Chaos;Head translation project

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

Chaos;Head translation project

Unread postby X-Calibar » November 5th, 2008, 3:17 am

Chaos;Head global progress at 95.01% progress!?
http://www.tsukuru.info/tlwiki/index.ph ... aos%3BHead

Here is the opening that will be used in the translation patch :

High Quality Stereo
EDIT: Video got taken down / copyright youtube claim mess

Are a lot of people looking forward to this Nitro+ title?
Is it true there are no H-scenes in it? Rated 15+?

Can't wait to try this one..
Last edited by X-Calibar on November 7th, 2008, 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atriel » November 5th, 2008, 3:25 am

with gore, psychology, and science fiction elements

I'm sold. I'll get it as soon as i can.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby abscess » November 5th, 2008, 4:49 am

yeah, I think I read somewhere that chaos;head has no h-scenes. Maes (it was him, right...?) could tell you more, since he has already played it.
I'll wait until the progress reaches 100%, but I'm eagerly waiting!

with gore, psychology, and science fiction elements

I'm sold. I'll get it as soon as i can.

lol that got me too!
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Maes » November 5th, 2008, 7:46 am

Ya, no ero scenes, doesn't need any tbh. There's some nice shots of the girls in there though... delusions ftw even if they don't lead to ero scenes. Mmm, Rimi... I mean... *looks innocent* 8)

For those that may be impatient, there's a stable version of the script stuff here(linked from the wiki page), I used the nss_stable_20081013.rar files. It's far from perfect(edited images are NOT included, some text display errors), but it's more than playable and doesn't crash.

I'd say at this point just hold out until they're done though, I just really wanted to play the game before watching the anime at all.

I still need to play through it again for the second ending, but the lack of being able to skip through from delusion trigger to delusion trigger makes it rather tedious to go through parts that you've already read :\
その目だれの目?
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » November 5th, 2008, 7:46 pm

And what's your overall opinion about it? Without spoiling of course. Is it worth it?
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » November 5th, 2008, 8:51 pm

What is this chaos head you guys are talking about?

Wait....
Wiki says.....*reads*

*reads*
*keeps reading*

"....As the title implies, psychological themes relating to one's psyche and mind plays a large role in Chaos;Head. Delusions and the method of projecting one's own delusions onto the physical world, or onto someone else's visual system, is a key driver behind the story."

:shock: eh!?

"....As the title implies, psychological themes relating to one's psyche and mind plays a large role in Chaos;Head. Delusions and the method of projecting one's own delusions onto the physical world, or onto someone else's visual system, is a key driver behind the story."

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I HAD THE SAME IDEA FOR A VN YEARS AGO!!!!

but anyway it seems to be a great story I can't wait to "get it legaly" :wink:. I could even buy it!

Another proyect I have to erase from my list.
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Maes » November 6th, 2008, 1:07 am

Atriel wrote:And what's your overall opinion about it? Without spoiling of course. Is it worth it?

I think it was worth it. I liked the characters, the story was good, and the way it was told kept me guessing as to what was going to happen as things progressed.
その目だれの目?
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Mkilbride » November 6th, 2008, 2:49 am

I've been waiting for about a month now. It's been 95.01% for a month...but I guess overall, pretty fast translation.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Phlebas » November 6th, 2008, 7:34 am

The translation (images included) has been complete for a long time but the engine is retarded so the past few weeks have been fixing various bugs in the script and inserting.
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
[T.S.Eliot: The Waste Land - IV. Death by Water]
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby abscess » November 6th, 2008, 8:08 pm

Maes wrote:I still need to play through it again for the second ending, but the lack of being able to skip through from delusion trigger to delusion trigger makes it rather tedious to go through parts that you've already read :\

What? No skippable text? Is it because that's how the game is made or it's a patch thing?
No skippable text is really a downer for me... I don't like to re-read something I've already gone through...

zweiterversuch wrote:"....As the title implies, psychological themes relating to one's psyche and mind plays a large role in Chaos;Head. Delusions and the method of projecting one's own delusions onto the physical world, or onto someone else's visual system, is a key driver behind the story."[/i]

lol
That "projecting one's own delusions onto the physical world"-part really reminds me of Shirou's projection magic :P Maybe it's because I've played a bit too much FSN lately.

Anyway, you seem to get disillusioned pretty easy. It's not that bad to use somebody else's idea, as long as you use it in an original way. The nearest explanaiton I've got right now is FSN, it uses pre-established legends as a main part of its foundation. BMW is another example, using the Nasu-verse as its main foundation.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby BrianlAFl » November 6th, 2008, 8:21 pm

You can skip text, but its more worth it not to, since you skip past the "choices" if you do.

I've read through it myself, loved it the whole way through, because of all the twists and turns it takes. So do NOT read any spoilers for it if you want the full impact.
BrianlAFl
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby abscess » November 6th, 2008, 8:26 pm

BrianlAFl wrote:You can skip text, but its more worth it not to, since you skip past the "choices" if you do.

O.o ? How can you skip a choice?? The game doesn't freeze when reaching a choice?? If that happens, how does the game say what choice to go for?
BrianlAFl wrote:I've read through it myself, loved it the whole way through, because of all the twists and turns it takes. So do NOT read any spoilers for it if you want the full impact.

I haven't even saw a thing of the anime. I think I saw the intro once... but I can barely remember it... I think there was a blue background somewhere with a girl with pink hair.... but I'm not sure :/
abscess

Unread postby BrianlAFl » November 6th, 2008, 8:46 pm

Well its a unique mechanic, you have these "choices" that happen during scenes that appear on the top right and left, one red and one green. They tell you how your delusion will turn out, or if you even will have one or not. If you don't choose one your forced into a neutral choice. Red meaning a gory delusion or one with a bad ending, and green for a humorous or ecchi scene.
BrianlAFl
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby zweiterversuch » November 6th, 2008, 8:56 pm

abscess wrote:
Maes wrote:I still need to play through it again for the second ending, but the lack of being able to skip through from delusion trigger to delusion trigger makes it rather tedious to go through parts that you've already read :\

What? No skippable text? Is it because that's how the game is made or it's a patch thing?
No skippable text is really a downer for me... I don't like to re-read something I've already gone through...

zweiterversuch wrote:"....As the title implies, psychological themes relating to one's psyche and mind plays a large role in Chaos;Head. Delusions and the method of projecting one's own delusions onto the physical world, or onto someone else's visual system, is a key driver behind the story."[/i]

lol
That "projecting one's own delusions onto the physical world"-part really reminds me of Shirou's projection magic :P Maybe it's because I've played a bit too much FSN lately.

Anyway, you seem to get disillusioned pretty easy. It's not that bad to use somebody else's idea, as long as you use it in an original way. The nearest explanaiton I've got right now is FSN, it uses pre-established legends as a main part of its foundation. BMW is another example, using the Nasu-verse as its main foundation.

mmmmm....
Well, that was my mistake I didn't mean something like: "That is my idea! I am going to sue Nitro+ and kill myself with a spoon!!!" It is more like : "I thought of making that too! What a coincidence!..." but anyways...I have been reading the manga and....well...it is really nice! Specially the beginning! I was a little bit surprised.

By the way does anybody knows a song that goes like this: "You can tell from the scars on my arms and the cracks on my hips and the **** on my car and the **** on my lips that...."
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby BrianlAFl » November 6th, 2008, 9:13 pm

Well, if you liked the manga, its a lot better than it is. The manga is very rushed compared to the VN, and a bit confusing if you haven't read the VN. xD Mainly because they're throwing out random development in the story.
BrianlAFl
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » November 6th, 2008, 9:48 pm

You know I'm kind of wondering about this as well since it looks like an interesting Visual Novel since I saw a few episodes of that anime so far.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby BrianlAFl » November 6th, 2008, 10:18 pm

Well, if you are interested, I highly urge you to hold off from finishing the anime before playing the VN, since the spoilers would probably kill the game for you. But the VN goes at a different pace and timing of the events than in the anime. But even if you do finish the anime, I'm sure all the neat details and scenes would still keep your interest.
BrianlAFl
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby AlinSabel » November 6th, 2008, 10:22 pm

The OP sequence already has a spoiler. :(

WHOSE IDEA WAS IT TO PUT THOSE TWO IN THE SAME FRAME?!
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby BrianlAFl » November 6th, 2008, 10:34 pm

AlinSabel wrote:The OP sequence already has a spoiler. :(

Never watched the anime OP...

*watches* Gasp!

Not sure about what your talking about, but is it Suwa and Haruka?
BrianlAFl
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Maes » November 6th, 2008, 10:36 pm

BrianlAFl wrote:
AlinSabel wrote:The OP sequence already has a spoiler. :(

Never watched the anime OP...

*watches* Gasp!

Not sure about what your talking about, but is it Suwa and Haruka?

Ya, those two... it definitely ruined the potential for "WOW, I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING". The shot in the anime OP put me on an "ok, what the hell are those two going to wind up doing?" mentality... but there's still some of the "WOW" when you finally get to it.
その目だれの目?
Maes
DESU DESU!

Next

Return to General Translation Projects