Kanon... almost here?!

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Andoru » February 19th, 2009, 7:38 am

its too bad about air, but theyve released a full route patch now, cant wait for the full thing. My nihongo is good but it just doesnt beat lazily reading in good old english.
Andoru
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » February 19th, 2009, 7:53 am

abscess wrote:
Phlebas wrote:I think I should just mention that what he posted was in fact a direct copypaste from the English translation patch readme.txt (including URL in question).

.... I'm afraid to stick my neck out in this one, mainly because I don't know too much about this project, but.... Doesn't that mean that, since it was from a readme from the patch, it isn't breching the rules? Unless.... the patch was licensed or something.....

No. It only means that Phlebas is a big enough idiot to think "if someone else jumps off a tall bridge, it's ok for me to do so as well".

If you want to know why the Kanon-fodder fanboys like this game so much, you could do worse than asking in gemot, I guess? My personal reasons for liking Kanon are rather limited, not having the played the game yet and all, but the fact that they created an all ages version ranks pretty high up there for me. :-)

Unread postby Mkilbride » February 19th, 2009, 7:57 am

Message wrote:
abscess wrote:
Phlebas wrote:I think I should just mention that what he posted was in fact a direct copypaste from the English translation patch readme.txt (including URL in question).

.... I'm afraid to stick my neck out in this one, mainly because I don't know too much about this project, but.... Doesn't that mean that, since it was from a readme from the patch, it isn't breching the rules? Unless.... the patch was licensed or something.....

No. It only means that Phlebas is a big enough idiot to think "if someone else jumps off a tall bridge, it's ok for me to do so as well".

If you want to know why the Kanon-fodder fanboys like this game so much, you could do worse than asking in gemot, I guess? My personal reasons for liking Kanon are rather limited, not having the played the game yet and all, but the fact that they created an all ages version ranks pretty high up there for me. :-)

I'll risk a ban too.

Personally, when I saw those links, I didn't even notice anything pirate about them. I saw it was copy and pasted from the readme(from which I read, but had not used any links, as I was waiting for a FULL patch) I thought he had posted to some torrent site, but then I looked at the readme links and understood. It's a very easy mistake to make, I had no idea zdnet or whatever is a pirate site.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby miszou » February 19th, 2009, 12:27 pm

Message wrote:
abscess wrote: My personal reasons for liking Kanon are rather limited, not having the played the game yet and all, but the fact that they created an all ages version ranks pretty high up there for me. :-)

Do you mean that because there is an all ages version, it must be pretty good, because 18+ versions usually sell better? Or do you mean that you just prefer all ages versions, making Kanon interesting because it has one? :)

As for me, I never played it, but the game is lying on my shelve waiting for me to try it xD I guess I can start with Shiori's path now to see whether the game is any good :D
You are here alone again
In your sweet insanity
All too calm, you hide yourself from reality
Do you call it solitude? Do you call it liberty?
When all the world turns away to leave you lonely
miszou
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » February 20th, 2009, 7:07 am

Mkilbride, it may be an easy mistake to make, but if I can spot a warez link by only reading through the pasted text once, so can you and anyone else. I'm not that special you know.

miszou wrote:Do you mean that because there is an all ages version, it must be pretty good, because 18+ versions usually sell better? Or do you mean that you just prefer all ages versions, making Kanon interesting because it has one? :)

Both actually, but mostly the second. Even more so in the case of Kanon, because I hear Kanon's ero is extremely bad.

miszou wrote:As for me, I never played it, but the game is lying on my shelve waiting for me to try it xD

Same here. ;__;

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » February 20th, 2009, 3:03 pm

Message wrote:Both actually, but mostly the second. Even more so in the case of Kanon, because I hear Kanon's ero is extremely bad.

Just as bad as Nasu's ero writings or worse?
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Moogy » February 21st, 2009, 3:13 am

Kid-Wolf wrote:
Message wrote:Both actually, but mostly the second. Even more so in the case of Kanon, because I hear Kanon's ero is extremely bad.

Nasu ero is hilarious.

Key ero is painful.
Moogy
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » February 21st, 2009, 4:22 am

Ok that cleared things up for me now, I appreciate tthat.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby that one guy » February 21st, 2009, 4:34 am

Moogy wrote:
Kid-Wolf wrote:

Nasu ero is hilarious.

Key ero is painful.

QFT
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kuuya/Fabre » March 2nd, 2009, 8:54 am

Moogy wrote:
Kid-Wolf wrote:

Nasu ero is hilarious.

Key ero is painful.

* A little girl with a headband and winged backpack tugs at Kuuya's sleeve*

"Key-ero nani?"

*Kuuya smiles and pats the young girl's head.

"Don't worry. There is no such thing as 'Key-ero'"

* The little girls beams and gives Kuuya a warm smile. She runs away, waving a hand back at him*

" Hypocrite!" says Fabre.

* Kuuya punts Fabre into the next room. Then stuffs his MaixSayuri doujins into his backpack before making a run for it*
Kuuya/Fabre
Addict

Unread postby -Shiki- » March 3rd, 2009, 1:02 pm

Looks like i have to find out how painful key ero is..juz downloaded the translation patch :D
-Shiki-
Addict

Unread postby Kuuya/Fabre » March 4th, 2009, 3:01 am

Fabre - Try saying "Key-ero" fast and a lot of times and you'd know how it feels.... Wow...

Fabre - and oh, Kuuya won't be around for a few posts. He got his eyes poked out by Sakura from F/SN
Kuuya/Fabre
Addict

Unread postby -Shiki- » March 4th, 2009, 3:45 am

somehow it became kero :lol: :lol:
-Shiki-
Addict

Unread postby teiglin » March 4th, 2009, 4:49 am

Kuuya/Fabre wrote:Fabre - Try saying "Key-ero" fast and a lot of times and you'd know how it feels.... Wow...

Fabre - and oh, Kuuya won't be around for a few posts. He got his eyes poked out by Sakura from F/SN

no quiero key-ero.
teiglin
Might just like this board

Unread postby negum » May 18th, 2009, 7:10 pm

New patch released (actually 2).
Translates Shiori, Makoto and Nayuki's path.

Fun fact:
Please don't copy and paste our readme.
Some of the links are considered warez on some forums.
NDT does not wish for users to be banned for this infraction.
^^;
Internet-Rule 20: "Nothing is to be taken (too) seriously." <-- So true. :mrgreen:
negum
Crack Addic!

Re:

Unread postby abscess » May 18th, 2009, 9:59 pm

negum wrote:Fun fact:
NDT does not wish for users to be banned for this infraction.
^^;

lol
This reminds of certain someone :)
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Re: Kanon... almost here?!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » May 18th, 2009, 10:06 pm

Wow so they have it patched for a few more routes. But why two patches?

In any case does this mean the game is completed yet, or does this mean we have a few more parts that are needed to be done?
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby negum » May 18th, 2009, 10:20 pm

They released one on 05.10 and one on 05.14 -> 2 patches since the last post in this topic. ^^
You only need the newest on, though.
It's not complete yet. At least two routes are still missing.
Internet-Rule 20: "Nothing is to be taken (too) seriously." <-- So true. :mrgreen:
negum
Crack Addic!

Unread postby X-Calibar » June 21st, 2009, 7:26 am

All routes up!
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Chaos Chaud » June 23rd, 2009, 3:51 pm

Hmm, if all routes are up, the Kanon officially enters the list of VNs I still have to buy.
"Let Chaos consume your soul, and you won't be neither good nor evil, neither light nor darkness. You will be hollow, will be future, will be freedom." -Chaos Chaud
"You defeat him" -GARcher
"Drown in your ideals and die" -GARcher
"My spine hurts. My body is cold. My fingers are frozen. Yet, my brain burns with fire."- T. Shiki
Chaos Chaud
Crack Desu!

PreviousNext

Return to General Translation Projects