Fate Hollow Ataraxia project? FSN 2

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

Fate Hollow Ataraxia project? FSN 2

Unread postby Soulshade » March 15th, 2008, 3:50 am

Is there gonna b a FHA translation project soon? if reply plz :D
Soulshade
Addict

Unread postby OceanBlue » March 15th, 2008, 3:52 am

Beast Lair is already translating it.

http://nrvnqsr.proboards20.com/index.cg ... 1197655612
OceanBlue
Addict

Unread postby silenced » June 22nd, 2008, 8:59 pm

Doesn't seem like they're getting anywhere...
"...One must wait continuously, one must pursue endlessly.
They must realize that it was impossible to succeed yet
at the same time be capable of enduring patiently.
Is that... the story of a dream that shouldn't be waited upon?..."
silenced
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Atriel » June 22nd, 2008, 9:16 pm

Someone in this forum said they are at 80%~

That's just the translation, so there's still proofing and whatever else they do.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Avenger » August 21st, 2008, 6:46 am

Man, I'm so waiting and wanting for the translation of Fate/Hollow Ataraxia...
Avenger
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Blue Gunner » August 21st, 2008, 10:42 am

Well, if you look a few threads down, you can see the prologue translated. And if you search around on Beasts Lair you can find some more scenes arai did.
Improve your vocab and feed people in need: http://www.freerice.com
Blue Gunner
Addict

Unread postby Avenger » August 21st, 2008, 5:37 pm

Yeah, I know, thanks...:wink: But in-game translation would be MUCH better...:roll:
Avenger
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby LoSs » August 25th, 2008, 7:09 am

Atriel wrote:Someone in this forum said they are at 80%~

That's just the translation, so there's still proofing and whatever else they do.

I have heard another numbers: ~10%
LoSs
Addict

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » September 10th, 2008, 2:28 pm

You know I kind of wonder if the guys over a BeastLair are either slowing down on the F/ha translation project, or what I'm guessing they are waiting for the HF part that mirrormoon is doing first before showing any more work.

Although, I haven't checked over there in quite some time though.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Atriel » September 10th, 2008, 6:47 pm

^I doubt it matters, in fact it's better if they are still at it at the same (or faster) pace so once HF is out Ataraxia will be ready sooner.

LoSs wrote:I have heard another numbers: ~10%

Yeah... honestly, who knows.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » September 21st, 2008, 12:58 pm

Atriel wrote:Yeah... honestly, who knows.

Only the ones doing the translation at Beast Lair knows...

I played trough Fate Hollow already and as far as I could tell... they'll have to translate and edit a WHOLE LOT OF TEXT. That is if they include Illya's Castle, Taiga and Illya's Hanafuda game, Archer, Rin, and Saber's Temple, and Eclipse.
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » September 21st, 2008, 5:36 pm

Yes it'll be a rather big undertaking here. Besides this one was probablly the only disk they did for a bounus story that actually works as an actual legitamate storyline.

With the way things are going they may have been doing this game since mirrormoon was finishing up on the Fate route. Although, this is a wild guess on my part though.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby ArkBlaster » September 25th, 2008, 10:02 pm

first of all good greetings to you all ... I'm new to the forum and do not speak much English so I forgive my spelling .. I've been very up to date with FHA, I have the game but I got it in Japanese as summer is something a bit disappointing: (.. pay attention to the forum anything ... yet I've seen something condolences to a "pacth" do ... The pacth ... I imagine it must be difficult to get information because you can not simply copy and paste it ... because of the translation of what is least from my point of view: S.. anything by warning please ...
ArkBlaster
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Atriel » September 26th, 2008, 1:30 am

You lost me.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby ArkBlaster » September 26th, 2008, 7:15 pm

a? why you say that :?
ArkBlaster
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Balcerzak » September 26th, 2008, 8:37 pm

ArkBlaster wrote:first of all good greetings to you all ... I'm new to the forum and do not speak much English so I forgive my spelling .. I've been very up to date with FHA, I have the game but I got it in Japanese as summer is something a bit disappointing: (.. pay attention to the forum anything ... yet I've seen something condolences to a "pacth" do ... The pacth ... I imagine it must be difficult to get information because you can not simply copy and paste it ... because of the translation of what is least from my point of view: S.. anything by warning please ...

Hi.

Your (poor) English is making it very hard to understand what you're trying to say, but since you're obviously not a native speaker, I'll try to cut you some slack.

From what I can gather the bulk of your post means something along the lines of:
I've have a copy of FHA (in Japanese), and have been eagerly keeping up to date on the translation progress, but so far this summer has been a bit disappointing, with the lack of updates.

yet I've seen something condolences to a "pacth" do ...

As far as making a patch, I imagine it must be difficult. You can't simply copy and paste the files, since they're inside archives and you need special tools to get at them. However, you need to be able to do this in order to translate... at least that's how I understand it. If you know anything about this, please let me know.
(I've elaborated a bit, and tried to guess at what you meant to say, rather than what you did say, please correct me if I made an error. The line formatted by italics remains unchanged, as it completely eluded my ability to understand what you were trying to say.)

As far as answering that: projects take a lot of time. Especially big projects. It's not realistic to hope for continuous updates, and in the long run it doesn't really do anything but whet your anticipation, as knowing that a project is at 30%, or 60%, isn't really going to get it to a final state and downloaded to your hard drive any quicker. I suppose if you were waiting on the project being close to finished before purchasing the game, that would be a different matter, but as you already have your copy, I can't really see any real goal the updates would serve (besides satisfying simple curiousity). At this point there is only one thing you really need to know about the project: has it been dropped? I don't know the answer to that, but last I heard the guys at BL were still chugging away at things.

As I don't own Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, I don't know anything about how it's files are archived. If it's still using .xp3 formats, and the kirikiri engine, then tools have already been developed to extract, and reinsert files from the archives. If it's some other format, then I'm sure the team at Beast's Lair has the necessary tools. If you want to get the tools to tinker around in the inner workings of your copy of FHA, more power to you. I believe the xp3 tools can still be downloaded off of insani's page. They operate on the command line, though, so may not be the most user-friendly if you don't have much experience in working from a terminal. Alternately you could grab Susie, and a couple of plug-ins, but as far as I know that will only let you extract things, and not reinsert them. (I could be mistaken here.)

If I've completely misunderstood you, I apologize. Try to rephrase things, with better punctuation and grammar if possible - they're much more important than spelling things properly, to be perfectly honest - and I'll give it another go at understanding you.
Balcerzak
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Atriel » September 27th, 2008, 3:47 am

ArkBlaster, what is your native tongue? Maybe someone around here can speak it too and help you via a PM.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby nanaya_shinya » September 28th, 2008, 9:24 am

Even I couldn't make sense of what ArkBlaster is talking about.

Anyway...
Any updates on BL's progress with Fate Hollow?
!すでのな
nanaya_shinya
OMEGA DESU!

Location: Ahnenerbe Cafe, Beast's Lair branch, lurking the KanColle threads.

Unread postby Raitei » September 28th, 2008, 11:34 am

no updates since last year's december... at least, from what I've checked 1-2 weeks ago.
"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes... chaos.
I'm an agent of chaos."
Fate/world providence
Raitei
OMG! WTF WHO SET THIS TITLE! LULZ

Unread postby misher » September 28th, 2008, 4:12 pm

I still have the old translation by somebody he like posted 10 different parts in 10 different threads.... before they decided to completely re translate it all again from scratch. Anyway the current translation is past the farthest of that trans which was the right after the cmd seal on saber and shiro dying from the sword which is about 30-40 minutes into the game which is pretty good. Too bad they restarted from scratch though...
misher
Totally hardly posted

Next

Return to General Translation Projects