Utawarerumono OVA

Kemonomimi Discussion

Moderator: Staffers

Utawarerumono OVA

Unread postby Phlebas » June 26th, 2009, 11:27 am

Just a heads-up if someone's missed it, Uta OVA has started and first ep is out, http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?sh ... e&aid=6285
It was pretty good imo, good technical quality and fairly consistent style with original series (the massive fanservice dose aka 3 min bath scene at the start of the episode is sure to divide opinions), looking forward to seeing what the others episodes are about. Guess it's possible they're all just expanded versions of the DVD extras, but will see (first one features some Uruto breastfeeding).
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
[T.S.Eliot: The Waste Land - IV. Death by Water]
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Re: Utawarerumono OVA

Unread postby zweiterversuch » June 30th, 2009, 7:43 pm

Phlebas wrote:Just a heads-up if someone's missed it, Uta OVA has started and first ep is out, http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?sh ... e&aid=6285
It was pretty good imo, good technical quality and fairly consistent style with original series (the massive fanservice dose aka 3 min bath scene at the start of the episode is sure to divide opinions), looking forward to seeing what the others episodes are about. Guess it's possible they're all just expanded versions of the DVD extras, but will see (first one features some Uruto breastfeeding).

Wahhh...
they do look different from the Anime though (specially Eruru)
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby X-Calibar » July 2nd, 2009, 9:39 pm

Mmmmm
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby solopy567 » July 3rd, 2009, 9:34 am

Hmm....at what point in the anime would this OVA connect? At the very end or right before the final battle?
"Sion Eltnam is no more.
All there is left is a dead apostle who has inherited the name of TATARI.
Now.....Let's begin the Bloody Second Act." - Sion TATARI
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Mazyrian » July 3rd, 2009, 10:17 pm

In the game it doesn't happen all at once, and it finishes before the war with Kunnekamun, I think

Also, does anybody know what will the other 2 OVAs be about? I thought the three would be about hte abby (though looking back that seems a litte silly, it was barely enough for one), but there isn't much else to adapt. Maybe one could be about the PS2 specific scenario, but then there's nothing else I remember that hasn't already been adapted.
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » July 25th, 2009, 12:07 am

What was upsetting was they had to pick the wost part of the Visual Novel and try and fix it. Unfortunatelly I think most people that saw that OVA siad it backfired. Now if only they decided to do the storyline after that as say it never happened then I think it would of worked just fine. Beisdes they really need to finish series to the very end if they want this series to be redeemed.

The same can go for Tears to Tiara. These series could to do well if they go from the beginning to end for these kinds of linear games if you ask me. I mean it has potential of being a rather good story if they don't stop halfway.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Return to Utawarerumono Chat