So, some questions. (spoilers)

Kemonomimi Discussion

Moderator: Staffers

So, some questions. (spoilers)

Unread postby Atriel » May 25th, 2009, 4:58 am

I finished this today, didn't really expect all that much at first but thankfully that was just prejudice. It was epic, it was continuously moving, new things happening, etc. In my mind it has a 6 (which is good, coming from me). Such a shame the h-scenes were either crappy or laughable.

It was a bit hilarious that I was lazy and didn't check the tutorial. Until the last 2 or 3 battles I didn't know about combos and techniches.

Now then, comments, questions and/or complaints:

1.- Do I get extra plot for going at the game a second time? If some of my questions are answered via a second walkthrough, then there's no need to answer them. You'll notice some of this aren't serious, no need to answer those :P

2.- What the hell's up with Kamyu? Was she supposed to be some kind of vampire? If so, why wasn't it permanent? Did it have anything to do with Mutsumi? What's with the blowjobs? I mean, that ain't blood. And did she eventually got too horny and just had to bang Hakuoro or what?

3.- How come every single character didn't give a shit about having sex with him? It's as if it never happened. Maybe it is some kind of tradition I don't know of O.o? Maybe shame or embarrasment do not exist. Edited: Some confussion here, I mean they didn't give a shit AFTER it happened.

4.- Mechs? Why? It had all been awesome until then.

5.- I love Karura

6.- Kuuya goes retard. Was it that necessary?

7.- Thankfully, there was no Aruruw h-scene. I was scared shitless of finding it. Well, not scared shitless but you understand what I mean.

8.- After the credits: So, Hakuoro comes back? Is the world screwed again?

9.- I love Karura.

10.- Why do all the villains laugh like retards?

11.- So. Eruruw and Aruruw were Hakuoro's grandaughters/grandgrandaughters/grandgrandgrand........./grandx10^90daughters? On this same note, if that (Mikoto) was the beginning of that species, wouldn't everyone else also be Hakuoro's descendant? A bit disturbing. Edited: Yep, stupid me.

12.- Yuzuha had Hakuoro's son, yes? I know, it's obvious but to make sure.

13.- I also liked Touka, but not as much as Karura. Did I say that I love Karura?

14.- Humanity went through advances. > Fucked itself over. > Went underground. > Investigated Hakuoro to be able to go back to the surfaced. > Got pwnd. > Is that right? If not, what were they doing underground and/or how did they end up there? Also, the story seems to say that it's a cycle and the current species will eventually destroy itself. I got that right, or nay?

15.- How did Mutsumi obtain a body?

16.- Why the memory lose? (Hakuoro's) Why was he all wounded at the beginning? The battle with Diy didn't seem all that deadly.

I think i had more. Maybe I'll remember them later.
Last edited by Atriel on May 26th, 2009, 6:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
If you disagree, you are wrong.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Re: So, some questions. (spoilers)

Unread postby abscess » May 25th, 2009, 5:55 am

Atriel wrote:I didn't know about combos and techniches.

Hahahaha! I didn't know about combos until like half the game was done! So yeah.

I'll answer as best as I can want. My memory is fuzzy and the game is uninstalled, so I won't even bother to look for info on it to refresh my memory. So, here goes nothing:

Atriel wrote:2.- What the hell's up with Kamyu? Was she supposed to be some kind of vampire? If so, why wasn't it permanent? Did it have anything to do with Mutsumi? What's with the blowjobs? I mean, that ain't blood. And did she eventually got too horny and just had to bang Hakuoro or what?

IIRC, it had to do with Mutsumi. I never understood the vampire part, I think some cheap fetish crap the devs wanted to tack on the game. The same goes with the blowjobs and sex and anything else. I think it wasn't permament just because Mutsumi chose that she was going to disappear so as to give her (Kamyu) body back.

Atriel wrote:3.- How come every single character didn't give a shit about having sex with him? It's as if it never happened. Maybe it is some kind of tradition I don't know of O.o? Maybe shame or embarrasment do not exist.

I think that Eruruw was pissed? Urto-something was like "OMG I'M SO SAD FUCK ME" and Hakuoro was like "Wh-what stop wai-!!:shock: Oh my, I think we already started, didn't we? okay, let's keep going :) " so she probably wasn't that into Hakuoro to be labeled as being in love. Kamyu was.... just crap, but lulzy, I can't remember if she was aware that she had sex with Hakuoro, either way she seemd more like an infatuation than love that she had for him. Karura was weird, something along the lines of "I'm your sex-slave, so yeah... I'll rape you now" and Hakuoro pretty much was like this: ".... how come I already have my dick inside of you? Oh well, let's keep going :) ". I can't even remember Touka all that much, nor Eruruw, just that there was this scene where Hakuoro was damn drunk to the point of going "ME SO HORNEE! ME WANTS SOME LOLI-LIKE THINGY! ARR ME SEES SOME BOOTY! Oh, sorry Eruruw for almost raping you, see you tomorrow" "Wh-what...? But I was actually expecting to---" " I said 'see you tomorrow', dammit!".
So yeah, they pretty much suck.

Atriel wrote:4.- Mechs? Why? It had all been awesome until then.

I agree that at first I was like "wait, what? oh hells no!" but it does give a insight of them being originally used as some sort of "suits" for people to wander on the surface.

Atriel wrote:5.- I love Karura

Yeah. She can never get enough love. If you don't give in, she'll rape you 'till you die.

Atriel wrote:6.- Kuuya goes retard. Was it that necessary?

I have to agree. I get the escapism she would want to go to, but being (apparently) perpetually retarded? that was... just depressing, and not in the touching way; just cheaply depressing, which is angering.

Atriel wrote:8.- After the credits: So, Hakuoro comes back? Is the world screwed again?

IIRC, everyone goes like "I feel the guy is coming!", so I think it's pretty safe to say yes, he comes back. I don't know if the world will be screwed again or not. Probably came back just as a normal human being. Had a theory about it but I forgot about it completely.

Atriel wrote:9.- I love Karura.

She might rape you just because, anyway.

Atriel wrote:10.- Why do all the villains laugh like retards?

I have a theory that being evil makes you have a perpetual orgasm. You know what sexologist say, some people suffer from complete or partial loss of consciousness during orgasm, it's named something like "little death".

Atriel wrote:11.- So. Eruruw and Aruruw were Hakuoro's grandaughters/grandgrandaughters/grandgrandgrand........./grandx10^90daughters? On this same note, if that (Mikoto) was the beginning of that raze, wouldn't everyone else also be Hakuoro's descendant? A bit disturbing.

My take on things is a yes. So he is banging his great^e^e^10 granddaughters. Kinky stuff for some, sickening for others. Either way, I go back to a previous post I made a long time ago in another thread:
There is actually a very strong and consistent theory that we are all cousins in some way because of a genetic bottleneck that ocurred because of the Toba supervolcano in Indonesia erupted around 70,000 years ago, so yeah. If you are fuckin' your girlfriend, you are fuicking a very very very (well not that many "very"s :P) distant cousin! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hello, cousin! How ya doin'! Ahahaha!

It happened IRL already.

Atriel wrote:12.- Yuzuha had Hakuoro's son, yes? I know, it's obvious but to make sure.

I'd say yes too.

Atriel wrote:13.- I also liked Touka, but not as much as Karura. Did I say that I love Karura?

Yes, you already did. Express your love here: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1273&start=80
Still, she'll rape you if she wants to.

Atriel wrote:14.- Humanity went through advances. > Fucked itself over. > Went underground. > Investigated Hakuoro to be able to go back to the surfaced. > Got pwnd. > Is that right? If not, what were they doing underground and/or how did they end up there? Also, the story seems to say that it's a cycle and the current species will eventually destroy itself. I got that right, or nay?

IIRC that's what happened. Also, fix'd (me thinks).
About the cycle, I don't think it's a forced cycle as you seem to make it out to be, it's just one of the most likely paths humanity may tread.

Atriel wrote:16.- Why the memory lose? (Hakuoro's) Why was he all wounded at the beginning? The battle with Diy didn't seem all that deadly.

I can't remember anything about the wounds, but I think that the memory-loss is feasible. It's like someone waking up from an incredibly traumatic experience, they sometimes suffer complete amnesia to cope with their lives as a defense mechanism.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Sepheriel » May 25th, 2009, 6:12 am

*Cracks knuckles* Ok here we go. Keep in mind it has been a few months since I played the game.

1- I don't believe you get a second plot going through. The Visual Novel Database says it has only one ending.
2- Yes, Kamyu's "vampirism" is associated with Mutsumi. It wasn't permanent because Kamyu had her own personality and it would keep coming out, Kamyu is the original body but Mutsumi was inside her. I think the whole thing with Kamyu getting friendly with Hakuoro is attributed to her own feelings for him and Mutsumi desire to get close to the "iceman"; the only one who cared for her.
3- I think everyone had sex with him because most did not they had or hadn't had sex with him though I could be wrong. I think it was just Hakuoro taking the extra step in caring for the women around him. It's not like the sex had no reason whatsoever. It could also be a tradition, as I thought it was. I mean he is emperor. Someone else may know more about this.
4- The mechs were "old" technology from the humans and they were given to the people by Hakuoro's other half. I thought the mechs added a new level of mystery to the story.
5- She's cool though I find other characters more likable.
6- Yes it is necessary. Everything that brought her pain was erased from her mind causing her to revert to a childlike state. In my opinion, she will regain the same intelligence she once had so it is not all bad.
7- Seriously! I thought there was going to be one but I'm so glad there wasn't. There is a CG where she is naked (I think) if you beat the game on the hardest difficulty or something like that.
8- Yes Hakuoro comes back. There is too much evidence to suggest otherwise.
9- We know :P
10- I think the villians, especially Hauenka, laugh pretty well, cause he is insane.
11- It is such a distant relationship that it doesn't even matter.
12- Yes they had a son. It is in Oboro's care.
13- Yeah I liked Touka too, more than Karura.
14- I think the world will be "peaceful" in the state that it is in after Hakuoro comes back. Everything that made it full of war was wiped out. Yes there will probably be conflicts but not as it was.
15- Mutusmi takes over Kamyu's body. Somehow she can also change the physical appearance of the body she is in.
16- Memory loss and the wounding would be from the fight with Diy, even if it didn't seem that way to you.

Remember that it has been a few months so I might have messed up a few things.
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Atriel » May 25th, 2009, 6:48 am

abscess wrote:Yeah. She can never get enough love. If you don't give in, she'll rape you 'till you die.

She might rape you just because, anyway.

Yes, you already did. Express your love here: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1273&start=80
Still, she'll rape you if she wants to.

I guess I wouldn't mind. Or even then, the only option left would be to enjoy.
I just voted for her D:

Thanks for the correction, dumb me. (Species)

Also, I wasn't clear it seems... in question 3; taken from my edit:
Edited: Some confussion here, I mean they didn't give a shit AFTER it happened.
Because it really seemed like it never happened.

Sepheriel wrote:13- Yeah I liked Touka too, more than Karura..

She was just hilarious. You know, parts like "She called me onee-chan! *drools*" "He remembered me! *drools*" to mention a few.

Sepheriel wrote:15- Mutusmi takes over Kamyu's body. Somehow she can also change the physical appearance of the body she is in.
16- Memory loss and the wounding would be from the fight with Diy, even if it didn't seem that way to you.

Oh well.

Thanks for your answers guys.

Ed: Also, differences on the hard modes? There were 3, iirc.
If you disagree, you are wrong.
Atriel
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Mazyrian » May 25th, 2009, 9:22 pm

After you finish, there's an omake, and in it you can unlock 2 more difficulty levels.
They basically make the battles, well, harder. More notably, on hard 1 upwards, if you finish the game you can save the data and you get some titles if you got some benchmarks (like having some character with max strenght); saving the data (or maybe just finishing hard, though it seems not in hard 1, maybe only in hard 5) unlocks the penultimate CG, and getting all the titles the last one; both are Aruruw fanservice (to compensate for the lack of H scenes, maybe).
Here is the info in how to get the titles.
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby X-Calibar » May 26th, 2009, 5:19 am

I'm not sure if you want to read all of this... but :P I enjoyed remembering the story

2.- What the hell's up with Kamyu? Was she supposed to be some kind of vampire? If so, why wasn't it permanent? Did it have anything to do with Mutsumi? What's with the blowjobs? I mean, that ain't blood. And did she eventually got too horny and just had to bang Hakuoro or what?

I think I recall Kamyu carried the buried consciousness' of her ancestors, or others that Mutsumi the original had reincarnated or possessed or something. The winged ones, when they die they became those horrid immortal blobs ... right? Or were the blobs just the original humans? Can't remember.
Well, Mutsumi was an imperfect copy or experiment of the original Iceman. I can't recall the details, but I think Mutsumi's base desire might be to become one with the original perfect one (Iceman) from which she was created from (not meaning sex, but to return to the original).
So um... as for her vampirism-like attributes. Well, first question I pose, do other winged females experience a similar transformation/lust? And/or is it only directed at Hakuoro's blood?
If not that, then well Kamyu being unique, her voices within [the previous lives] could be slowly drowning out Kamyu's own voice, starting at the more base level.
I haven't played it but once... a year ago... been too long to answer more accurately ;(

3.- How come every single character didn't give a shit about having sex with him? It's as if it never happened. Maybe it is some kind of tradition I don't know of O.o? Maybe shame or embarrasment do not exist. Edited: Some confussion here, I mean they didn't give a shit AFTER it happened.

I would like to know how Utawarerumono was developed. Was it ever originally intended to have branching paths, or was it intended as one long path from the beginning... If the H-scenes were given low priority after discovering they had a great story..?

*cough* well dealing with what has been written, why don't they give a crap after having sex?
Well there's the running joke that Hakuoro is definitely a lady's emperor... or something like that so says Kuuya. Multiple wives etc...

Well, my guess the reason for being oblivious is that it just didn't make it in the story. Adding the drama of she slept with him, I caught her with him! Eruruw, "... Hakuoro... ?!" All of the more interesting interactions I imagine just couldn't be tossed into a single path story, with the time they had to develop the game.

If you want an in-game reason, because the kind of world Hakuoro lived in; is such the world where an emperor is expected to be surrounded by many wives, for heirs to the throne. It is only natural... at least that's the impression I got. Now I think Eruruw would be the only one who really should show her feelings at not being exclusive, if she were to find out.
All of the other relations were less substantial and more spur of the moment; and since Hakuoro is a big pushover to the ladies...

Oh and why isn't it mentioned after the first time? Well, the game skips through time, through wars, through months in seconds. They just didn't include the embarrasing moments, the tension running high; the everyday drama to fill out the story. [I guess I could have wrote that with one paragraph... sorry lol]

On the bright side, I've never seen mechs like these. I don't recall if they are "suits" from the humans... in fact I don't think they were from them... were they? I don't think they came after Iceman in those suits...
I thought uh Hakuoro's other, basically just created those living suits for his people... as a gift from God or something. You saw how crazy powerful Hakuoro and his other were. It's not explored much, but you saw the various crazy powers Hakuoro wields in the cutscene [which he doesn't get at any other time...] I mean he "HE FREAKING GRANTS YOUR WISHES"
But, I could be forgetting information from the flashback, if there's something about the Av Kamu there or something... (don't think there was though)

5.- I love Karura

Hmm... Aruruw was definitely my favvvvvvvvvvvvvv; although for THAt kind of love... hmm
I wanted to learn more about Kuuya's friend... Miss mud :(
(Game so needed various paths...)

6.- Kuuya goes retard. Was it that necessary?

How old was Kuuya? I got the impression those guys were all young kids... I thought she was well under 18. Maybe 16-20?
Kuuya was basically a kid placed with the mature responsiblities of protecting all of her people. Raised harshly, you saw how common things were not part of her life...
She probably lived the life of a sheltered pure child ruler.
Kuuya ends up in a crisis, trying to keep to her beliefs as people die around her. And even though she didn't want to take up arms; she believed she must lead her people; as it was her duty...
That girl who hadn't ever killed before, probably hadn't seen people die before until recently; charged with leading her people into battle; killing, nay massacring the so-called enemy...
She should have had better judgement right? Well, I think she was much more fragile than anyone believed. She had no friends who she talked to like Hakuoro...
Yet, she kept on fighting onwards somehow sane, in the face of slaughter.

Well, at that critical point; where all her life seems to be terrible things, killing people; watching her own people die; even turning against the people she cares most for...
Suddenly throw in monsters and people like Mutsumi... the complete annihilation of the world you lived in; and see the only family you might have be torn to pieces...
Dang... I guess I went overboard, but basically you get the picture; she couldn't handle it; and I think it was appropriate. Will she ever return to normal?
Who knows, in that child-like state she can live life happily and freely... why would she want to remember who she was. The things she did, or the things she saw? Maybe she'll start over a new life; maturing into a new person over time. Locking those nightmares away...

7.- Thankfully, there was no Aruruw h-scene. I was scared shitless of finding it. Well, not scared shitless but you understand what I mean.

... yeah.. it probably would have ended with Mukkur somehow involved anyways... that's scary

Hakuoro only meant good things for the world... I don't think the world would be screwed at all as long as Hakuoro is Hakuoro. I assume that Hakuoro might be like Iceman, a now whole again Wistermiteria human. I don't think Iceman had an understanding of what he really was...
Maybe now, he finally does..?
Meh, speculate whatever happy or unhappy ending you want I guess :P Until an official / or you want to make a fan story comes...

9.- I love Karura.

10.- Why do all the villains laugh like retards?

heh heh .. he..h.. Hhah .. HAH H... HAH ..1!! H....j.m.. hm mhm hm hm hm...
heh... heh eh heheh..... hmmmm... hmm.... Oh, this is just too good.
[seriously I like laughing insanely... what's wrong wit hthat!?]

11.- So. Eruruw and Aruruw were Hakuoro's grandaughters/grandgrandaughters/grandgrandgrand........./grandx10^90daughters? On this same note, if that (Mikoto) was the beginning of that species, wouldn't everyone else also be Hakuoro's descendant? A bit disturbing. Edited: Yep, stupid me.

Yeah I don't think this is much of a problem... because I think technically, Hakuoro is probably a different species/sub-species than his children. Since Mikoto was genetically created from the hybrid Iceman, I imagine the differences in DNA or whatnot are great...

14.- Humanity went through advances. > Fucked itself over. > Went underground. > Investigated Hakuoro to be able to go back to the surfaced. > Got pwnd. > Is that right? If not, what were they doing underground and/or how did they end up there? Also, the story seems to say that it's a cycle and the current raze will eventually destroy itself. I got that right, or nay?

No clue... The question I have, is ... After the original Iceman/Hakuoro scientist guy joined with Wistermetia god thing, was he imprisoned in the ice immediately? If the first time he awoke was as Iceman... then alright, I guess humanity just screwed itself over.

... otherwise maybe Wistermetia played a part in screwing over humanity behind the scenes; as what had happened in Utawarerumono with Hakuoro's other.

15.- How did Mutsumi obtain a body?

... hmm
Maybe the awakening of Wistermetia awoke her (I think that seemed like when she first gained a body, around the time she sealed Wistermetia [I never spell it right...]. As was shown with Kamyu, it wasn't until Hakuoro's other awakened Mitsumi that she took over Kamyu and had all those powers.

16.- Why the memory lose? (Hakuoro's) Why was he all wounded at the beginning? The battle with Diy didn't seem all that deadly.

Hmm...
I always thought there was room for a Utawarerumono prequel, ending just before Utawarerumono began. I am not sure what happened, as I can't remember the details enough...
I could speculate that perhaps Diy and Hakuoro fought to the death; resulting in one of them falling... (hakuoro) and when one falls, they probably are forced to sleep/be sealed until the proper time. I actually cannot be certain what kind of person Hakuoro was before meeting Aruruw and Eruruw on that fateful day. We know he was kind as Iceman, and the scientist maybe... But, if Hakuoro's other self acted as he did. Then there's no telling how Hakuoro had been acting...
It might just be that Eruruw and Aruruw awakened those original personality traits that we always believe Hakuoro to have had.
... If they did another Utawarerumono... I wonder, should Hakuoro be the main character? or perhaps his other self? That'd certainly be interesting...

EDIT: ... I'm completely spooked, I don't recall, remembering Diy's name, I don't recall WRITING Diy's name... somehow I wrote/remembered it unconciously... that spooks me
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mazyrian » May 26th, 2009, 8:43 pm

X-Calibar wrote:

On the bright side, I've never seen mechs like these. I don't recall if they are "suits" from the humans... in fact I don't think they were from them... were they? I don't think they came after Iceman in those suits...
I thought uh Hakuoro's other, basically just created those living suits for his people... as a gift from God or something. You saw how crazy powerful Hakuoro and his other were. It's not explored much, but you saw the various crazy powers Hakuoro wields in the cutscene [which he doesn't get at any other time...] I mean he "HE FREAKING GRANTS YOUR WISHES"
But, I could be forgetting information from the flashback, if there's something about the Av Kamu there or something... (don't think there was though)

As far as I remember, yes, the mechs were the suits the humans were using when they recaptured Iceman and Mikoto; they had similar name, though now I don't exactly remember what was it.

Hakuoro only meant good things for the world... I don't think the world would be screwed at all as long as Hakuoro is Hakuoro. I assume that Hakuoro might be like Iceman, a now whole again Wistermiteria human. I don't think Iceman had an understanding of what he really was...
Maybe now, he finally does..?
Meh, speculate whatever happy or unhappy ending you want I guess :P Until an official / or you want to make a fan story comes...

I got the impression Hakuoro lost the powers; after all, he had already lost the mask, which falls into Eruruw arms just before he goes to sleep.

14.- Humanity went through advances. > Fucked itself over. > Went underground. > Investigated Hakuoro to be able to go back to the surfaced. > Got pwnd. > Is that right? If not, what were they doing underground and/or how did they end up there? Also, the story seems to say that it's a cycle and the current raze will eventually destroy itself. I got that right, or nay?

No clue... The question I have, is ... After the original Iceman/Hakuoro scientist guy joined with Wistermetia god thing, was he imprisoned in the ice immediately? If the first time he awoke was as Iceman... then alright, I guess humanity just screwed itself over.

... otherwise maybe Wistermetia played a part in screwing over humanity behind the scenes; as what had happened in Utawarerumono with Hakuoro's other.

As I understood, the cicle would be: Original scientist gets shot, gets mask and is imprisoned on ice --> Some cataclism (nuclear war, maybe?), humans can now only live in underground --> Scientist gets awaken as Iceman, goes in rampage and is sealed/split by Mutusmi --> His copies get free and repopulate the world, eventually reaching the level in the game --> The game starts.
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Return to Utawarerumono Chat