Shining Wind translation?

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

Shining Wind translation?

Unread postby Sepheriel » September 26th, 2008, 1:01 pm

Doesn anyone know if there is any translation of Shining Wind somewhere (like a translated script or game dialogue)? If you know, please tell me where it is. I am playing it currently and I have a somewhat general idea of what is going on but I'm not sure and I would love to know more especially the conversations between characters. Is there also a Shining Tears translation? I do not want to play the English version if possible. Thanks a lot.
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Re: Shining Wind translation?

Unread postby Balcerzak » September 26th, 2008, 2:54 pm

Sepheriel wrote:Doesn anyone know if there is any translation of Shining Wind somewhere (like a translated script or game dialogue)? If you know, please tell me where it is. I am playing it currently and I have a somewhat general idea of what is going on but I'm not sure and I would love to know more especially the conversations between characters. Is there also a Shining Tears translation? I do not want to play the English version if possible. Thanks a lot.

If you do not want to play the English version, then which language are you hoping to play. Were you hoping to read it in Chinese, Korean, French, Russian, etc.? I would assume that might make a big difference as to the existence of a translation project, in any stage of completion.

With that little request for more information out of the way, let me take this time to mention that I've never heard of these games, much less a translation attempt for either of them. That being said, I don't get out and look around much beyond the usual suspects (here, visualnews [or was it visualnovels], baka-tsuki, and tlwiki]).
Balcerzak
Crack Addic!

Unread postby that one guy » September 26th, 2008, 5:59 pm

I think by "I do not want to play the English version" he meant "I don't want to play the one that was released in English, I want to play the one that was released in Korean*I think it's Korean* in English." IIRC, they're two very different game.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Sepheriel » September 26th, 2008, 11:38 pm

that one guy wrote:I think by "I do not want to play the English version" he meant "I don't want to play the one that was released in English, I want to play the one that was released in Korean*I think it's Korean* in English." IIRC, they're two very different game.

Shining Tears and Shining Wind are two Japanese action/rpgs released for the PlayStation 2. Shining Tears was released in English for the US but there is no voice acting and apparently Sega messed it up. I want the Japanese version of it for the voice acting and whatever else was better. Shining Wind has not been released in English so I am currently playing the Japanese version for it. They are NOT visual novels so there is NO in-game translation possible. All I am looking for is like a translated script or a walk-through with story hints or something so I can better understand what I going on. Thanks.
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby that one guy » September 27th, 2008, 5:43 pm

Ah, OK, then I wonder what the hell I was thinking of...
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby lolipedofin » March 22nd, 2009, 8:22 am

I'm only recently aware of this game... mostly due to Tony Taka..^^ Kureha, Seena and Blanc Neige are just too cute.. XD

Really wish there's a translation going for this, I was actually planning to buy Shining Tears, but after I read just how crappy the localization was... I simply had to pass on it..-_-
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Re: Shining Wind translation?

Unread postby tman7776 » October 2nd, 2011, 6:35 pm

So there's no way you guys can translate this?

I wish someone would.
tman7776
Totally hardly posted

Return to General Translation Projects