Brass Restoration

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

Brass Restoration

Unread postby misher » July 9th, 2008, 5:49 am

can't believe no one talks bout this game, it actually seems pretty good so far, the script is very amusing. Its quite humorous and this effect is only slightly reduced in the translation. You can really emphasize with the main character...trying to put up a front in order to hide the emptiness he feels inside.
misher
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Atriel » July 9th, 2008, 7:17 am

And who is translating this =O?
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Phlebas » July 9th, 2008, 7:21 am

Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
[T.S.Eliot: The Waste Land - IV. Death by Water]
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby abscess » July 9th, 2008, 8:12 am

I actually never realized that there wasn't a sub-forum dedicated to this game until now :P
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Atriel » July 9th, 2008, 4:58 pm

Yeah... i didn't remember.

<---Feels dumb.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Maes » July 11th, 2008, 9:00 pm

I'm looking forward to it since I doubt TakaJun would spend the time translating it if it wasn't pretty good.
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby roofclimber1 » August 15th, 2008, 6:13 pm

I was wondering about something with Brass Restoration...
Do you need to get the game separately, or is it a standalone installer?
I have no idea what the stuff on the site for the actual game means....
roofclimber1
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby AlinSabel » August 15th, 2008, 10:09 pm

I believe all the games translated by mirror moon - bar one exception - are released as patches, which require you to have the original game.
The only game that does not fall under this category is WindomXP.
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Message » August 16th, 2008, 8:14 am

As we have official permission to translate Brass Restoration to English, we will release the game standalone. There will be no patching mode implemented in the installer, so there's no point in installing the Japanese game first.

Unread postby AlinSabel » August 16th, 2008, 8:24 am

*shock*

Wow! XD *is shot to the ground*
AlinSabel
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Einherjar » August 18th, 2008, 3:36 pm

Message wrote:As we have official permission to translate Brass Restoration to English, we will release the game standalone. There will be no patching mode implemented in the installer, so there's no point in installing the Japanese game first.

Wow. To receive official permission is rare indeed. Kudos to mirror moon, I guess.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Message » August 19th, 2008, 9:50 am

Einherjar wrote:
Message wrote:As we have official permission to translate Brass Restoration to English, we will release the game standalone. There will be no patching mode implemented in the installer, so there's no point in installing the Japanese game first.

Wow. To receive official permission is rare indeed. Kudos to mirror moon, I guess.

It might surprise you to know that most al|together releases, especially the 2006 version, are fully endorsed by the creators. And from what I recall, Taka translated BR for at2k6. ^__^;;

Unread postby XanderSan » August 27th, 2008, 8:58 pm

"8/25: Editing stalled. Editing is boring, so I'm going back to translating, with a new project. I dont think anybody cares about this game, anyway. If anyone wants like a partial release with two routes, please tell me via IRC or PM. I'll think about it if there's enough demand.
-TakaJun"

Also hey, new here etc etc. Though I've been following Mirror-Moon for a while now. Regardless, what exactly does this mean? I was looking forward to this for a while. Well, ever since I read an option choice between 'Good Morning Kiss' and 'Good Morning Forehead Crusher'. I really like the character designs as well, they kind of take me back to an earlier time of anime (and some not-so-innocent dating sims).

So what should we be expecting? It's a real shame if the project is delayed for a while, I understand that not a lot of people are that interested in it, but then again isn't the best way to make more people interested in it to release a translation? Cave Story sure as hell wouldn't have the popularity it has now if it stayed in japanese. Heck, if it was I doubt half the players noticed the main character was a robot.

I guess it doesn't work that simply, which is a shame, but I kind of want to see this tranlation completed BECAUSE it's such an unknown game. Regardless, the project seems to be on hold, so... yeah. Bugger?
XanderSan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby that one guy » August 27th, 2008, 9:15 pm

Pretty sure that means the project is off indefinately. If there's enough demand, it might be taken up again, but it's highly doubtfull. I'm not too fond of the decision, because this looked like a fun game, but, well, there's only so much we can do. I, for one, am going to ask for a partial release, as at least that is better than nothing at all. And, while you're right that translating it will bring it popularity, the fact is there's no demand for it to be translated, unlike say F/SN which has a huge following eagerly anticipating it's final patch.
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Ciel » August 27th, 2008, 9:23 pm

i'm sure if there was enough demand someone else could just finish the editing. i mean, if all's translated and scripted and only some editing left, the bulk of the work was finished, so it'd be a huge waste of time and effort to throw it all away.

so, how about releasing the materials for someone else to finish, or hiring some editor to finish up the job? :P
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Cat Megex » August 28th, 2008, 8:58 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing at least a partial patch for the game (though a full patch is fine, too).
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby dorkatlarge » August 29th, 2008, 11:36 pm

Consider this post one more vote for either releasing a partial translation of Brass Restoration... or passing the project on to groups who might be interested in finishing it.

I looked at the screenshots and thought, "ooh, cute." I have followed the updates over the last few months, hoping to see a translation patch soon. So in other words, I'm just hoping it doesn't disappear.
dorkatlarge
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Maes » August 30th, 2008, 9:56 am

Seems like it would be a good read, a partial would be much appreciated if there's time to put one together.
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » August 30th, 2008, 7:56 pm

At first I was very disinterested of this project, even though the premise seemed sorta interesting, from the distance I thought I could smell dialogues along the lines of "I'm weally weally saaaad! :( I don't wanna wive anymowe! :cry: weeuweeuweee!! you don't undewstwand me!!!! ;_;" and I'm in a diet of those characters, that and having to look somewhere for a game that most likely couldn't be found anywhere and, if for some "magical" reason I was somehow "destined" to find it, getting my precious cash out to buy it wasn't very convincing. But when Message said:

I thought "oh! I get to keep my precious cash and check out this game! Cool! :D ", but when I read this:
TakaJun wrote:Progress

8/17: Slowly progressing through editing.
8/25: Editing stalled. Editing is boring, so I'm going back to translating, with a new project. I dont think anybody cares about this game, anyway. If anyone wants like a partial release with two routes, please tell me via IRC or PM. I'll think about it if there's enough demand.

I was like "damn! that was quite fast!" and that happened just when I was getting interested! :lol:

Anyway, I'm also one of the guys that suggests that this project would be passed on to another group, perhaps a small one that is just starting, that way they could get a feel on what is like to work on this kind of stuff and get some practice while they are at it.

On the "partial translation" thingy... I'm not too sure, I'm still thinking about it. In one side I have my curious self nagging me to get a real feel of what the hell is BR really about, but on the other side I have my completionist side (or however is spelled) that tells me it's not such a good idea, "or we get the whole thing or nothing". So... I'm at odds right now...
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby belphegor » September 3rd, 2008, 4:06 am

oh wow. i've been waiting for this game for a while. i've been pretty slow to notice that the editing stopped, because school had started on the 25th... i for one would like to see this game done completely. or at least, a partial patch released...
belphegor
Totally hardly posted

Next

Return to General Translation Projects