Kemonomimi Discussion

Moderator: Staffers

Eruruw's personality,

Unread postby VoidAvesta » December 11th, 2008, 12:35 am

The anime killed it :cry:
VoidAvesta
Addict

Unread postby Mkilbride » December 11th, 2008, 2:43 am

I'm watching the anime now, mainly because I don't like animes based off Visual Novels, but Fate / Stay Night wasn't as bad as I thought(Listen, it was bad, but not as BAD as I had expected)

So far, this is actually 95% Utaw, it's almost completely the same and I'm HONESTLY SHOCKED. I think it's due to it only having one route, therefore EASIER to adapt.

I believe her personality faithfully was adapted. If anyone has their personality changed, it was Aruruw's, she speaks alot more than in the VN. Some parts are missing, but that's the 5% I was talking about. It's actually a great adaption, and as a anime in general, it's amazing. Quite frankly, I think because there was only one route / solid plot, that it turned out this way. Still, I give credit to them.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » December 11th, 2008, 3:19 pm

Mkilbride wrote:I'm watching the anime now, mainly because I don't like animes based off Visual Novels, but Fate / Stay Night wasn't as bad as I thought(Listen, it was bad, but not as BAD as I had expected)

So far, this is actually 95% Utaw, it's almost completely the same and I'm HONESTLY SHOCKED. I think it's due to it only having one route, therefore EASIER to adapt.

I believe her personality faithfully was adapted. If anyone has their personality changed, it was Aruruw's, she speaks alot more than in the VN. Some parts are missing, but that's the 5% I was talking about. It's actually a great adaption, and as a anime in general, it's amazing. Quite frankly, I think because there was only one route / solid plot, that it turned out this way. Still, I give credit to them.

Well...I think Milkbride is right.
I don't see any kind of problems with eruruw's personality so far but if voidavesta were a little more specific about what he thinks has changed so much in the anime well....
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby X-Calibar » December 11th, 2008, 5:39 pm

Problem with the anime was everything happened too fast, it really needed at least two seasons to fill out the characters like the VN did. Eruruw got a lot of attention in the anime, and she's probably the character closest to the original VN..! [I mean the original VN in my opinion was way too rushed, so the single season of anime is much worse off...]

Aruruw got NOTHING! Good day sir...
I didn't feel ANything for her in the anime, compared to the VN where she was the character that had the most impact to me :P That was the most disappointing to me.

That said, I thought they did a very good job on the anime. Not what I'd hoped for, but definitely not bad either...
Now the Extras on the DVDs are just awesome lol My favorites being the Hakuoro / Eruruw / Aruruw questions and the recaps of what's happened. Those were greattttttttt lol Seriously lol

The hyped extra scenes were great, but since I already had played the game they didn't have the same hilarity... But, kudos to having those scenes :P too bad they couldn't have made it into the original anime...
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mkilbride » December 11th, 2008, 5:49 pm

Really? Aruruw to me, is even cuter in this than in the VN.

I can understand why you think it's rushed, but hey, they managed to hit 95% of the story into 26 episodes, without leaving much out. I give them KUDOS to that. Most VN to Anime adaptions = wtfbbq bad.

This one I'll even recommend to people who haven't read the VN. Two seasons is far to much for this type of story though. I felt it was neatly compacted into 26 episodes. The Visual Novel though...how on earth was it rushed? Everything had very proper timing. It was pretty long really.

I take it you're the type of person who loves animes that go 200+ episodes. I'm more of a 13 / 26 episode anime fan, who likes well written, intelligent and stories that don't drag on and on and can keep my interest.

Take Bleach for example, I loved it at the start, but after the end of the Soul Society one(67 or so) and the Bounto(I know it's filler)I still watched it, but it SURELY felt like it was just dragging on and on. I like animes like this that give you the full story, and don't try to tack on things that weren't in the source from which it was made.

The CG armies may of been abit much at times, but eh, it was easier on their wrists.

I haven't watched the DVD specials, but I will soon. I'm on episode 15 of the anime, and while at first, I also thought "How will they fit the huge story into 26 episodes? I hope they don't chop out entire parts..."

Now they've removed some 18+ scenes obviously, but seriously, this thing is 95% the same as the VN. It's an incredible adaption, and I'm someone who DESPISED VN to Anime adaptions. I see very few scenes are missing. (of course, that's up to episode 15)

I think of certain episodes as the arcs.

1-7 is the Country Forming Arc.

8-14 is the "Who am I?" Arc

15-16 is the "Niwe" Saga, from what I can see.

That's as far as I've got so far. It's really amazing, but that could also be due to my very low expectations of the anime.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby zweiterversuch » December 11th, 2008, 6:37 pm

well...genjimaru isn't as awesome as he should be in the anime.

that should be the only thing that troubled me...

...Ah!

and Hakuoro's
true form
is really...really .... off...

it looks better in the Vn than it did in the anime.

mm...Karura is a lot sexier than I thought...
http://visualnoveldai.com/
If you want to create your own visual novel go there!
Try it out, no compromise!
8 inches in a week!

btw Princess Tutu is still Awesome!!!
zweiterversuch
$dead

Unread postby X-Calibar » December 11th, 2008, 7:04 pm

I rate the lasting impact of the anime by my final impression and how I feel about it months later. Utawarerumono the anime just didn't doesn't get high marks for that. I forgot about it very quickly, and had a rather unimpressed overall feeling.

Was happy to see all of the mostly accurate plot, and loved seeing all the characters again... But, rehashing a good thing wasn't enough for me. So, even though it was pretty good, I was waiting for some new magic or at least the same feeling I had while playing the PC game. And most of the differences in the anime were much less exciting than the original VN events.
...I won't go into detail as to which in particular I had issues with, since you're still watching :O
I think I would have had more enjoyment if there had been more day to day events, or extended scenerios that never got much to begin with. As I liked the extra content more than the episode content [more character, less plot?] If there had been new plot maybe I'd be changing my tune...

I take it you're the type of person who loves animes that go 200+ episodes. I'm more of a 13 / 26 episode anime fan, who likes well written, intelligent and stories that don't drag on and on and can keep my interest.

You're right.. I would love anime to go on 200+ episodes lol
Well, correction, I would love great anime to last 200+ episodes.
Example : If I could have Record of Lodoss War OVA last 200+ episodes and be as interesting as the first and only 13, then SIGN ME UP! Card Captor Sakura was able to maintain the magic for at least a season and a half, before I had any doubts... Fushigi Yugi about the same amount of time. Crest/Banner of the Stars lasted about the same [but divided by 3 seasons]. Kenshin... probably lasted about the same lol
I'm unable to think of an example that I loved that was able to make it past the second season and stay as memorible...
Still, I'd love to see one that lasts a long time. Berserk for example, I would have loved to see that continue on. Only got one season out of it :(

Haven't seen Bleach yet... will do that eventually

@zweiterversuch
Hakuoro's true form roar really sucked in the anime ... :P
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Return to Utawarerumono Chat