so what next?

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

so what next?

Unread postby gunblade » November 17th, 2008, 2:25 am

Melty blood Cadenza looks finished...
The other two aren't huge titles... WEll i've never heard of em. At the least not as big as FSN or Tsukihime or Utawarerumono...
Ideas or just taking a break?
gunblade
Might just like this board

Unread postby Mkilbride » November 17th, 2008, 3:03 am

They translate what they personally take interest in. I don't really think they have a clear idea of what they'll do in the future.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » November 17th, 2008, 3:55 am

Well whatever it is I'm sure it'll be worth translating then. Until then it's best to wait to see what they are going to do after their projects are done then.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Mkilbride » November 17th, 2008, 4:55 am

I suggest that they take 5 years off! Ahahaha.

Also, this just struck me but...

"I've never heard of them" So this qualifies them as not big titles?

I never heard of Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya until a few months ago; and it's the most POPULAR anime in Japan, according to rankings. (Although EVERYONE WAS DOING THAT DANCE THING!)

I never heard of Tsukihime or Fate / Stay Night until 2006, and Tsukihime had been around for awhile, and Fate Stay / Night had been out for a few years at that point also.

Never say something isn't isn't "Big", because you've never heard of it.

They aren't Big Titles though, but the way you came to that conclusion is wrong, that's all.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby gunblade » November 17th, 2008, 5:09 pm

What i meant to say was that i'm sure they're not big titles cause i've never heard anyone discuss em, and i generally lurk around a few forums... :roll:
gunblade

Unread postby Garcher » November 26th, 2008, 12:34 am

Personally, I think it'd be great if someone would finally get to make a patch for Fate/Hollow Ataraxia. It seems no one wants to do it. :(
Garcher

Unread postby NonExistence » November 26th, 2008, 12:36 am

well, seeing as to how long it is, i don't blame them. not to mention that it's a huge title, so whatever translation comes out, we expect it to be REALLY GOOD. that kind of responsibility is heavy, so not a lot of people can shoulder it.
Whenever I go on, everyone leaves the Tsukihime forums. 'Cause I just fail like that.
NonExistence
Crack Addic!

Location: The Strong and Free Giant Block of Ice in the True North

Unread postby Garcher » November 26th, 2008, 12:41 am

How big is it exactly? Compared to Fate/Stay Night?
Garcher

Unread postby AlinSabel » November 26th, 2008, 1:42 am

Garcher wrote:Personally, I think it'd be great if someone would finally get to make a patch for Fate/Hollow Ataraxia. It seems no one wants to do it. :(

Lurk moar. There have been plenty of references to some people doing some work on it, at Beast's Lair. >_>;;
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Garcher » November 26th, 2008, 1:49 am

AlinSabel wrote:
Garcher wrote:Personally, I think it'd be great if someone would finally get to make a patch for Fate/Hollow Ataraxia. It seems no one wants to do it. :(

Lurk moar. There have been plenty of references to some people doing some work on it, at Beast's Lair. >_>;;

I know that, but they don't post any progress or anything so I'm wondering if they're still at it. :?
Garcher

Unread postby AlinSabel » November 26th, 2008, 2:51 am

Garcher wrote:
AlinSabel wrote:

I know that, but they don't post any progress or anything so I'm wondering if they're still at it. :?

Other threads within the last month have had a reply from one of the people working on it saying they're alive.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Garcher » November 26th, 2008, 2:55 am

AlinSabel wrote:
Garcher wrote:
AlinSabel wrote:[quote="Garcher"]Personally, I think it'd be great if someone would finally get to make a patch for Fate/Hollow Ataraxia. It seems no one wants to do it. :(

Other threads within the last month have had a reply from one of the people working on it saying they're alive.[/quote]

Really? That's awesome! Let's just hope that progress is coming along.... I hate playing with Atlas....it's bull crap :(
Garcher

Unread postby shadowwind » December 4th, 2008, 5:20 am

I was wondering if there are any plans to do some of the other Men at Work! games... I have the special edition with all 4 on there but have only found the translation for #2... I really like the game and was hopin to play the others as my ability to read kanji is just below zero lol...
shadowwind
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby X-Calibar » December 4th, 2008, 9:01 pm

shadowwind wrote:I was wondering if there are any plans to do some of the other Men at Work! games... I have the special edition with all 4 on there but have only found the translation for #2... I really like the game and was hopin to play the others as my ability to read kanji is just below zero lol...

Here's some torture :P (what we're missing out on)

Looks cool, although I imagine there are other titles they might be more interested in sinking their fangs into when their thirst returns..!
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mkilbride » December 4th, 2008, 9:53 pm

Doesn't look that much better than MaW2.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby LoSs » December 5th, 2008, 6:11 am

Still looks pale, compared to Aselia series or Ikusa Megami series.
LoSs
Addict

Unread postby redlar66 » December 5th, 2008, 8:52 am

Maybe Takajun will translate some of those games he posted blogs about.
redlar66
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby goldensun695 » January 15th, 2009, 5:24 am

Any news as to what is going to be translated next?, i'm eagerly awaiting any news on mirrormoon's next translation project but haven't found any on the forums. Anyone have any news they can share with me ?.
goldensun695
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby that one guy » January 15th, 2009, 7:28 am

Personally speaking, I'm hoping there's a translation of KIRA*KIRA coming out soon. Game looks great and at one point Taka was thrilled at its existense, so it must be at least decent.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby exerron » January 15th, 2009, 4:52 pm

Well they still have 3 unfinished projects, one of them marked as active, so I guess we could at least say, that Farland Symhony patch will be released someday. Though there was no update since around the first months of 2008, that does not mean it's dead...
As for new projects, I would be happy to see anything, especially if it has a great story like Tsukihime or F/SN (or even Utawarerumono) but it's not like we have any say in the matter, until we are asked. I'm sure they will let us know if there is a new project coming up. (And I guess this is the reason that not too many people asked about it until now...on the forum at least.)
exerron

Next

Return to General Translation Projects