time be capable of enduring patiently.
Is that... the story of a dream that shouldn't be waited upon?..."
Last Episode
Undream
Crack Addic!

Return to General Translation Projects