Tears to Tiara Translation Project (help welcome)

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Mkilbride » January 4th, 2009, 6:54 am

Go to wait for the full translation + bugs fixed patch. I know it's the same company, but I mean, the plot Summary is almost identical except for name changes, I'm sure it's just a bad plot summary.

No offense to the group that translated it, but it was a really, really, really fast translation, and I'm going to wait a week or two before I download, incase any quickfix patches are released.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Duvet » January 4th, 2009, 2:00 pm

No, forgive me. It's just a bad plot summary. Like I said, it goes a lot deeper than anything I've said. It's just the general idea without any spoilers to the game. Not to sound rash or anything, but don't judge a game unless you've played it yourself.

I've already played the game 100% already and there are really no grammatical errors that you should kill yourself over. If you check the forums of that site, it's been handled already.
Duvet
Might just like this board

Unread postby Mkilbride » January 4th, 2009, 4:37 pm

Also, yer Summary sounds like Spoilers I just realized(after starting the game), so I'd hope you can put them in Tags or so.

Also, the game crashed for me right after that girl had "Resigned herself", I'd assume the first video was starting, as she was about to give her name, and it crashed. Could it be due to Vista? Thanks...

The forums over there had this to say:

The game crashes after the intro movie.
Your video card is really out of date. PM me, and I'll send you a fix that resolves the problem.

It's a GeForce 8800 GT, I know it's not the latest, but I highly doubt it's out of date for a game that came out a year before it did. Latest stable drivers, no other video issues in anything...

I highly doubt it's the CCCP's fault, never caused an issue and has only helped in Video Decoding. I've tried Admin / Compat mode, nothing.

New information. It appears it works in Full Screen, but NOT windowed, NOT windowed.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Phlebas » January 4th, 2009, 5:32 pm

Mkilbride wrote:Also, yer Summary sounds like Spoilers I just realized(after starting the game), so I'd hope you can put them in Tags or so.

Also, the game crashed for me right after that girl had "Resigned herself", I'd assume the first video was starting, as she was about to give her name, and it crashed. Could it be due to Vista? Thanks...

The forums over there had this to say:

The game crashes after the intro movie.
Your video card is really out of date. PM me, and I'll send you a fix that resolves the problem.

It's a GeForce 8800 GT, I know it's not the latest, but I highly doubt it's out of date for a game that came out a year before it did. Latest stable drivers, no other video issues in anything...

I highly doubt it's the CCCP's fault, never caused an issue and has only helped in Video Decoding. I've tried Admin / Compat mode, nothing.

New information. It appears it works in Full Screen, but NOT windowed, NOT windowed.

The fix you mention is for S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR (yeah, someone was actually running that), so I doubt it's related, but I can't seem to recall any reports like yours so far (or rather, there was a report like that at the start of beta, but it was fixed and haven't had anyone complain since). I'm no techie anyway so you should take that to dakkodango forums, cheese will probably be able to figure out the problems, especially if you can attach a screenie of the crash report (if you're getting one). We're lacking actual error reports, anyway :p.
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
[T.S.Eliot: The Waste Land - IV. Death by Water]
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby that one guy » January 4th, 2009, 7:11 pm

I had the same problem, I got a fixed startup thing that I think they're going to use in the next patch. Just ask for some help over at dakkodango and you'll get it.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mkilbride » January 4th, 2009, 7:20 pm

Aw. It's censored, and pretty damn badly too. The censoring blocks take up alot of her face also, not just the male parts...pretty lame. Oh well, the story and combat so far has me interested at the very least. I'll continue. I can't go to Windowed mode in the game though for some reason, it'll always just jump right back up to Full. Damn, another H-Scene so soon, this game has alot more, and alot sooner than Utaware, odd.

See, these are the errors I talked about waiting for. Luckily, they're easy to get around.

Lmao @ the scene

"I chased the two out of my room and cried" What an odd thing for a man to say...but it did make me laugh alot. I can't believe she wasn't angry at HIM though.

Ok, 4th hentai scene only 6 hours in. They're really abundant and feel incredibly forced, more so than Utware or even Fate / Stay Night.

For example, no spoilers, but he met this one gal, was worried about her & grabbed her hand. 30 seconds later ~ they're doing it. Just to give people an example, basically. Great, he just had sex with a child he's rarely even talked to, you get to have sex with the Aruruw of this game...kind of sick. I guess this one doesn't really need any character development at all. Honestly, that's what I'm MOST shocked about. The Combat is fun, the overall Story seems so freaking epic...but the character development(besides you, the Main Character), is next to nil. Another MC gets some development, but only in long, drawn out parts that happen every few hours. The Main Heroine also has no development past the prologue lol...kind of disappointed. I was expecting Utawre quality level of development.

Also, while the combat is fun, if you don't set it on Auto, it's a HEADACHE. The controls are crappy as hell, and using Auto is basically required! No problems with Auto so far, except they sometimes try to split up, and all the healers go in one group?(Dunno why...), and all the other guys go in one group, unable to heal themselves and I have to put them back together again. Overall, I liked Utawares combat better, even if you couldn't get new gear.

Overall, it's better than Average, but if you removed the H-Content, for once, I believe it'd be better, and I usually want it, no matter how bad.This game basically makes him sleep with the woman in it "For the heck of it", or on a "Whim"

It's rather annoying seeing him screw a child because she said she liked him. Gar. I just don't like how no character development besides the main char takes place really.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Re: Tears to Tiara Translation Project (help welcome)

Unread postby Graus » January 7th, 2009, 1:23 pm

cheese wrote:I've started a translation project for Tears to Tiara (Leaf SRPG eroge).
Check out http://www.dakkodango.com for updates or if you want to join the team.

Congrats to the whole team on finishing this. After I finished playing this I just had to go order the PS3 remake of the game.
You have my thanks again.
Graus
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby X-Calibar » January 7th, 2009, 7:45 pm

To give anyone curious about this game a heads up/to hook them on it...
I've uploaded Tears to Tiara gameplay to youtube, to the end of the first battle.

or watch in High Definition : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPL9Vbncbl8&fmt=22

(Took me 120 gigs and a lot of retries to get the 10 videos up [there is no auto-mode and I don't understand Japanese very well yet, so whenever I took too long to go on to the next phrase or cut off a sentence I had to restart the recording again ... if just one person buys the game from this then woot :P])
The next part is in the video responses.

[Just remove if there's a problem with a preview]
Last edited by X-Calibar on March 8th, 2009, 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Phlebas » January 7th, 2009, 9:06 pm

There's a serious problem with your video... you're not playing on Impossible difficulty! :D Nice work.
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Duvet » January 7th, 2009, 9:27 pm

Phlebas wrote:There's a serious problem with your video... you're not playing on Impossible difficulty! :D Nice work.

At first, I thought Impossible had to do with stats like in Utawarerumono since it was done by Leaf so I stuck with standard. If I'd known impossible was actually enemies attacking at the start instead of being on standby, I might've attempted it. The only thing impossible about the game is being on the last floor in the Leaf Company Tower, that took me forever to finish.
Duvet
Might just like this board

Unread postby X-Calibar » January 7th, 2009, 9:48 pm

Phlebas wrote:There's a serious problem with your video... you're not playing on Impossible difficulty! :D Nice work.

That... is impossible. Sorry. 8)

You and the team did a great job on the english release from what I've seen; happened so fast too!
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Gunbladeuser » January 7th, 2009, 9:50 pm

I absolutely agree with Mkilbride.
This game has far too much bad H-scenes which disturb the story and character developments.
Sometimes the characters talk of some kind of feelings for each other, but in fact I can hardly see any of them...
I'm really unsatisfied with the character development here... :(
Gunbladeuser
Addict

Unread postby Mkilbride » January 7th, 2009, 11:03 pm

Oh my god.

I'm at the part where the battle to become the Mayor is and...

Like well, within only a few days, you screw all the woman in your group, for random or stupid reasons.

Like someone above me said, some moments you feel for a character and you're like "Aww...this is nice", then BAM "I WILL SHOW YOU MY FEELINGS WITH MY MANHOOD!" lol.

I honestly can't believe this is from the people who made Utaware. It's polar opposite, really. I mean, the H-Scenes are worse than Utawre, but the randomness is the same, but at least Utawre had character development for others.

Overall, I like this game alot, but I don't think enough for a second playthrough. I find myself now skipping all H-scenes. Arawn is funny, because he comments on his harem too, but I mean ugh.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Vertanius » January 7th, 2009, 11:25 pm

Am i the only one that has problems with the text being blurry? ( Even after i checked the options that say to use if its blurry but still it doesnt change anything.)

EDIT: Nevermind i reinstalled and didn't use any patches this time and it worked.
Vertanius
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Phlebas » January 8th, 2009, 5:46 am

The h-scenes are mostly pretty crap all right, at least from a literary point of view. It's painstakingly obvious they aren't part of the main story (with the exception of riannon's 1st scene they were all written after the story - which is about 60-70% of the total script - was finished, same with most of the misc character-specific scenes). Well, they did give us the most laughs :roll:. And it's not like anyone plays the game for the h-scenes anyway, right? After Uta I didn't expect much of them either, unfortunately they were a bit worse still than what I expected (mainly because of how character personalities change in them... and because of Ermin :)). You should really consider them as something separate from the rest of the game (comic relief?), as that's what they are.
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Mkilbride » January 8th, 2009, 10:49 pm

Finished it.

A few words, I already posted a full review on the other site...but I'll use these words to describe the game.

Epic

Tragic

Awesome

HORRIBLE ENDING

Lots left undone, possibly for sequel.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Previous

Return to General Translation Projects