Kanon... almost here?!

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

Kanon... almost here?!

Unread postby X-Calibar » November 5th, 2008, 3:05 am

Kanon translation progress has gotten another update...
http://radicalr.pestermom.com/vn.html

10/30/08 - Check pdf file here. Note all but one of them are green. Now watch this. Sorry for the lack of sound, but system was not cooperating. Note the script is dated and will not be the one in the patch; this is just a technical demo.

Looks like it's on the home stretch! I like the font too...

I've managed to avoid any information about Kanon so this is another thing I've been looking forward to~ [plus I picked it up at a great price...] Seems like a good year for these projects :O
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Maes » November 5th, 2008, 7:37 am

Holy shit, an update for Kanon!? Well, I guess there was one in July... but still. Oh, and fuck me for going computer-less for 4 months starting Sunday... I hate my timing sometimes.
その目だれの目?
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Mkilbride » November 7th, 2008, 2:32 am

It probably won't even be out by those 4 months. This is another VN I'm waiting for, but it's stuck in translating hell. Just like Air ~ which will not be translated, or so I'm told.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Phlebas » November 7th, 2008, 7:19 am

Doesn't really seem it's "stuck" anymore since they only have 1 scene left to do... but that doesn't say anything for how long it'll take to get the actual translation patch out unfortunately, depending on length of testing process etc~~. Looking forward to it anyway.
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
[T.S.Eliot: The Waste Land - IV. Death by Water]
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Gunbladeuser » December 14th, 2008, 1:02 am

Teaser Patch is up for download!
Gunbladeuser
Addict

Unread postby X-Calibar » December 15th, 2008, 6:42 am

How'd I miss this?? Cool!

EDIT: And I seem to be the only person who is unable to make this work ;_;
It crashes as soon as I try to start the program. Kanon works until I install the teaser patch ... argh
EDITEDIT: Radical R has already fixed it so it starts for me! amazing!
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Sinistra » December 21st, 2008, 8:34 am

i cant seem to get it to work, the game worked fine up until the patch? did i miss something? how'd you guys get it to work?
Sinistra
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby X-Calibar » December 21st, 2008, 5:22 pm

Sinistra wrote:i cant seem to get it to work, the game worked fine up until the patch? did i miss something? how'd you guys get it to work?

E-mail the address on their site explaning what is wrong, they fixed it for me!
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Bossof69 » January 17th, 2009, 3:55 pm

How far in the game does the patch translate?
Does it translate the entire game, or only to a certain point?
Bossof69
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby X-Calibar » February 13th, 2009, 10:16 pm

Check it out! :D
http://radicalr.pestermom.com/vn.html
02/10/09 - We are proud to announce that we have reached a milestone with the project. As of now, Shiori's path is playable to the end - Hence the reason we dub this patch "Vanilla Edition". This patch is also special for another reason; but you'll have to read the readme to find out what! You can download the patch here. As always, please report any bugs to us.

Shiori's path is now complete and there's a patch up for download at the above link...
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mkilbride » February 14th, 2009, 4:54 am

Sweet. Only one thought? I thought it was near done. What's special? I read the Readme...but nothing in it was special?
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby X-Calibar » February 14th, 2009, 5:46 pm

Mkilbride wrote:Sweet. Only one thought? I thought it was near done. What's special? I read the Readme...but nothing in it was special?

It also comes with the ability to play voices.
However, you will need the voice data from the DC or PS2 version of Kanon to be able to use this function.

Tools needed:

DC - http://www.haeleth.net/kanon_dl.shtml
download vAVG32
http://forums.novelnews.net/showthread.php?t=6600 <- Follow this tutorial to extract the voices.

PS2 - http://imai-hideout.ddo.jp/win32/index.html
download vkanontool
Give it the Kanon path and the voice files. Choose whichever bitrate you want and click on
the big button at the bottom.

When you have extracted the voices, download this:
http://www.zshare.net/download/543157163765dd82/
Extract to the KANON_SE directory.

If you don't have the above (or just lazy), you can download and extract the voices here.
[URL removed by MSG]

I think that counts as special :P (to those who appreciate voices :P) [that option wasn't there before]
Too bad I don't have the PS2 game.... wonder how much...
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » February 14th, 2009, 9:10 pm

By posting a link to a warez copy of the Kanon voices, X-Calibar was in severe breach of the warez rule and as a result has been banned from these forums for the time being.

Unread postby abscess » February 17th, 2009, 7:05 am

Message wrote:By posting a link to a warez copy of the Kanon voices, X-Calibar was in severe breach of the warez rule and as a result has been banned from these forums for the time being.

So.... does he get to come back or something...?
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » February 18th, 2009, 4:37 am

abscess wrote:
Message wrote:By posting a link to a warez copy of the Kanon voices, X-Calibar was in severe breach of the warez rule and as a result has been banned from these forums for the time being.

So.... does he get to come back or something...?

For some odd reason I think it would be best not to question it. At least that's my guess. Since he could of just copied and pasted the thing from another site entirley.

In any case how long has this project been going on, and how far done is it again?
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Phlebas » February 18th, 2009, 6:04 pm

I think I should just mention that what he posted was in fact a direct copypaste from the English translation patch readme.txt (including URL in question).
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
[T.S.Eliot: The Waste Land - IV. Death by Water]
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby abscess » February 18th, 2009, 10:52 pm

Phlebas wrote:I think I should just mention that what he posted was in fact a direct copypaste from the English translation patch readme.txt (including URL in question).

.... I'm afraid to stick my neck out in this one, mainly because I don't know too much about this project, but.... Doesn't that mean that, since it was from a readme from the patch, it isn't breching the rules? Unless.... the patch was licensed or something.....

Well, going to my questions about this game. Is it really worth to get the game? I know near to nothing about it and saw it running only once on a DC a long time ago, it looked rather average. I'm asking because some say that Shuffle! is a must-play, but some other also say that it's better just to pass it (as in "not playing it "). I feel that Kanon may be in the same place as Shuffle! in greatness/mediocrity, that's why I ask. Anyway, I'm out.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby WingZero » February 19th, 2009, 1:01 am

I found Kanon quite mediocre, having played through it twice in different languages.

I personally think it's one of the worst works Key has ever done (not to mention one of the most overrated ones). Clannad is leaps and bounds better and, after having recently completed ONE ~To the Radiant Season~, I'd say so is that.

The only thing that's awesome about Kanon is Mai's route, I'd say. It easily made the game worthwhile for me. Everything else is just meh.

So yeah. It's not GREAT, especially if you have played enough VNs to have some sort of standard, but it's definitely not the worst choice you could make as far as VNs go.

All things being equal, I still rate Kanon heaps above Shuffle!, which was just... ugh.
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mkilbride » February 19th, 2009, 1:27 am

I just started it.

Better than average, but nothing amazing. It's no Nasu or Leaf quality.

One ~ To a Radiant season was about as good as this, I'd actually say. Wind ~ A breath of heart was really good though. Clannad also never interested me, it seems lower than mediocre.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby that one guy » February 19th, 2009, 5:42 am

Kanon so far is probably ranked 2 on the four Key games I've played. Above Clannad(meh) and One ~ To The Radiant Season(Boo!), but below Little Busters. Freaking love that game.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Next

Return to General Translation Projects