Utawarerumono 2 in development

Kemonomimi Discussion

Moderator: Staffers

Utawarerumono 2 in development

Unread postby sushimonster » January 28th, 2011, 6:41 am

Thought this might be relevent considering mirror moon helped with the Utwarerumono translation.
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201101/27039714.html

Leaf's homepage is advertising this development as well:
http://aquaplus.jp/0127/

It seems that Leaf's working on a Utawarerumono 2. And while at it, a few others as well too (notably Tears to Tiara 2).

Considering how much of an enchancement TtT was over Uta in regards to gameplay (and that was around 5 years ago now), and looking at the PS3 version of TtT today, you wonder what the RPG system will be like in this sequel. That plus, what the new storyline will be. If memory serves correct TtT was just filled with meaningless eroge, and Uta too was rather 'forced' in that respect (though nothing pawns TtT yet in my books). If anything White Album 2 SEEMS to have resolved that issue, but then it's not technically based within a fantasy setting so...

All that aside, the teaser image seems to show a grown-up Aruru?
Image editor for the Fate/hollow ataraxia English Translation Project (mirrormoon is NOT translating)

DJMax Korea Veteran Elite Member (Top 350)
sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Re: Utawarerumono 2 in development

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » January 28th, 2011, 7:32 pm

Well that's Leaf for ya'. They make a good game, but find a way to make it a linear harem storyline. Hearing this kind of makes me wonder if they are just going to have a decient gameplay this time, or will it be like the first Utaware game?

On a side not the Tears to Tiara series was pretty good and even the eroge in there got funny later on as the story progressed of course. Although to make a sequal to that it's hard to understand, if you ask me.

Out of the two that they are making sequals to I'll still be looking forward to the TtT one since that had massive side quests and felt like an actual RPG where you can go pretty much anywere that you've already been to at certain points.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby solopy567 » January 29th, 2011, 11:18 am

Wait...Didn't Leaf go out of business? O_o
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
All there is left is a dead apostle who has inherited the name of TATARI.
Now.....Let's begin the Bloody Second Act." - Sion TATARI
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby sushimonster » January 29th, 2011, 12:06 pm

solopy567 wrote:Wait...Didn't Leaf go out of business? O_o

Granted Leaf's been rather quiet in regards to the eroge scene. But they've been busy with ToHeart across on the Playstation platform. That plus, I understand they've been focused on White Album 2: Closing Chapter (it missed the 2010 Christmas deadline).

Not too sure about their financial status, but yes, for now they're alive and kicking.
Image editor for the Fate/hollow ataraxia English Translation Project (mirrormoon is NOT translating)

sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Cetan » October 7th, 2012, 12:35 pm

Been almost two years since it was announced, and I can't find a lick of information regarding Utawarerumono 2. :(
Cetan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby sushimonster » October 9th, 2012, 12:06 pm

Cetan wrote:Been almost two years since it was announced, and I can't find a lick of information regarding Utawarerumono 2. :(

Been a while since I last logged in...
I've been keeping (relatively) up-to-date with Leaf's White Album franchise. They actually seem to be rather immersed in that (and porting that over to the Playstation) more than anything these days. That plus their Aquapazza arcade (think Melty Blood but for Leaf-originated characters) and them milking the ToHeart franchise silly (F/sn anyone...?).

But yeah. The fact that Utawarerumono 2 (or TtT2) don't even have a dedicated homepage makes me think they've stalled on those projects. Heck, they announced those projects well over a year and a half ago...

sushimonster
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » October 9th, 2012, 6:12 pm

My guess it probablly was all for hte hype. i mean they rpobablly want to see if anyone was or is still interested in those two series to actually want to play either one at all it would seem.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Return to Utawarerumono Chat