Possible Tenerezza translation?

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

Possible Tenerezza translation?

Unread postby Guest » September 25th, 2004, 7:44 pm

i was wondering, after Tsukihime, melty blood, Farland Symphony and other major translations if there might be a possible tenerezza translation in the works? lol. I know you guys do a hell of a lot for the english speaking gaming community, so please feel free to blow over this. Its just a simple question. Anyway, thanks alot guys and keep on doin' what youre doin' ^_-

Unread postby Soulfang » September 25th, 2004, 7:53 pm

At this point, no one really knows... we're trying our hardest to work on the projects we already have going and to get those done, but Tenerezza could be a possible future project.

Thanks for the encouragement!
Soulfang
Is this loli?

Unread postby Icemasta » April 12th, 2005, 9:40 pm

Yeah, i exactly came here about that. I wanted to start a Tenerezza translation (completed the translation guide so thought about translating the game as well :P) but i dont know what program to use or how to do it (new to this) so i need some suggestion
Thanks
Icemasta

Unread postby TheXev » April 14th, 2005, 8:51 am

If I had access to the game, I?d look into it and explore its hackability, but right now that?s out of the question. :(
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Icemasta » April 14th, 2005, 8:59 pm

The game uses .pak files (.pak for BMP, .pak for script, .pak for voice etc etc)

Here is the file list:
aplogo01.mv
aplogo02.mv
BGMFILE.pak
ENEMYINF.pak
EVENTCG.pak
GPARTS.pak
install(setup information)
MAGIC.pak
OBJECTX.pak
OBJTEX.pak
pieceif.dll
savefile01.dat
SCRIPT.pak
SHADER.pak
SOUNDDS.pak
tenerezza.mv
Tenerezza.exe
Tenerezza(configuration seting)
Teneuninst.exe
TEXTURE.pak
VOICE.pak

hope this helps :P
Icemasta

Unread postby TheXev » April 17th, 2005, 9:59 am

The extension of PAK doesn?t really tell us anything. That file extension is used on everything from Quake3 (where it is simply a relabeled zip) along with many other games in other proprietary formats. The first thing to try though is the common usage, with is a relabeled zip, so slap a .zip on it and see if WinZip or WinRar will open the file.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Guest » April 18th, 2005, 10:26 pm

tried .zip with winzip, winrar and windows decompress program thing... Failed
tried .rar with winrar.... failed

Unread postby TheXev » April 19th, 2005, 2:38 am

It?s more then likely a proprietary format then. That?s when things become difficult.
TheXev
The only Karon Fanboy

Unread postby Daichi » June 18th, 2005, 5:03 am

Well, I don't have the PC version installed and too lazy to find the disk. I do have the xbox version with me. The file list is almost identical to the one posted above.

And if it's anything like the PC version There is definitely speaking script inside the Script.pak. Unfortunately there is lots of compression, but there is some legible text.

TeneScript01.png

I still don't think I have the skills to figure out compression myself. But yeah, certainly a possibility for the future. Just don't get any hopes up.

-Daichi :roll:

(Yeah, I'm a bit late on reply, I've been busy.) ^^;
Daichi
Mazin Go!

Return to General Translation Projects