Nitro+ works information /r/

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

Nitro+ works information /r/

Unread postby serialies » March 5th, 2008, 6:53 am

apart from fate/zero, what works made by N+ are being translated/have been translated?

although im expecting a "None", im holding out on the tiny tiny strand of hope that someone is translating Hanachirasu, and maybe Sabbat Nabe.
I order the club sandwich all the time, but I'm not even a member. Man, I don't know how I get away with it.
serialies
Crack Desu!

Re: Nitro+ works information /r/

Unread postby SPerson » March 5th, 2008, 7:34 am

serialies wrote:apart from fate/zero, what works made by N+ are being translated/have been translated?

although im expecting a "None", im holding out on the tiny tiny strand of hope that someone is translating Hanachirasu, and maybe Sabbat Nabe.

沙耶の唄 was translated, but the script was... well it was peculiar to say the least, and there's another team currently working on it, I hear they made quite some progress on it (but then again, the game script is pretty small, especially when you compare it with, say, Clannad). I've heard nothing of other games being translated, which doesn't necessarily mean that there're in fact none.
SPerson
Addict

Unread postby Message » March 5th, 2008, 8:36 am

Phantom of Inferno. But if you want it, you'll have to be FAST, because Hirameki International closed office three months ago. Awesome game. Be fast.

And Saya no Uta is being worked on by bas, Teus, puKKa, DoubleYou and me. No eta at this time.

Unread postby serialies » March 5th, 2008, 9:30 am

@ SPerson: thanks for the info...but is there english or romaji ver of that game name? Xd sorry but i really cant do moonspeak...(even though im asian...*shame*)

and i had a quick look and it seems there are some new copies floating around of phantom of inferno, but its still pretty limited...but i cant afford to spend on games as uni is starting again...books alone are like half a grand
I order the club sandwich all the time, but I'm not even a member. Man, I don't know how I get away with it.
serialies
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » March 5th, 2008, 9:31 am

serialies wrote:is there english or romaji ver of that game name?

http://nihongo.j-talk.com/

Unread postby SPerson » March 5th, 2008, 2:45 pm

serialies wrote:@ SPerson: thanks for the info...but is there english or romaji ver of that game name? Xd sorry but i really cant do moonspeak...(even though im asian...*shame*)

and i had a quick look and it seems there are some new copies floating around of phantom of inferno, but its still pretty limited...but i cant afford to spend on games as uni is starting again...books alone are like half a grand

Sorry for not putting romaji or English translation, didn't realise I forgot to do it. It's actually Saya no uta (Song of Saya, though you're probably aware of that already)

even though im asian

Nothing to be ashamed of, there're many Asian languages, and just because you're Asian doesn't mean you're bound to know every single Asian language there's. Anyway let's not stray any further from the topic.

And Saya no Uta is being worked on by bas, Teus, puKKa, DoubleYou and me. No eta at this time.

How's it going? Any place to learn about the progress? I hope it turns out well, I've been dying to play this game for ages, I learnt about the game even before I started learning Japanese and I thought that I'd play it before anybody gets it translated.
SPerson
Addict

Unread postby Message » March 5th, 2008, 5:03 pm

A very rough estimate of the current state of affairs is that 20% of the script is translated. Editing will start as soon as some other projects and obstacles are out of the way. As I said, no ETA can be given at this point. It'll take a while yet.

The project website is http://saya.mirrormoon.org/ , but note that this is NOT a mirror moon project. It's just hosted on mm.org for convenience.

Unread postby SPerson » March 6th, 2008, 6:18 pm

Message wrote:A very rough estimate of the current state of affairs is that 20% of the script is translated. Editing will start as soon as some other projects and obstacles are out of the way. As I said, no ETA can be given at this point. It'll take a while yet.

The project website is http://saya.mirrormoon.org/ , but note that this is NOT a mirror moon project. It's just hosted on mm.org for convenience.

I'm glad to hear everything's going smoothly, I'm really grateful to you for picking up this project, hope you'll eventually finish it.
SPerson
Addict

Unread postby Anon of /jp/ » April 6th, 2008, 3:59 pm

They have a translator now?
Anon of /jp/
Might just like this board

Unread postby Message » April 6th, 2008, 7:14 pm

Alas, we didn't get any applications to our call for translation help. Sebasdoes had to call quits because it wasn't any fun to translate anymore (looking up every other word), but noone else has stepped up to the plate yet. If you happen to know someone with a few years of Japanese schooling behind him...

Unread postby SPerson » April 6th, 2008, 8:37 pm

Message wrote:Alas, we didn't get any applications to our call for translation help. Sebasdoes had to call quits because it wasn't any fun to translate anymore (looking up every other word), but noone else has stepped up to the plate yet. If you happen to know someone with a few years of Japanese schooling behind him...

If you're looking for someone who knows stuff like:

繋 跨 嬌 躯 縋 掴

Your best bet would be a native speaker, a few years of learning Japanese wouldn't be sufficient I think, unless it's some really dedicated and gifted student.

p.s. So I looked at the test one more time and it feels like I've been learning something else than Japanese all this time, I barely can understand what's happening.
SPerson
Addict

Return to General Translation Projects