Just finished the game...

Kemonomimi Discussion

Moderator: Staffers

Just finished the game...

Unread postby Sepheriel » December 28th, 2008, 10:54 am

And I must say, I am completely blown away by it. The story was SO good and I am so very grateful of mirror moon and soylations for translating it so I could have been apart of something so amazing. It is hard to describe in words how good it was so I'm not going to go on about it but everything about it was top notch and with the PS2 version voices added it made it a must play experience. It is very rare to find a story this good, even in books today and I am pleased that I have read it and enjoyed it as much as I have.
Last edited by Sepheriel on December 29th, 2008, 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mkilbride » December 28th, 2008, 3:27 pm

Right? I've pretty much learned by now, if Mirror Moon is translating it, it's WORTH reading / playing.

Not only did I find the combat ALOT of fun :P, the story surprised me.

This topic should be marked for Spoilers, cause I'll give some here..

The story, to me, at first, I was like "Ah, Generic I don't Remember Anything Guy" starting off in a small Village. He'll probably have some greater task as like a Hero or something.

Abit in "Whoa, what the fudge? Taking over a Country? Knowledge of advanced medicine and stuff?"

This is basically just a summary. Then I mean, those big Mecha like things, were so awesome. I loved all the characters, disappointed no Romance with that one Queen / King guy whom was turned into a kid afterwords. Always liked her...

Then, wtfbbq time, and we now find out he is a "God" of sorts, and is the reason for the main species on the damn planet, and that everyone was drawn to him, and that this epic battle happens every so often.

The ending scene / fight thing, honestly, made me teary eyed. I got chills up my spine when they refused and he's like, "I am Utawarerumono, the one of whom songs are sung!" and then they have to defeat him. Then, his words as he fades into the planet, and just the amazing soundtrack, and the way the people talked about it. It made me get teary, cause the scene was done so well(The Anime didn't have this effect at all, it seemed abit lame)

Also, what happened afterwords, what everyone else was doing after that. It was great to see Yuzu's child, even if she was dead(Mini-God man), and Touka & Big Breasted Beast Lady having their own adventures.

Seeing Aruruw & Kamyu hanging around was good and cute. Eruruw back at a Village, even though she is kind of a Queen of a nation, she acts like just this generic lady person, and waiting for our favorite masked man.(Zorro!)

Also, seeing Benwai having to take control of the Kingdom, is awesome. I mean, he's a great Military Commander, but I'm sure he'll be an even better Emperor.

Everything about it is just "WTFBQQ AWESOMESAUCE", I plan to read it again in a few years probably. It's just so good.

Tsukihime, Fate / Stay Night, and Utawarerumono are all three Visual Novels MM translated, and three that I consider the best really. Wind ~ A Breath of Heart wasn't bad though.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Sepheriel » December 29th, 2008, 5:38 am

Yeah I know what you mean. I actually cried a little when Hakuoro left and then when Oboro said "Yuzuha" at the grave, I cried a little more as well. And then end is the best part because Hakuoro actually came back. He had to have since everyone sensed him nearby, even Mukkur (tiger) actually smelled him. Man it was SO good and the story kept me guessing and towards the end where you are going through this modern technology I was like "ok game, I'm all out of guesses tell me what the hell is going on".
Last edited by Sepheriel on December 29th, 2008, 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby X-Calibar » December 29th, 2008, 5:38 am

mirror moon is lowercase :!:
Yep, I'm crazy about Utawarerumono because it was such a good story. Bought the VN, the PS2 game, 5 of the audio cds and the anime... Contributed to image editing and customized my game a little :D

:oops: I want to play this game again thanks to this thread... (so much else I should do though)
Great game by Leaf...! (I wonder if Tears to Tiara is good too?)

Here's a mini tribute I re-did today : gathered up as much good art as I could find in a google and made a quick youtube video using a personally edited Eternity (ending song to Uta)...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3ecGePlzbo&fmt=22 << now in HD quality
edit: we posted at the same time :o
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Inverted » December 29th, 2008, 3:12 pm

X-Calibar wrote::oops: I want to play this game again thanks to this thread...

I know what you mean . For some reason I want to play this game repeatedly and its not for the battles.
Inverted
Crack Desu!

Unread postby WingZero » December 31st, 2008, 1:10 am

@ Mkil: That's a lot of unmasked spoilers for an unmasked thread there. Might wanna edit that.

Also, I started replaying about 2 weeks ago (this time actually decided to use the voice patch since it seemed like there aren't any game-crashing bugs) on hard 3. Certain "survive for X amount of time" battles are really annoying(ly impossible) to beat. Although I'm proud to say I only used cheat engine once (2nd battle. =__=)
WingZero
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mazyrian » December 31st, 2008, 1:57 am

Yeah, the 2nd battle is one of the (if not THE) worst in higher difficulties.
The battle
to survive the Av Kamiws
I found not hard but nevertheless one of the more annoying.
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Return to Utawarerumono Chat