Any plans for a patch for the PSP version?

Kemonomimi Discussion

Moderator: Staffers

Any plans for a patch for the PSP version?

Unread postby DarkFusion » May 26th, 2009, 6:39 am

I'm just asking out of simple curiosity since I have noticed that there are a couple of PSP translation patches, meaning it is possible to do. Of course, I've noticed there's a new character not in the original game, and I assume there's other new content as well so it probably wouldn't be as simple as applying the text from the original translation patch to the PSP version. Anyway, (even though I'm pretty sure what the answer will be) are there any plans?

On a side note, can anyone tell me about this new character?
DarkFusion
Totally hardly posted

Re: Any plans for a patch for the PSP version?

Unread postby Mugi » February 24th, 2014, 4:29 pm

some while ago i had a discussion about this with Archdemon and i acquired myself a copy of the script translated for the pc version of the game.
been working it in my dark lair ever since.

it's somewhat working at the moment, all our technical difficulties have been beaten, graphics are 95% done, hacking is 99% done and the new content of the script is currently undergoing a translation.
sooner or later the patch will be ready. Wait for it.

while this isnt really any form of collaboration project and doesnt have much to do with mirror moon as is, the fact is that it would propably not have gotten started at all if i hadnt gotten the translated script.

here's a pic or 2.

Image Image

Image Image
Mugi
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » March 1st, 2014, 5:17 am

So I'm guessing the scripting is similar to the Pc version minus "certain" scenes I take it.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Mugi » March 2nd, 2014, 6:13 pm

the script format is similar but not identical.
There's also the fact that a lot of scenes have been edited compared to the PC version.

What comes to "certain" scenes, they have been pretty much completely cut off, but i intend to fix that.

All in all, the script is really the smallest of issues with this thing as of current.
What seemed to be relatively simple to hack excalated quickly enough and we've been forced to redesign our tools quite a few times now.
Mugi
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby abscess » March 4th, 2014, 7:15 am

Man, it's been AGES since I played Utawarerumono. Other than a few added characters, are there any sort of change to the gameplay or something to make it worth to play over the PC version? Also, you say that the script isn't really an issue, but I'm still curious, what are you going to do with the added text? I assume you've got a translator or two at hand?
Best of luck with your project, guy.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby Mugi » March 4th, 2014, 4:57 pm

we are 3 people, which includes a translator, so yes, that part is under control.
the new content will be translated properly, and the whole script will be read through to fix any possible typos, consistency errors and whatnots.
we're paying great attention on the overall quality checking.

as for gameplay changes, the battlesystem is the same as it is on the ps2 version, so yes, it is greatly enhanced compared to the pc version, there is an item/equipment system, a passive skill system and new type of combo attacks, overall rebalance (oboro doesnt get 9999999 stats @ 40 BP / per stat anymore.) Eruruw has been made a full support mage which includes range heal, massheal, and stats buffs/debuffs.

the battles are generally easier i think, but it's been balanced so that you cant play without thinking as enemies are able to oneshot you if you're careless.

also, something i loved over any other upgrade was the fact that they MADE IT POSSIBLE TO LEVEL !
at certain points where you can select a scene to play (go to Touka's room etc) an area called "training" appears, which you can repeat over and over again to play random fights unrelated to story.

personally i think the game is overall a HUGE improvement to the original version.
Mugi
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby abscess » March 5th, 2014, 1:31 am

we're paying great attention on the overall quality checking.

Nice. QCing can be a bitch and a half, but it's good that you're thinking seriously about it instead of half-assing it.

personally i think the game is overall a HUGE improvement to the original version.

NIIIIIICE! Now I AM interested in your project. I'll be patiently waiting for any sort of news. Do you have a blog where people can stalk you or something or is it just this one thread?
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess

Unread postby Mugi » March 5th, 2014, 9:54 am

the current project log is at my site
but we havent really decided a name for the group yet, so that'll propably change once we set up a proper site.

I started making this patch primarily for myself, so i'll try and make it good enough that it pleases the perfectionist inside me :P
Mugi
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Mugi » January 23rd, 2015, 1:20 pm

My apologies for the double post, but it's been a year now since this project was started now, so I figured i'll drop an update here too, seeing this is the place that originally make the entire thing possible.

a lot has happened regarding the project since then, and it is my great pleasure to let you guys know that the hacking part of this game is completely done now, which includes more than 10000 hacks implemented into the game.
the project itself grew out to be quite a bit more work than it was supposed to, but at the end of the day, we managed to deal with it.

the hacking being done, means that there's nothing more to do aside translate the main story text. the graphics are ready, the battle engine is ready, all menus and everything else aside the main story text is now translated.

we did end up forming a group afterall, and the project was moved to it's new home shortly after we started, and can be followed in here

here's a picture or 2 showing what there is to be expected.

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image
Mugi
Totally hardly posted

Return to Utawarerumono Chat