Chaos;Head translation project

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Gunbladeuser » February 24th, 2009, 2:39 pm

Moogy wrote:The overlay text isn't translated because it's stored in movie files.

Is there any chance to get to know what they say during such scenes?
I mean... since I can understand Japanese at least a little bit, I kind of roughly get what they're saying... but it'd be nice if there were something like subtitles or so... ^^"
Gunbladeuser
Addict

Unread postby Phlebas » February 24th, 2009, 10:59 pm

Gunbladeuser wrote:
Moogy wrote:The overlay text isn't translated because it's stored in movie files.

Is there any chance to get to know what they say during such scenes?
I mean... since I can understand Japanese at least a little bit, I kind of roughly get what they're saying... but it'd be nice if there were something like subtitles or so... ^^"

I think there must be some misunderstanding. The longish intro which is in movie format is subtitled. The installer asks if you want hard or soft-subs, if you aren't seeing them it means you chose soft-subs and they aren't working. Reinstall with hardsubs.
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
[T.S.Eliot: The Waste Land - IV. Death by Water]
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby DarkEyes » March 8th, 2009, 9:14 am

ive played the game.. its really f-ed up..... dont play it if u dislike pussy protagonists or literally insane characters..
DarkEyes
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Garcher » March 20th, 2009, 8:48 am

Could someone who finished the game enlighten me on this?

I finished it once, and got the ending where Takumi dies yada yada. But I'm hearing things about AA route and B route..... I'll assume that I finished route AA, so how do I enter the B one? And what are the differences between the two? Are they as big as the ones in Fate? (eg: Fate to UBW)
Garcher
Might just like this board

Unread postby Mazyrian » March 20th, 2009, 1:55 pm

If you got the ending where he dies, is A; to get AA, to have to answer perfectly the last questions (IIRC, is yes, yes, no, no, no, and yes all the others). If you do that, you get a scene more.
To get the B ending, you have to get many "sono me dare no me" (whose eyes are those eyes) scenes at the delusions triggers. There are some walkthroughs, http://g-seeker.net/game/k/chaoshead.html or http://desertrain.sakura.ne.jp/kouryaku ... ro_ch.html for example, but in japanese (though they're not hard to follow). Or you could save at every trigger and see if one of them (or not choosing) leads to a scene with "whose eyes are those eyes" (though remember that you can't save in chapter 7). If you do this right, the last half of chapter 10 is different (everything else is the same).
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atriel » March 20th, 2009, 9:06 pm

^Question: Is it worth it?
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Mazyrian » March 20th, 2009, 9:15 pm

The AA certainly. The B, it depends on you; even skipping all, it would take a few (or some) hours at least to reach the different part. And the ending itself is not that great (or maybe even outright bad), though is interesting. It also sheds some light in Suwa. Also, if you want to get all CGs, you need it. But if you are not interested in that, then maybe is not really worth it. All in all, it seems to me the main value of B ending is completion's sake; if you don't care, don't go for it.
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Garcher » March 20th, 2009, 9:21 pm

I heard there was a Good Ending, a Bad Ending and a True Ending. which are which? :?
Garcher

Unread postby Mazyrian » March 20th, 2009, 10:15 pm

I haven't found these denominations anywhere, but the A would be the True, the AA the Good (although these are not really different endings), and the B the Bad, if I had to classify them. There is a Bad End (maybe not with that name) at the end of chapter 6, though, if you fail the questions.
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Garcher » March 20th, 2009, 10:23 pm

I don't really want to replay the whole game or even skip through it so if possible, could you describe the differences in chapter 10 between the A and B routes? also describe the B Ending :D You don't have to if you don't wanna do it :wink:
Garcher

Unread postby Phlebas » March 21st, 2009, 8:46 am

Mazyrian wrote:
I haven't found these denominations anywhere, but the A would be the True, the AA the Good (although these are not really different endings), and the B the Bad, if I had to classify them. There is a Bad End (maybe not with that name) at the end of chapter 6, though, if you fail the questions.

I'd say A is the "normal end", AA "good/true end" (although as you said they aren't all that different), and B "bad end" which is just an explanatory route; though I've seen others call B the "true end" probably on the basis it's unlocked last I can't really sign that statement for many reasons.

Garcher wrote:
I don't really want to replay the whole game or even skip through it so if possible, could you describe the differences in chapter 10 between the A and B routes? also describe the B Ending :D You don't have to if you don't wanna do it :wink:

There isn't really any difference until ch10, and even there pretty much the only factual difference in B route is that Suwa (that's right, not even the protag) acts a bit differently and gets Sena to kill his father, and attacks Takumi differently, making him lose all his sanity by showing him delusions which explain various key points of the story (I think that's how it played out anyway, been a while since I played it, was a beta tester). Takumi then fails to stop Norose and Noah is activated. And everyone lives happily ever after... like sheep. Except the people who don't live. The whole point of the ending is just to show you those delusions which explain some details, though I must also add that the route seems to add some new inconsistencies especially concerning motivation of some characters.
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
[T.S.Eliot: The Waste Land - IV. Death by Water]
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Mazyrian » March 21st, 2009, 11:29 am

More specifically, the delusions Suwa shows Takumi are all the New Gen cases (Suwa makes Takumi relive them as the victims). It also explains that Suwa and Hazuki were a couple (both in the Church of God's Natural Born Light), and that the fetus Hazuki uses in the second case was hers and Suwa's. Also, after Takumi collapses because of these delusions (his heart becomes broken) and is taken to were Noah II is, he awakens and destroys it and then comes a scene two months later, were everyone is happy (and which is kinda hilarious)... though it was only another delusion. The end is like the A end, though from Rimi's point of view.
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Moogy » March 24th, 2009, 4:15 pm

In the game scripts, B ending is referred to as TrueEnd. Enjoy your tears.
Moogy
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Mazyrian » March 24th, 2009, 9:07 pm

Well, I think I will continue considering AA the True End. Who are the creators to tell me how their story ends?
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Re: Chaos;Head translation project

Unread postby cyber0922 » December 3rd, 2011, 2:56 pm

guys, im trying to play this game, but unluckily it crashes midway since im missing the file called mvNH03.ngs which is in dx folder.. anyone who would be so kind to send it to me,ill be in debt to you forever :) please message me here for my email..
cyber0922
Totally hardly posted

Previous

Return to General Translation Projects