Saya no Uta

Post about your projects or talk about mirror moon projects that haven't been announced yet... or something.

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby teiglin » January 7th, 2009, 12:00 pm

wow, just wow. Thanks to those who gave guro warnings--it wasn't unbearable (and blissfully separated from the h scenes) but it definitely turned my stomach at points. Guro aside, the story was amazing, and my mind has officially shattered into tiny pieces, having played through the whole game in the last four hours or so. Super-props to the translation team over at tsukuru wiki, I'm very glad to have finally played through this game. Maybe some day I'll actually learn moon runes and play more. -_-;

One interesting thought is that I actually considered the turn-everyone-into-weird-monster-thing ending to be the happiest. It's pretty freaking weird, but I assume that monster people can be happy too, and you're not left with the misery that the other two scenarios have. In one, you have permanently institutionalized Fuminori, unfulfilled Saya, and Yoh/Kouji who've lost their two best friends. In the other, you're left with a pretty seriously effing insane Kouji, a thin sheet of glass away from suicide--the doc hadn't even lived like that for a year and had her drive to discover Saya's secret to keep her going, while Kouji is 20ish with his whole life to live on the verge of total mental collapse. At least when Saya gives "birth" or whatever, Kouji is already dead, Ryouko seems willing to accept her impending transformation, and Fuminori gets to witness the fruit of his and Saya's (admittedly twisted) love. Not that it's a traditional "good" end by a longshot, but it feels the most complete to me.
teiglin
Might just like this board

Unread postby Mkilbride » January 12th, 2009, 8:06 pm

Is their supposed to be Japanese text & Englis htext? Is it just because it's a Release Canidate? I see alot of Japanese text still..
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Duvet » January 12th, 2009, 9:25 pm

Mkilbride wrote:Is their supposed to be Japanese text & Englis htext? Is it just because it's a Release Canidate? I see alot of Japanese text still..

I haven't really played it through yet, kinda preoccupied with things, but I think it's just in the beginning or something incomprehensible for the main character since all his senses are distorted. Don't exactly know what the original one looked like either.
Duvet

Unread postby AddleBoy » January 12th, 2009, 9:54 pm

Mkilbride wrote:Is their supposed to be Japanese text & Englis htext? Is it just because it's a Release Canidate? I see alot of Japanese text still..

If you mean at the beginning of the game, I assume that it was left that way, because the dialogue at that point was supposed to show that the monsters didn't have human voices. The Japanese text is jumbled with random numbers and English letters in the non patched version, too. After playing the beginning of the game, I didn't see any other Japanese characters in the text. If that's your case, I can only assume that it's a problem with the patch.

I may be wrong, though <_<
Then you realize... That there is no loli. And it's not the loli you're molesting, it's yourself.
AddleBoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mkilbride » January 12th, 2009, 10:29 pm

I thought it was something along these lines, the more i played, that is. Pretty fucked up stuff, though.

Ugh...

I just finished this game within like...an hour and a half? MAYBE two? That's SO short. I only got one ending, but even a different choice would probably not end up that different...

Overall, I felt like it was JUST getting interesting - and then it ended. Perhaps the last two endings will explain it all. I had heard it was 4 hours...but maybe that's for slow readers.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby teiglin » January 13th, 2009, 6:01 am

There are three endings.
If you chose to have Saya remove your disorder, you ended the game about halfway through. The other two endings are about the same length, and share maybe 60% of text after the first choice.
teiglin

Unread postby AddleBoy » January 13th, 2009, 6:05 am

Mkilbride wrote:I just finished this game within like...an hour and a half? MAYBE two? That's SO short. I only got one ending, but even a different choice would probably not end up that different...

At the first choice did you choose to have Saya return Sakisaka to normal or to keep his messed up perception? I definitely have been playing the game more than an hour and a half, and I haven't gotten what I think may be the "true" ending, yet.
Then you realize... That there is no loli. And it's not the loli you're molesting, it's yourself.
AddleBoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mkilbride » January 13th, 2009, 8:07 pm

Everything you guys asked I answered in the first post...

"Other two endings"

By process of deduction, you'd have to assume that means I've got one already. Hence, all three endings.

Also the fact it ended so abruptly would assume it was the first choice, of removing the disorder. Yes, I did save, and I'm doing another route right now. It's longer, for sure, but still, 3 hours is very short for a VN.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby teiglin » January 14th, 2009, 1:39 am

I was confused by the fact that you said a different choice probably would not have ended up that differently, as the latter two endings are much more similar than the first one, which is obviously different. Claiming you've finished Saya no Uta after that first ending is like claiming you finished F/SN after getting a bad end on day 7.

That said, yeah it's a short game. I think I finished it in about four hours.
teiglin

Unread postby Mkilbride » January 15th, 2009, 6:08 am

You know what's odd? ...

I usually love endings where evil prevails or whatnot...whatever it is, you wanna say. For some reason, this one left me feeling hollow. Like it still had so much more to tell. I wanted to at least see the world once more through Fum's eyes and see how the terra-forming affected it. Just so much that is like "GAAH!, I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT SAYA, ABOUT HER PEOPLE, all that junk."
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Bossof69 » January 15th, 2009, 11:59 pm

well, i like that ending. Besides, wouldnt he have just gone back to a seminormal life, since everything is "looks" normal to him now?
Bossof69
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Xamdou » January 16th, 2009, 2:06 pm

After playing this game
i had dream of myself eating human flesh and slimy monsters
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » January 16th, 2009, 2:53 pm

is there already an english patch ?

or is it still frozen?
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby AddleBoy » January 16th, 2009, 3:39 pm

zweiterversuch wrote:is there already an english patch ?

or is it still frozen?

Yeah, the translation patch has been released.
AddleBoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » January 17th, 2009, 9:54 am

AddleBoy wrote:
zweiterversuch wrote:is there already an english patch ?

or is it still frozen?

Yeah, the translation patch has been released.

* jumps out of the window *

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS
ssssssssss
sssss.........

*Splat!!!*
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby Gothicvision » January 17th, 2009, 4:07 pm

finished the game today aswell, quite short i must say..

they could have developed the story a bit more... just when you're starting to understand the characters the game pretty much goes towards a conclusion, without giving any chance for a deeper development, even so, they could have added a happy ending for Fuminori and Saya, i kinda felt for them really.. i kinda enjoyed their personalities, but unfortunately, it ended too fast.

and that cynical and sinister Doctor Ryouko.. is she a distant cousin of Tohsaka Rin or what :lol:
Gothicvision
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Undream » January 18th, 2009, 10:09 pm

moral of the story: Beauty is truly in the eyes of the beholder 0.0
quite good story, though im still waiting for the h-scene with the mad doctor... T.T
"...One must wait continuously, one must pursue endlessly.
They must realize that it was impossible to succeed yet
at the same time be capable of enduring patiently.
Is that... the story of a dream that shouldn't be waited upon?..."
Last Episode
Undream
Crack Addic!

Unread postby solopy567 » January 19th, 2009, 12:34 am

For some reason when I try to play the game, the script looks all weirded out. I tried doing what they said on the website, but I cant even run the game through applocale!

What do i do?

This is the problem that shows up when I try to play the game on Applocale or Japanese Locale

solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Ciel » January 24th, 2009, 12:49 pm

maybe try renaming your game folder to something english. moon runes in folder/file names often screw everything up on non-native japanese systems.

also you sure you have the english patch installed? i don't see the cg folder, which comes with the patch.

Mkilbride wrote:You know what's odd? ...

I usually love endings where evil prevails or whatnot...whatever it is, you wanna say. For some reason, this one left me feeling hollow. Like it still had so much more to tell. I wanted to at least see the world once more through Fum's eyes and see how the terra-forming affected it. Just so much that is like "GAAH!, I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT SAYA, ABOUT HER PEOPLE, all that junk."

well, it's possible.
they might have been planning more. i unpacked the graphic files and found some unused cg that suggest something like that happened.

basically showing saya on a more less normal looking background without any flesh, just some vague fleshy shapes but otherwise normal, though all red.

Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Xamdou » January 24th, 2009, 2:55 pm

i wonder what does Saya's father looks like.....Is he an elder Cthulhu?
"You sit proudly in this cave , like a Queen of Egypt.
In my service to you , I shall never know rest.
To prove my devotion , I have stolen this ostentatious offering.
But I'll show you things your dark blue eye haven't seen , smiles like a lake in the sun , blossoming like a lotus."
Xamdou
DESU DESU!

PreviousNext

Return to General Translation Projects