Brass Restoration

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Oksal » September 10th, 2008, 5:35 am

I am also interested in this and was checking on the progress for awhile. I would be all for a partial release.
Oksal
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby IceCold_Asssassin » September 12th, 2008, 1:08 am

i would as well Oksal. this looks pretty interesting.
IceCold_Asssassin
Crack Addic!

Unread postby belphegor » September 12th, 2008, 1:46 am

me too
>_>
<_<
belphegor
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby TakaJun » September 16th, 2008, 11:21 am

I wrote on the project page, but I've found another editor. I'll release the whole thing whenever he's done.
TakaJun

Unread postby Cat Megex » September 17th, 2008, 12:47 am

TakaJun wrote:I wrote on the project page, but I've found another editor. I'll release the whole thing whenever he's done.

w00t!
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby IceCold_Asssassin » September 17th, 2008, 1:41 am

2nd w00t
IceCold_Asssassin
Crack Addic!

Unread postby yuki_tsumotteru » September 17th, 2008, 3:14 am

Thirded, with an extra side helping of gratitude. This really does look like such a wonderful little game, and I'm happy to see any doujin or less-mainstream games receiving a quality translation treatment, so the kudos to you and the new editor, and three cheers for continuing the project. I will gladly await its completion.
yuki_tsumotteru
Into 17 Pieces

Unread postby XanderSan » September 17th, 2008, 9:06 am

Awesomesauce!

Seriously that's great news, and I hope the release is pretty smooth for you from now on. Good luck, and thanks!
XanderSan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby abscess » September 17th, 2008, 9:09 pm

TakaJun wrote:I wrote on the project page, but I've found another editor. I'll release the whole thing whenever he's done.

Yaaaaaaaay!
Now I just hope that the main character isn't some emo-kid.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby that one guy » September 18th, 2008, 4:10 am

*does the Carlton dance*
that one guy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Oksal » September 18th, 2008, 6:57 am

That's great news, now I have one more game I can be excited for.
Oksal
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby belphegor » September 18th, 2008, 8:11 pm

woot.

i look forward to thins game. yay.
belphegor
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby zoop » October 22nd, 2008, 5:27 am

Just out of curiousity, is there anything you can tell us about how the game is progressing? As much as I hate to beg for updates, I'm fairly interested in this project. :)
zoop
Might just like this board

Unread postby Balcerzak » October 22nd, 2008, 9:52 am

zoop wrote:Just out of curiousity, is there anything you can tell us about how the game is progressing? As much as I hate to beg for updates, I'm fairly interested in this project. :)

Sorry, I've taken a bit of a break on the editing here. There was a stretch where I was very busy helping out with HF, and Wanko, not to mention work, so this has been strictly back-burner material. I may be able to pick it back up again starting this weekend.

I've never really been good at estimating progress, as for editing I don't think that kb #s are entirely useful. Some large files may have little to no corrections needed, while some small files may need a lot of work. I can say that Minori, and Kouri's routes are essentially completely finished, Yoshine's route is mostly finished, there are only a few lines that I think still need to be re-worded for clarity, but the vast bulk of the difficult work has already been done. Yui's route I've given a cursory once-through and there is still much work to be done. If I had to give a hard percentage I would say that Editing is maybe at the 85% mark. Like I said, I'm not good with estimates, so don't get too excited.

Sorry for the lack of progress reports too, by the way, I know people are interested in the project, but I'm never entirely sure how much I should be saying.
Balcerzak
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Maes » October 22nd, 2008, 10:50 am

Balcerzak wrote:Sorry for the lack of progress reports too, by the way, I know people are interested in the project, but I'm never entirely sure how much I should be saying.

Hey, just knowing that it's still being worked on is good enough for me.
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby zoop » October 23rd, 2008, 1:26 am

Likewise, I was starting to get a little concerned that the project had fallen off to the side somewhere. :wink:

Sorry, I've taken a bit of a break on the editing here.

No worries, it's not like you're getting paid to do this - the fact that it'll eventually get released at some point at all is enough for me (disclaimer: patience is, in my opinion, a good thing to have, and is not a sign of sycophancy as some people seem to insist). That's not that the wait isn't agonizing, of course.
zoop
Might just like this board

Unread postby TakaJun » October 26th, 2008, 3:30 am

Sorry, I haven't been updating the project pages because I really don't know what the progress is.
I'm ready to release it once editing is done and after the game is tested for crashes.

Balcerzak: I don't mind telling people about the progress.
TakaJun

Unread postby XanderSan » November 2nd, 2008, 1:54 am

Awesome! Really can't wait for it, since the current mainstream gaming season has completely killed my budget for the niche titles. I'm looking forward to having another game to crash out in the evenings with!
XanderSan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Sinistra » November 3rd, 2008, 11:09 pm

should be interesting, hopefully not too much longer, looks like a very interesting game
Sinistra
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Balcerzak » November 15th, 2008, 5:07 pm

An update for the forum-goers who may not check the project page frequently.

11/14: Okay, just got word from the editor that he is all done. I got the files, so I'll do a quick beta-test for crashes before I start worrying about the release. But it'll all come after wanko come out... Been busy with that since it's almost ready for release.

Also, for those of you worried about emo, I won't say too much about the route content, figure you'll want to read it all yourself, and of course personal tolerances may vary, but in my opinion:
I found all of the routes to be pretty reasonable at least, with more than enough humour and interesting content to balance out whatever variation on the theme of depression was present. The sole exception to this would be Yoshine's route, which was almost painful at times for me, though this may also have been because its scripts seemed to be the rawest when compared to the other routes, meaning I had to read through them several times.

Edit: Extra spoiler tags never hurt. Even if they're not completely necessary.
Balcerzak
Crack Addic!

PreviousNext

Return to General Translation Projects