Some help in translating lil busters.

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

Some help in translating lil busters.

Unread postby shirou12 » July 25th, 2008, 1:00 pm

ermm i dont know if what i am posting here is legal or in right place. Ahm I just want to ask some translators (except for taka and the others who are involved in mirrormoon projects <-- because i know they are busy) for help in translating little busters game. They needed some help for translating this game, and the raw scripts are currently posted in their site. For those who are interested you can visit in irc at http://cgiirc.synirc.net/cgi-bin/irc.cgi or just type synirc.net then go to channel #fluffy. thanks in advance.

Disclaimer:
If this thread is unappropriate or had abided rules of this forum pls removed this thing. Thanks
shirou12
Crack Addic!

Unread postby lolipedofin » July 26th, 2008, 7:10 am

So... Little Buster is also a translation in the making... KANON, AIR, CLANNAD, and now Little Buster...

Please God... just one of these project finished and I'll die happy... (Asking God to play eroge?! O.o)
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Ciel » July 26th, 2008, 7:21 am

you can play kanon and clannad already though, even if neither of them are completely finished. kanon's pretty rough where it's not edited, but clannad seemed fine from what i played of tomoyo and kotomi routes.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Cat Megex » July 26th, 2008, 6:44 pm

lolipedofin wrote:So... Little Buster is also a translation in the making... KANON, AIR, CLANNAD, and now Little Buster...

Please God... just one of these project finished and I'll die happy... (Asking God to play eroge?! O.o)

CLANNAD isn't an eroge.
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby lolipedofin » July 27th, 2008, 1:21 pm

Ciel wrote:you can play kanon and clannad already though, even if neither of them are completely finished. kanon's pretty rough where it's not edited, but clannad seemed fine from what i played of tomoyo and kotomi routes.

How? From what i know Kanon was stopped at 57% (The patch was made but retracted, hard to find, but hey.. is there anything you can't find from HongFire people?!) but i have no intention to play a half-done patch... while the new group that pick the project up from where Haeleth left it was still working on it... Oh hey, just checked their page and seems like they got a leak problem too... similar to UBW i think.. can i guess who made the leak?! :roll: I have even less interest on leak patch.

As for CLANNAD, are you talking about the leak patch, or playing by applying the SEEN files ourselves? Have no interest in both solution... :P

Cat Megex wrote:
lolipedofin wrote:So... Little Buster is also a translation in the making... KANON, AIR, CLANNAD, and now Little Buster...

CLANNAD isn't an eroge.

I know.... just too lazy to write it separately... Well, since in an allagege, i supposed it's okay with you, God?!
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby AlinSabel » July 27th, 2008, 9:18 pm

Kanon was leaked about half a month ago, in pretty much the same format as the unofficial Clannad translation.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Shikiller » July 28th, 2008, 5:16 pm

The Clannad patch is not a leak, is a patch made with the open to the public wiki- translation in baka tsuki. That patch uses not fully edited translation, but it's good anyway.
I'm looking forward to the full official patch :D
Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread postby AlinSabel » July 28th, 2008, 9:17 pm

I said in the same format - i.e., a compiled SEEN.txt.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Akeashar » July 29th, 2008, 10:51 am

Are we talking Little Busters, or Little Busters Ecstasy? (Out of curiosity)
Akeashar
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby shirou12 » July 29th, 2008, 12:01 pm

They are translating the little busters. There are still no plans AS OF NOW if they will continue it until ecstacy, it depends on how many were willing to help to translate. If you want to help you can visit them at irc.
shirou12
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Shikiller » July 29th, 2008, 7:21 pm

AlinSabel wrote:I said in the same format - i.e., a compiled SEEN.txt.

I wan't quoting anyone in special. Is just that some people think that is a leak.
Shikiller
Crack Desu!

Unread postby lolipedofin » July 30th, 2008, 4:44 am

I thought, it is a leak.... Well, maybe not a leak (since they did let the files open to public view), but definitely not an official patch either, the warning was even made in the baka-tsuki website...
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby AlinSabel » July 30th, 2008, 6:19 am

Well, the text was available already. For Kanon, that was definitely a leak, while for Clannad, it was just people doing unofficial compiles of text that was readily available.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby silent » September 25th, 2008, 9:48 pm

Currently in need of editors and translators.

The requirements to become an editor:

-- Good grasp of English
-- Prior experience of editing is greatly appreciated

Some basic knowledge of Japanese is a plus.

The requirements to become a translator:

-- Being able to translate from Japanese to English, that's pretty much it.

If you want to apply for either of the aforementioned positions, drop by our channel #fluffy@synirc[DOT]net and send me a private message (i.e. silent) so that we can work out the details. Editors are top priority as of now, but translators are welcome as well.
silent
Totally hardly posted

Return to General Translation Projects