Possible Translation

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

Possible Translation

Unread postby Mysterio006 » June 12th, 2005, 5:49 am

Me and a group of people are considering translating a game called Galaxy Angel: Eternal Lovers. A space shooter/dating game with a great story behind it... Unfortunately, we don't even know where to start...

The data files consist of .p00 through p.06 and .pak files. I suppose this'll be a toughie to figure out...

If anyone has tips on how to get started, it will be greatly appreciated.

Image Image Image
Mysterio006
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Message » June 12th, 2005, 8:03 am

I guess the first step would be to find someone with advanced programmings skills and lots of time on his hands. :roll:

Unread postby The_One » June 12th, 2005, 9:52 am

Indeed. Make sure he knows what he's doing though... Having him release a patch that screws up the entire registry isn't a good way to get on your fans good side :lol:.

Side note: The screens reminds me of Indinalog... Ah, the good 'ol days where my computer was still considered "top-spec" and being fast enough to run those 3D games. Now no one would even look at my comp with a crappy 4MB of VRAM (which is built-in, although it still has some ATi chipset. Weird :?).
"If you understand the human mind not, all your understanding are for naught."
The_One
Might just like this board

Re: Possible Translation

Unread postby ChocoEd » June 13th, 2005, 3:46 am

Mysterio006 wrote:If anyone has tips on how to get started, it will be greatly appreciated.

This site is probably a good place to start, as it seems to have various extraction tools for GA game data files.

That being said, this is a fairly huge undertaking. Best of luck!
ChocoEd
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Guest » June 13th, 2005, 5:43 am

Thanks for the help guys. If we're lucky, look foward to a patch... sooner or later.

Return to General Translation Projects