Tomoyo After Translation Projects

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

Tomoyo After Translation Projects

Unread postby 智美 » June 2nd, 2008, 11:28 am

Has there ever been a Tomoyo After translation or is there a group that was even planning to do one? I think The Wafflehouse/Baka-Tsuki were doing one... I would really like to do one, but I can only translate, not code (or whatever goes on behind the scenes, I suck ass at computers). I think it would be nigh on impossible, seeing as it seems like a pretty tough job to get a team together. But is there one that had may have already been completed, or was going to be (aside from the proposed The Wafflehouse one?)? Or alternatively, was anyone interested/know anyone who would be interested in doing one?

EDIT: Also, an AIR translation project (sorry to go all VA Key)?
智美
Totally hardly posted

Re: Tomoyo After Translation Projects

Unread postby Balcerzak » June 2nd, 2008, 2:08 pm

智美 wrote:Has there ever been a Tomoyo After translation or is there a group that was even planning to do one? I think The Wafflehouse/Baka-Tsuki were doing one... I would really like to do one, but I can only translate, not code (or whatever goes on behind the scenes, I suck ass at computers). I think it would be nigh on impossible, seeing as it seems like a pretty tough job to get a team together. But is there one that had may have already been completed, or was going to be (aside from the proposed The Wafflehouse one?)? Or alternatively, was anyone interested/know anyone who would be interested in doing one?

Some links that may help you out.

Tomoyo After
Air

As far as I know, Tomoyo After hasn't actively started, as velocity7 is more concerned with finishing Clannad first, but if you want to get a jump start on translation, I don't think anyone would complain.

The Air translation looks like it's taken a page from the Clannad Baka-Tsuki translation approach, so my guess would be that you could just jump right in and start editing the wiki SEEN pages.
Balcerzak
Crack Addic!

Unread postby LoSs » June 2nd, 2008, 7:06 pm

Some anonymous on /jp/ released day 1 patch. I think if you ask there, you'd be able to find some clues how to contact him.
Last edited by LoSs on August 20th, 2010, 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
LoSs
Addict

Unread postby ArchDemon » June 3rd, 2008, 9:40 am

智美 wrote:Has there ever been a Tomoyo After translation or is there a group that was even planning to do one? I think The Wafflehouse/Baka-Tsuki were doing one... I would really like to do one, but I can only translate, not code (or whatever goes on behind the scenes, I suck ass at computers). I think it would be nigh on impossible, seeing as it seems like a pretty tough job to get a team together. But is there one that had may have already been completed, or was going to be (aside from the proposed The Wafflehouse one?)? Or alternatively, was anyone interested/know anyone who would be interested in doing one?

Hi.

I was going to try translating Tomoyo After myself, but I'm at a disadvantage as I'm still learning Japanese. I have all the tools set up and can make a patch instantly. If you're interested in it, I'd be more than happy to join forces with you in bringing Tomoyo After to English. :D I've also talked to velocity7 about it and he gave me the go-ahead. There's also a request from him if someone could also look at the PS2 script which TakaJun tells me that most of the PC version is very similar to the PS2 version (minus ero scenes and extra dialogue in PS2 version). I've got all the SEEN files formatted in such a way that checking the translation with the original Japanese text will be a snap. Please let me know if you want to work with me. You can reach me through the forums, in #mirrormoon on irc.highway.net, or at my email address (sent through pm).

Regards

ArchDemon
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby 智美 » June 3rd, 2008, 9:14 pm

Thankyou so much Balcerzak and LoSs! I will be checking those out today, I've seen velocity7's thread, but I only own the PC version so I hadn't really looked at it in much detail. I will definitely check it out again. ArchDemon, I replied to your PM via e-mail!
智美
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby lolipedofin » July 27th, 2008, 1:29 pm

whoa... I just checked baka-tsuki to check on how things are with CLANNAD, no progress... I ended up stumbled on Tomoyo After, ArchDemon and TakaJun is in the translator list...!! Why didn't you just made this into a TYPE-MOON project? Are you guys expecting more people to join the band of translator?? I thought Taka preferred to be a single lone wolf (of eroge translation machine)...

Knowing Taka, i guess there's chances that Tomoyo After will be released before CLANNAD... lol... just joking... and no intention to discredit you ArchDemon, good luck with this project...
Uchi kaeru....
lolipedofin
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Parallel Pain » August 13th, 2008, 8:20 pm

First post

I'm willing to translate as soon as there are more translators, like say 5.

But since I already translated the OP (and plan on translating the ED) anyways

A gift (hope to see a kareoke fansub of it on youtube):

Light Colors

Lyrics: Jun Maeda
Composer: Shinji Orito
Music Editor: Kazuya Takase
Vocal: Lia

Translated by Parallel Pain

Passing through a prism, the world's colors, too, fade.
Even if everything is buried in this grey.

Even if there are things you can do nothing about, don't close your eyes until the end.
"The courage that watches over us," That's the thing of someone far away and not me.
Even though the head wind finally calms,
I worry about my over-long forelocks, and can't calm down no matter what I do.
The thing called courage is so far away.

I'll show you tomorrow that I can do it better,
So trust in me one more time.

If me, then it can be done, even if alone.
In the future, I'll show you I can repaint it again.

Even though I skillfully act like one without the features of a weak person,
I can't even forgive such a small sin, bumping into irritation.
The tall sky stretches, I heard the voices of the birds diving.
I prayed that I won't become one who remembers bitterness and pain.

Today we go aiming for that place,
So trust in this burning blood.

Even if the world is shut off in tears,
Even if we forget such a beautiful scenery,
If us, it can be done. I keep on trusting
that I won't regret the two of us of that day.

Dye the calm ocean of evening red.
Our way of life, burning with the utmost effort, too.

If me, then it can be done, even if alone.
I'll show you I can repaint the world again.
Parallel Pain
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Romdeau » July 18th, 2010, 8:16 am

Out of my own curiosity more than anything, why did you drop this project ArchDemon? Seems like in the post above you were fairly gung ho about getting it done.
Romdeau
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby ArchDemon » August 7th, 2010, 3:37 pm

Romdeau wrote:Out of my own curiosity more than anything, why did you drop this project ArchDemon? Seems like in the post above you were fairly gung ho about getting it done.

Hi there. Sorry for the late reply as I don't often browse the forums. To make a long story short, the translator bailed out so I turned it into a community project. Since I had a lot of other commitments at the time, I handed the project over to RadicalR of Non-Directional Translations though he seems to be no longer listed as the project administrator. You can find the project page below if you're interested:

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... moyo_After
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby sexwaffles » August 19th, 2010, 6:19 am

ArchDemon wrote:
Romdeau wrote:Out of my own curiosity more than anything, why did you drop this project ArchDemon? Seems like in the post above you were fairly gung ho about getting it done.

Hi there. Sorry for the late reply as I don't often browse the forums. To make a long story short, the translator bailed out so I turned it into a community project. Since I had a lot of other commitments at the time, I handed the project over to RadicalR of Non-Directional Translations though he seems to be no longer listed as the project administrator. You can find the project page below if you're interested:

So is there someone working on it or no? I would help if I could since I know katakana and hirigana but I only know a little bit of kanji
sexwaffles
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ArchDemon » August 21st, 2010, 12:34 pm

sexwaffles wrote:
ArchDemon wrote:

So is there someone working on it or no? I would help if I could since I know katakana and hirigana but I only know a little bit of kanji

It's an open wiki project, which means that anyone can work on it whenever they feel like it. As of this post, about 39% of the game has been translated according to the Registration Page. The original Japanese script as well as the current translations are accessible on the project page if you're interested in them.
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby Romdeau » August 29th, 2010, 8:40 am

I am unhappy to report that this project has been dropped by the 3rd Project Administrator for whatever reason...I would really like to get involved and help get this project going but I lack the necessary skills to do so (I think). This is really a shame, perhaps I should settle for the manga or script (translated from the Chinese one I believe).
Romdeau
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Guillo » December 30th, 2010, 4:01 pm

I hoped when I started reading that I'd get a proper translation by the end of the thread... this is too bad.
I actually am ready to help as well, I have some experience translating professionally (specially English to Spanish Translation, if you are interested) and I'm pretty good (or more important for these sort of projects, pretty fast!). Being a fan of manga, I'd love to work on this stuff.
However, i don't know japanese... yet. From TA I only know the CS game version fro PS2, never gotten to read the actual novel. I'll be able to read it soon enough!
Is there any chance I can find Tomoyo After translations to other western languages?? i can't find anything on this site... thanks!
Guillo
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ArchDemon » December 30th, 2010, 5:36 pm

You can find more information about the Tomoyo After translation here: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Tomoyo_After
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby Guillo » December 31st, 2010, 1:23 pm

Thank you! I'll check when I get home.
Guillo
Totally hardly posted

Return to General Translation Projects