Fate Hollow Ataraxia project? FSN 2

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

Re: Fate Hollow Ataraxia project? FSN 2

Unread postby yellowvespa04 » March 30th, 2012, 7:59 am

It is now 2012. Learning Japanese would have been faster. And yet... well, is there a patch yet?
yellowvespa04
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ArchDemon » March 30th, 2012, 2:27 pm

There isn't a complete patch yet, but you can find a partial one here.
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby yellowvespa04 » March 30th, 2012, 7:39 pm

Thank you, ArchDemon.
yellowvespa04
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » April 1st, 2012, 5:32 pm

I get this feeling that the day the game is fully patched would actually mark the so-called end of the world here. lol
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby ShirouXSaber » April 8th, 2013, 8:03 pm

I'm currently playing FSN using mirror moon's patch. Man Mirror Moon did an excellent job! The patch is so flawless, almost like it was coded into the original game like it's part of the game.

It goes beyond my comprehension as to why MM didn't choose to make an F/H A patch... it's only natural, since FSN was so good :)... and I thought MM was a huge fan of FSN and Type-Moon....

So either 1. FHA sucks as a sequel and actually makes the FSN experience worse, so they're trying to say that the sequel should never be played and FSN should be preserved as is.... or 2. A translation was already done by someone else, and that it's at the quality that they think is fit, so they didn't bother doing the same amount of work twice.

I heard the FHA patch is 90% complete... wish i knew more....
ShirouXSaber
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » April 11th, 2013, 3:16 am

90% done!? o.O

Give a link for that or it isn't true.

In any case the reason why mirror moon didn't do the sequel is becuase it's like Kagetsu Tohya but multiply it by 400 along with using the exact same engine that they did with Fate though. The thing is it would of been a translators worst nightmare or so. Although I can't wholy speak for the mirror moon team, but lets just say they had thier good reasons not to do it.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Yoten » April 11th, 2013, 3:23 am

Yoten
Might just like this board

Unread postby ShirouXSaber » April 11th, 2013, 6:01 am

Wait what happened with Kaghetsu Tohya? Is it like impossible because they coded the game differently and made it really tedious to put the translations in? If that's the case, then ugh :(.

Also, Type-Moon really would make a lot more money if they just offered an english translation of all their works. I don't think it would be at a loss at all. There's enough Type Moon fans in the US and non-Japanese countries that it would be sellable.

I'm just annoyed at that. The translated stuff that makes it to the US are the more lousy animes/mangas like Naruto and Chobits (serisously?) or that whole Pokemon deal. Not that Pokemon is lousy :P Pokemon is cool... but FSN is on another level.
ShirouXSaber
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » April 13th, 2013, 7:42 pm

Yoten wrote:http://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=Fate/Hollow_Ataraxia

Yeah but the last patch was back in May of 2012, and we haven't heard much about it. Also, so far they have over 90% of the text translated, but not implimented into the game it would seem. Still I'd like ot hear from thoose guys when they are going to be done with it so I can finnaly mess around with my dear Caren-san. :3
Kid-Wolf

Unread postby Yoten » April 14th, 2013, 5:20 am

You could always volunteer to help out if you want it that badly. That's what I've done in the past.
Yoten
Might just like this board

Unread postby ShirouXSaber » April 14th, 2013, 8:54 pm

of course i want it that badly.

But then if i could help translate it, then that means I'd be moderately-fully competent in the Japanese language.... which i'm not.... and that's why I need the translation :).

However, if you're talking about just taking the Japanese characters and inputting them into Babelfish or something, well.... i could do that too :)... but I'm pretty sure that's not how they're translating it, and it's not 100% correct.
ShirouXSaber
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » April 16th, 2013, 1:03 am

The problem is not all of the fans here know how to translate Japanese to Engrish no problem. Also, another fact to state is not all people using a PC/laptop are considered Code Monkyes of sorts to manage to somehow place the translated portion over the orignal game without causing it to have issues of sorts as well.

If I was either of these I would of helped out with the project, but since I'm not I have to wait until the project is completed though.
Kid-Wolf

Previous

Return to General Translation Projects