Chaos;Head translation project

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby LoSs » January 2nd, 2009, 6:03 pm

Makaveli wrote:I think they really need an image editor hehehe

You can apply anytime
LoSs
Addict

Unread postby Makaveli » January 3rd, 2009, 2:58 am

LoSs wrote:
Makaveli wrote:I think they really need an image editor hehehe

You can apply anytime

sorry I don't know anything about image editing :(
Makaveli
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby abscess » January 3rd, 2009, 7:12 am

Er... They released a patch already, though I haven't checked it. It's a "Release Candidate" still with some bugs and stuff, but it apparently works fine.
http://www.tsukuru.info/tlwiki/index.ph ... aos%3BHead
It's in the announcement section.
Just thought about letting you guys know just in case.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Xamdou » January 3rd, 2009, 7:15 am

abscess wrote:Er... They released a patch already, though I haven't checked it. It's a "Release Candidate" still with some bugs and stuff, but it apparently works fine.
http://www.tsukuru.info/tlwiki/index.ph ... aos%3BHead
It's in the announcement section.
Just thought about letting you guys know just in case.
their patch is confusing , asked so many questions and i don't know what is what :? any help? the readme doesn't explain all >_<
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » January 3rd, 2009, 7:18 am

Sorry. As I have said, I haven't checked it. Only downloaded it.
I'll check it out now, since I've got the time (more like nothing else to do...) and see if I can install it and helpwith any issues. Don't hold your breath though, just in case.

Edit:
Okay.... Installed it (I think), but now I'm confused as hell.... What the hell did the patch do? It didn't even ask me for a Chaos;Head copy!
I'll have to Google for answers or something...

Re-Edit:
lol. I'm an idiot, though I already got the how to work this stuff by reading _jerieljan's blog :P
For those of you who don't want to click the link by a pure and utter fear of the unknown (or just plain laziness), this is how it worked for me:
-Installed the game.
-Unrared the patch in the game's directory (something I didn't do in my first run :) ).
-Read the readme (at least the "instructions" section).
-Executed the Glorious Installation.bat (yes, that's the name).
-Enjoy!
Hope I helped someone in need.
Note: Forgot to say, you gotta run the game under AppLocale or in jap settings. Personally, I rather use AppLocale.
Another Note:.... Well, that note above was in the instructions but... meh!
Last edited by abscess on January 3rd, 2009, 9:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby Xamdou » January 3rd, 2009, 7:19 am

abscess wrote:Sorry. As I have said, I haven't checked it. Only downloaded it.
I'll check it out now, since I've got the time (more like nothing else to do...) and see if I can install it and helpwith any issues. Don't hold your breath though, just in case.
haha , oh well its one of the most confusing patch i ever downloaded (since i am an idiot?) :mrgreen:
oh nvm , i think i know what happened >_<
Edit: now i feel stupid since i didn't install the antifail patch in the first place
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » January 3rd, 2009, 9:15 am

^ Uhm... I didn't install the antifail patch either... I ain't qiute sure what that is.
I only did what I already said. Just saw some text in english and some dude's voice then stopped the game. Only wanted to confirm if I could run it, I could then I'm done with it. Will check the game after I finally get those damned endings I'm missing from MB:ReAct! Although... by that time, C;H's final patch may be available :P
Last edited by abscess on January 3rd, 2009, 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
abscess

Unread postby Xamdou » January 3rd, 2009, 9:16 am

abscess wrote:^ Uhm... I didn't install the antifail patch either... I ain't qiute sure what that is.
I only did what I already said. Just saw some text in english and some dude's voice then stopped the game. Only wanted to confirm if I could run it, I could then I'm with it. Will check the game after I finally get those damned endings I'm missing from MB:ReAct! Although... by that time, C;H's final patch may be available :P
argh , i tried anti-fail patch and failed , might be because i mess around with the files :D i wish they could make the installer more like mm's instead of command prompt
Last edited by Xamdou on January 3rd, 2009, 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » January 3rd, 2009, 9:19 am

Have you, by any chance, tried what I did? Probably that procedure may work for you too.
abscess

Unread postby Xamdou » January 3rd, 2009, 9:21 am

i probably might need reinstalling the game , only movies got subbed >_<
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » January 3rd, 2009, 9:27 am

hmm... that's odd. No text in english after you click [Start]?
If it shows something like points and some kanas and A's (as in the letter A), then you probably did something wrong. Did you unrar all the files in the game directory?... Hmmm, I think I left swome info out but, after you unrar the patch, a folder named [AA2009]_[TLWiki]_Chaos_Head_English_Translation_RC1. You have to take the stuff out of it, place it in the game's directory (that folder where there is this exe with a girl's face) and then run the .bat file.
Think I skipped that part because I only dragged the bunch of files from the rar onto the game dir :P Sorry. Hope that helps.
..... Now you've made me wonder if my game works properly! I'll have to re-check it now.
abscess

Unread postby Xamdou » January 3rd, 2009, 9:59 am

may i know whats your script version and system version under confrig? :) that might help me
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » January 3rd, 2009, 10:12 am

Okay! Checked it, so far my comment on the case is:
Can someone say SHITLOAD of figurines?!
This game actually makes me want to hit the streets more often instead of reading it......
Xamdou wrote:may i know whats your script version and system version under confrig? :) that might help me

Hmm... YOu'll have to be more specific in what you are asking :p I don't get it.
abscess

Unread postby Xamdou » January 3rd, 2009, 10:14 am

abscess wrote:Okay! Checked it, so far my comment on the case is:
Can someone say SHITLOAD of figurines?!
This game actually makes me want to hit the streets more often instead of reading it......
Xamdou wrote:may i know whats your script version and system version under confrig? :) that might help me

Hmm... YOu'll have to be more specific in what you are asking :p I don't get it.
nvm , now my patch worked , can anyone tell me what happened?!
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » January 3rd, 2009, 10:17 am

^ ... Alright---?
If you had an issue where the [start] button put you a black screen then came back to the main menu, it's because of your regional settings/you aren't using AppLocale.
Anyways, I'm off. Need to look for something interesting to do outside of the computer now!
abscess

Unread postby Mkilbride » January 3rd, 2009, 7:47 pm

Yeah, I'm waiting till the real release. I mean, it'll have fixed bugs, properly edited images, and whatnot. It looks like a VN worth the wait, you know? Most translations never even translate images like that...so I'm impressed. They just write the subtext in the box below, these people are more dedicated than a professional company.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Xamdou » January 4th, 2009, 6:53 am

Has anyone tried the underwear patch yet?
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Atriel » January 4th, 2009, 7:46 am

Huh? What does it do? Panties ahoy?
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Xamdou » January 4th, 2009, 7:50 am

Atriel wrote:Huh? What does it do? Panties ahoy?
iirc makes all character wear undergarment only for the whole game (probably including Taku too)
i just read this on wikipedia
Wikipedia wrote:a patch that added a "Lingerie Conversion System" that swapped the lead female characters' models with models that only wore undergarments
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » January 4th, 2009, 8:57 am

Xamdou wrote:
Atriel wrote:Huh? What does it do? Panties ahoy?
iirc makes all character wear undergarment only for the whole game (probably including Taku too)
i just read this on wikipedia
Wikipedia wrote:a patch that added a "Lingerie Conversion System" that swapped the lead female characters' models with models that only wore undergarments

May you let us know where to get a copy of such a piece of software? lol
It souds so weird that I wanna try it out!
abscess

PreviousNext

Return to General Translation Projects