Can't install the english patch.

Kemonomimi Discussion

Moderator: Staffers

Can't install the english patch.

Unread postby bobby G » March 31st, 2011, 12:08 am

First I tried to install the Japanese version of the game straight from the disk, and then tried to extract the files. Didn't work. Some other thread says I don't need to do that and that the English installer will do everything for you.

So then I uninstalled the Japanese version and then put the CD back in again and cancelled the autorun that comes with the disk. I tried to install it using the English installer, didn't change the directory and I pointed the installer to the G:Drive which is my DVD place thing whatever you all it.

File extraction failed. Please restart the installation.

I restarted multiple times and it didn't work. So then I changed my regional settings or whatever you call it from Japanese to English (United States) again because I thought maybe, since the English installer can't handle Japanese characters, the yen symbol which replaces / must have been preventing it from working properly.

Still didn't work.

Now I don't know what to do. Also, I have no idea where to put the voice files. It doesn't come with an installer like the English patch.
bobby G
Totally hardly posted

Re: Can't install the english patch.

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » March 31st, 2011, 1:18 am

Well the English Patch only works with the DVD version for this game. If it's the CD version then you're out of luck with that. In any case it should work when you have the disk in the drive and just start with the english patch installer and let it run.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby bobby G » March 31st, 2011, 3:00 am

I have the DVD version.
bobby G
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » March 31st, 2011, 5:56 am

Hmm... There's only once place where it could throw that error, and it's rather unlikely that anything would go wrong in that particular section. Let's see if we can find the problem. First, some more information please:

- What is your exact Windows version?
- What userlevel are you? (Administrator user, normal user, with or without UAC?)
- Please paste the contents of intall.log (should be in the same dir as the installer, when installation fails)

Unless the last entry in that file is "Extract ..a", I can't think of anything specific that might cause this problem, to be honest. Here's a random idea: Try installing with your virusscanner disabled, see if that changes anything.

Unread postby bobby G » April 1st, 2011, 2:19 am

Windows XP Home Edition (do I need to be more specific?)

Administrator, don't know what UAC is.

Create uninstaller
Install font
Extract external modules
Extract ..a
Extract omake.a
Extract exDll.dll
Extract root.dll
Extract utaware-dvd.exe
Extract exDll.old
Extract root.old
Extract utaware-dvd.old
Extract Readme.txt
Extract Liner Notes.txt
Extract bgm.a
bobby G
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » April 1st, 2011, 6:22 pm

Oh, so it breaks at DVD file extraction. Hmm ok that's something different. Can you please check whether you have a file called 'disc1Data.LAC' on your DVD? If not, please do the following:

start, run
cmd
c:
cd \
dir e:\ /s > dir.txt
[...where e:\ is the DVD-ROM drive with your Uta DVD]

Please send me that c:\dir.txt file it created. You may send it by email, or use for example pastebin.com.

Unread postby bobby G » April 7th, 2011, 5:26 pm

Nevermind, turning off the virus protection worked.
bobby G
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Message » April 7th, 2011, 7:56 pm

Please check your virus scanner logs, and search for an entry with 'arctool.exe'. It could very well be that your virusscanner is incorrectly recognizing it as a virus. If you can give me some details, I may be able to report the false positive to your antivirus's tech support.

Return to Utawarerumono Chat