Fate Hollow Ataraxia project? FSN 2

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

Re: Fate Hollow Ataraxia project? FSN 2

Unread postby Maes » June 27th, 2009, 6:43 pm

Being translated by aliens then, eh?
その目だれの目?
Maes
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Dark_Habit » June 27th, 2009, 9:29 pm

Heh, atleast it seems like it.
Life is but a River.
A continuous flow,relentless till it reaches its destination.
Rocks,rapids,falls hinder not the flow of the strong.
It has its ups,and its downs.
And in the end,peacefully.......
It dissipates into to vast Ocean.
Dark_Habit
Crack Desu!

Unread postby marcelostockle » July 20th, 2009, 2:48 am

Last edited by marcelostockle on December 26th, 2013, 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marcelostockle
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Minimoto » July 20th, 2009, 5:20 am

I doubt it. The persons translating has been offered help and refused I believe. And knowing how to speak Japanese will not help that much. I know quite a bit of Japanese (speak fluently) but can't really play Japanese visual novels due to the large amounts of narration and first person text, much in which has loads of varieties of kanji, even if you know hiragana/katakana/kanji (some) it doesn't work out.
おととい、ウサギを見たし、昨日は鹿、そして今日は、あなた。
Minimoto
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby sushimonster » July 20th, 2009, 7:49 am

Remember that the actual FHA is being translated from Korean. I am pretty sure that Amukunau is the only Korean in the group translating FHA (numbering at an unconfirmed number of 3). Being a (pretty fluent) Korean by blood and being able to speak fluent English (with a bit of Japanese here and there), plus some years experience with photoshop, I offered to help Amukunau with the translating. Though never got a reply... Won't be able to offer help for a while since uni semester just started again here...

Been playing through FHA in raw Japanese and hmm... It seems that the wait will be pretty worth it once (if ever) it is out.
Though I agree; they have been at this for around about 3 years and many (including myself) are rather unsure whether they will stay commited to translating this to the end. But then, the blog that Amukunau is writing up (and thank goodness updating) indicates that there is some progress (however small) being made, so all is not lost...

Just hoping it is by Christmas this year... Need a way of keeping myself occupied...
Image editor for the Fate/hollow ataraxia English Translation Project (mirrormoon is NOT translating)

DJMax Korea Veteran Elite Member (Top 350)
sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Ataraxia » July 28th, 2009, 4:58 am

*waiting impatiently*

uhm bl is no longer translating f/h a

well that's what i think

here read's the link that made me come to the conclusion of they are no longer active in translating f/h a

http://nrvnqsr.proboards.com/index.cgi? ... 70&page=23

http://amukunau.blogspot.com/

and the 2nd link will take like forever. F/H A has a short story but MANY of them. yes MANY! well not that i know cause i have a friend that is Japanese and finished it already.

well hope mirrormoon translate this since they translate very close to the exact meaning in japanese.

i hope i can see Rin again. HURAH

*waits again * (-.-)
Otakuism = Spread Anime \(^.^)/
WTF WHY IS MY TOPIC (viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3202)
If you are ganna lock some topic please state the reason before locking it. not like "I DON'T THINK SO". It's very offending. I've been into many forums, and by so far this is the most strict forums i have ever been too.
Yeah, I know I'm a noob, but I still have a right. No offense to fellow forum members and staff member.
Ataraxia
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby antidestruct » September 11th, 2009, 7:10 pm

I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE!
Last edited by antidestruct on January 24th, 2010, 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
antidestruct
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Atriel » September 12th, 2009, 1:27 am

^I guess you are just desperate. Hopefully you'll edit your post once you recover your senses. I do however, feel for you in the fact that the progress is apparently very slow.

Why mirror moon won't take it? Well, honestly I don't know but it's not as if they are obligated to do it.

Also, when a project is taken chances are that no one else will take it until the current one is dropped. BUT, since FSN is fairly popular there is a chance that someone will take it over eventually.

And you could learn japanese too...
If you disagree, you are wrong.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby sushimonster » October 19th, 2009, 11:21 am

I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned here (if it has, hmm...)
Amukunau is now REQUESTING help for the hollow ataraxia translation on his blog.

Hopefully (contrary to past responses from the higher-ups...) mirrormoon is keen on stepping up to the plate...
Mirrormoon seems quite 'dead' these days with all the biggie projects done... Quite keen on seeing mirrormoon bustling and back up like in the glory days (like a year ago when they released HF for FSN), just one more time~~

I personally volunteered there as a translator, but only because Amukunau is translating it from the Korean version to English (me being Korean, no problems there).

I'm sure some mirrormoon admins have a copy of FHA that they can use to assist with translating.

Anyway, awaiting an official response...
Image editor for the Fate/hollow ataraxia English Translation Project (mirrormoon is NOT translating)

sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Message » October 20th, 2009, 5:10 am

sushimonster wrote:Anyway, awaiting an official response...

You mean from us? We've answered the F/ha question many times before, you should know the answer by now...

Unread postby sushimonster » October 20th, 2009, 5:28 am

Ah well... I had a gut-feeling as to how mirrormoon would reply. Well, kinda expected the response - I was rather curious if the response differed this time with Amukunau requesting help and all (would have been surprised if you replied any differently ^_^)...

Nah; all good. Mirrormoon has its own reasons which I and countless others have and will always respect, so no hard feelings ^_^

Only thing left then is hoping that Amukunau will build up a translation team (hope I'm in there for this project) quick enough and continue with the translation, hopefully finishing before the end of the first quarter next year.

sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » October 22nd, 2009, 7:08 pm

There is a translation team willing to translate the FSN 2 into english but they want to be paid for it.

(I am just saying what I was told to)

bye.
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby ranmafan » October 29th, 2009, 1:07 pm

Another annoyed F/SN/HA fan here. Hi everybody.

(I'm limping through the game as a kanji study aid of sorts with AGTH :)

:soapbox:

I'm tired of seeing projects like these approaching the problem from, IMHO, completely wrong angle. This should be done the transparent FOSS way, taking as many random contributions from as many random people as possible.

Not the "me and my buddy are going to get this done all ourselves, just watch" way (though obviously, this *does* work if you do have a dedicated team...) If they want outside help, there should be zero commitment - just let someone translate a few random lines and be on their way.

(Editing, of course, is another topic. But we can worry about that once there's an actual script to edit.)

So, I'm tired just sitting here and watching this. I want to throw some more technology at it and see some kind of result.

From my point of view, this is what needs to be done at the moment:

1. Extract the raw text (xp3tools? CRASS?). - (straightforward)
2. Convert raw text into something standard (gettext PO files?). - (not as straightforward, but doable)
3. Put up a web interface that allows (semi-)anonymous contributions (google brings up Pootle as a good candidate). - (straightforward)
4. (hard mode) Once the stars align themselves correctly, merge existing translations in (perl, scripting, manual, whatever it takes).
5. ??? - (???)
6. Profit! - (when pigs fly)

So yeah. Does this sound like a dumb idea to anyone? If so, I'll be doing my best to implement it :)
ranmafan
Might just like this board

Unread postby ranmafan » October 29th, 2009, 4:48 pm

Scratch points 1 to 3, actually. Just tried it and it was ridiculously simple (an hour of work, maybe). So it really is just the question of coordinating and merging the efforts.
ranmafan

Unread postby Mazyrian » October 29th, 2009, 9:27 pm

Isn't that how translation wiki works?
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby ranmafan » October 30th, 2009, 10:33 am

Mazyrian wrote:Isn't that how translation wiki works?

I guess? I think a wiki isn't the best choice here, though, since we're dealing with pretty small chunks of material (it might be better at the editing stage, though).

Here's what a converted file ended up looking like:

http://www.2shared.com/file/8774296/365c0ad/1-02.html

Right now, I'm just stripping out the scripts, comments and commands, and leaving the lines themselves alone. Unless there are any other gotchas (like embedded binary data or some such stupidity), it's probably best that way.

I'm not too happy about hosting everything myself, but I'll probably post the link (it's up, with nothing in it) and start trolling for content this weekend...
ranmafan

Unread postby LoSs » October 30th, 2009, 1:18 pm

If you started a wiki project the translation would be finished like a year ago..
LoSs
Addict

Unread postby ranmafan » October 30th, 2009, 2:37 pm

LoSs wrote:If you started a wiki project the translation would be finished like a year ago..

I'm looking into other options, too. Maybe we can think of something with a wiki.

Here you go, for now. I've uploaded a few files (it seems it doesn't like non-ascii characters in the file name, I'll have to fix that), so there's a bit of stuff to play with. Register an account and go nuts.

http://seiba.maidlab.jp:8080/

When editing, click "copy" and try to keep the original formatting tags in. Tell me if you see any obvious garbage that shouldn't be there (like scripts).

(Just keep in mind that this is still experimental, although I'll do my best not to lose any content, even if it means editing manually)
Last edited by ranmafan on October 29th, 2011, 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
ranmafan

Unread postby ranmafan » November 1st, 2009, 8:31 am

Here's another attempt, this time with Entrans.

This one's much simpler and presentable, plus small enough that I was able to fix a few bugs myself.

http://vps.k-link.net/entrans/main.php

No registration needed for submitting translations, which is equivalent to "voting" for that particular choice of words. Once the translation is "validated", the string is counted as translated.

I've also cleaned up and improved the conversion scripts, which I'll post in a moment in a different thread... if there are no major issues, I'll try to get the other project involved (I believe they were looking for a way to collect volunteer translations, too).
ranmafan

Unread postby AddleBoy » December 6th, 2010, 3:25 pm

It looks like this project is actually making some headway! I can finally at least play some of the game now.
Then you realize... That there is no loli. And it's not the loli you're molesting, it's yourself.
AddleBoy
Crack Desu!

PreviousNext

Return to General Translation Projects