Chaos;Head translation project

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Mkilbride » November 7th, 2008, 12:26 am

Disappointing about the no H-bit, but there are patches to make everyone go out in Lingere, makes it abit silly, but eh.

I hear there is ALOT of Ecchi in this, which is good.

Listen, I dunno why, but Tsukihime, Fate Stay Night, Utware, ect, while ALL great novels / names I've enjoyed, without the sex? It feels like it's just not complete. I dunno why. I didn't even really like the sex scenes in some of them. I just kinda like the feeling I'm WORKING towards it.

AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread post by AlinSabel » November 7th, 2008, 12:53 am

They're major plot features. It's a bit hard to remove them without coming up with some ridiculous excuse which invalidates the original canon. Like... how to transfer mana when he can't do it...

Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » November 7th, 2008, 1:25 am

Well some Visual Novels do have that tendancy to have it where it can make sense without having any ero ero scenes though. It's trying to find a way to make it work properly where it can make sense either way.

Never the less some people rather would play to get the certain gril that the anime didn't go with.

abscess

Unread post by abscess » November 7th, 2008, 1:44 am

Meh.... Who would really do that? I want a story, dammit!
Anyway, if it has no h-scenes it's not a plus nor a minus, it's the same. It just means I may not laugh at those scenes...
► Show Spoiler
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

BrianlAFl
Totally hardly posted

Unread post by BrianlAFl » November 7th, 2008, 2:30 am

Mkilbride wrote:Disappointing about the no H-bit, but there are patches to make everyone go out in Lingere, makes it abit silly, but eh.
Heh, after you play it, you will probably not care anymore. It has a great story. Not only that, I looked at the best selling games in Japan a few months back and Chaos;HEAd was the second in the list. I really think only good games can get that high.

Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Mkilbride » November 7th, 2008, 2:31 am

Eh, Halo sold pretty well and ranked high, so I don't think Rankings exactly show good games. Although I do agree, this game looks awesome, and it's almost fully translated and I will surely play it when it is.

LoSs
Addict

Unread post by LoSs » November 7th, 2008, 8:07 am

It's translated long ago, we are just do edits to the script files and re-insertion.

Kid-Wolf

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » November 7th, 2008, 2:03 pm

Ah so basically it's 100% translated, but in the editing phase now am I correct?

Well if this game is pretty good I'll give it a shot never the less since it looks rather fun to play though.

Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Phlebas » November 7th, 2008, 3:14 pm

Would probably be more correct to say it's already been edited and playtested but massive bugfixing and re-insertion remains (because the engine is retarded). Though I think it's pretty much fixed by now.
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
[T.S.Eliot: The Waste Land - IV. Death by Water]

Kid-Wolf

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » November 7th, 2008, 4:58 pm

Ok so they're actually in the testings of the Installer phase then. Ok I'm looking foward to seeing this game finished now.

abscess

Unread post by abscess » November 7th, 2008, 6:07 pm

LoSs wrote:It's translated long ago, we are just do edits to the script files and re-insertion.
There is not much I can say to express my interest and gratitude, so I'll just say thanks.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.

Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Mkilbride » November 7th, 2008, 7:08 pm

Well yeah, but I wanna play when all the little things are fixed. I'd really hate to play this and have a random crash there, or there, especially considering what I've been told of the "Skip" option.

Seriously, whose idea was it to make a skip option like that? Frustrating ~ Most VN's these days have the proper skip Engine...weird they didn't do it for this one, too.

See, even if it's 100% translated, I want to make sure everything's juuuuuuuuuuust right. Why rush it? Basically.

Good Job though, you translated this game really, really, damn fast. I'm very impressed. A VN released and fan translated in the same year? I've never heard of such a thing, but it may have happened before.

Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread post by Atriel » November 7th, 2008, 7:10 pm

Mkilbride wrote:Eh, Halo sold pretty well and ranked high, so I don't think Rankings exactly show good games.
QFT!

*Still mad at buying that piece of shit called Halo 3*

As to your other comment i kind of agree with you, to some extent... I don't think sex needs to be there, but many a time it's just something that will happen. Arcueid's scene comes to my mind with this statement. Of course, some others scenes are just forced.

Anyway, i will try this one as soon as possible.

Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread post by Phlebas » November 7th, 2008, 7:34 pm

Mkilbride wrote: Seriously, whose idea was it to make a skip option like that? Frustrating ~ Most VN's these days have the proper skip Engine...weird they didn't do it for this one, too.
Yeh well like I said the engine is retarded, been wondering about the same. It's a major problem on replaying the game as well, as basically you can't just skip and hit the delusion triggers because they flash by sometimes in less than a second. If you skip read text, you will miss most if not all delusion triggers on replaying even if you try to pay attention. If on the other hand you try to play with max speed automode, you will end up skipping unread text as well even if you can spot the triggers. Loss-loss. The only sane way to replay the game is by staring at a walkthrough showing all the delusion triggers and just interrupt skip when you get to those scenes.
It's such a patchwork really, nitro+ needs some better coders.
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
[T.S.Eliot: The Waste Land - IV. Death by Water]

negum
Crack Addic!

Unread post by negum » November 18th, 2008, 4:13 pm

For those who care and aren't checking the updates.
Re: Release date
jerieljan on Nov 18, 2008 @ 01:28am UTC

I feel like constantly updating the home page on this site now.

There's progress.
From what I can see in our most recent snapshots, it's halfway done. (Chapters 1-6 are in a neater condition now.)

Most recent updates were: Chapter 4 & 6 getting edited at my side, Chapter 5 and Route A end at TinFoil's)

I have yet to hear updates on our image editor guys. The images are all translated although it's just a bit "dirty" in some parts; especially images that have scanlines in them.

abscess

Unread post by abscess » November 18th, 2008, 5:59 pm

negum wrote:For those who care and aren't checking the updates.
Re: Release date
jerieljan on Nov 18, 2008 @ 01:28am UTC

I feel like constantly updating the home page on this site now.

There's progress.
From what I can see in our most recent snapshots, it's halfway done. (Chapters 1-6 are in a neater condition now.)

Most recent updates were: Chapter 4 & 6 getting edited at my side, Chapter 5 and Route A end at TinFoil's)

I have yet to hear updates on our image editor guys. The images are all translated although it's just a bit "dirty" in some parts; especially images that have scanlines in them.
thanks man.
I'm lazy and use this forum as a means of getting some of the news about this stuff!

Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Mkilbride » November 18th, 2008, 9:02 pm

Yeah, I've been checking the page. It's real close, they think by December it'll be out.

Kid-Wolf

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » November 18th, 2008, 10:26 pm

Mkilbride wrote:Yeah, I've been checking the page. It's real close, they think by December it'll be out.
If tat really happend that alone would be a miracle unto itself. In any case ehre's hoping that you're right about that though.

Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread post by Mkilbride » November 18th, 2008, 10:31 pm

I don't think it's a miracle, they're pretty fast and alot of it's done, really only the cleanup work is done. Maybe they'll wait and release it ON or the night before Christmas...either would be nice.

Kid-Wolf

Unread post by Kid-Wolf » November 18th, 2008, 11:22 pm

That'll be the best Christmas ever for me if they did something like that now.