Will there ever be a 1.2 patch?

Kemonomimi Discussion

Moderator: Staffers

Will there ever be a 1.2 patch?

Unread postby VoidAvesta » December 10th, 2008, 6:28 pm

Just wondering since there's a couple of typos and such,
and since you are pretty busy, with the voice patch out and all do you people consider yourself
done with uta? or will there be updates?
VoidAvesta
Addict

Unread postby Mkilbride » December 10th, 2008, 7:49 pm

I don't see much reason to revisit a finished project like this, unless they wanted to translate the Fan Disk(I seriously doubt), then they'll probably leave it as it is.

I'm sure they have other projects / want to take a break.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby X-Calibar » December 11th, 2008, 6:05 am

I hope there will be one more patch that incorporates the occasional typos that were found~
If so, I could fix the graphical problem as well. [If you check the unit list in battles throughout the game, you'll notice that the unit names sometimes are off centered etc... Apparently when I did those images I must have changed the size of the image expecting it to be automatically centered. I don't think anyone else caught that though, so it's not that important lol]
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby YuenSan » February 5th, 2009, 9:11 pm

I really hope there will be... the typos in Oboro and Yuzuha's debut are kinda annoying.
YuenSan
Totally hardly posted

Re: Will there ever be a 1.2 patch?

Unread postby X-Calibar » August 30th, 2010, 5:33 pm

I'm working on a version 1.2 patch for Utawarerumono... (Who am I? I was an image editor on the team.)
With the absence of Ryuusoul, and since most devs (and fans) are long finished with Utawarerumono, I went ahead and began a final pass on the game for posterity.

Patch v1.1 (shows up 1.0 in-game) was already a finished product imo...
v1.2 (shows up 1.2 in-game) will just polish it up and be aimed at voice patch users (but not limited to).

I'm almost half-way through playtesting; fixing any issues that come up as I go along...

Fixes include :
  • All reported grammar/spelling script issues from the report thread that I deemed were necessary. (I always favored Ryuusoul's script when in doubt.)
    [everything from spelling mistakes to lines that overlapped each other.]
  • I believe the dreaded Erunga crash is now fixed. [*What a nugwisomukami!]
  • Changed/fixed voice patch to script related inconsistencies, when it was obvious enough to be needed. Many involving sound effects, different or missing.
  • Fixed the click multiple times to proceed issues (had to split up text, a la. how the voice patch plays it back, so it appears properly).
  • Spent a lot of time "prettying" up the script, in how it is displayed. (Rather than following the rule that just write all text until it wraps, after careful consideration; I've come up with a case-by-case system that imo adds to the experience and as a bonus is easier to read in some cases (never the other way around).)
    [basically you probably won't notice anything has changed; even if I spent a lot of time on it ;)]
  • Fixed many random space issues, some scenes had spaces in the beginning or at the end of every other random line. It was not very apparent, but it is fixed.

To be fixed :
  • There are a couple major voice patch inconsistencies, involving either a missing spoken line, or vice versa.
    i.e. (...) when there is a spoken line.
  • Fixing the speaker, which isn't contained in the main script. (either I'll need a tool or have to poke around...) [Worst case I'll just leave an apostrophe note when the speaker is ... confused.]
  • Fixing the name images seen during battle. (You may notice they are sometimes far off-centered. This is an image issue... I'll have to see if I can even re-compile the .px files...)

There might even be some bonuses I am considering, but not until I at least get the basic patch finished...
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Kid-Wolf » August 31st, 2010, 3:35 am

Well good luck with that, and hope that you won't run into too much problems over the course of doing some additional patch work here.
- Finding my way through this garden is rather unbearable, but if it is to keep the one I adore company I will endure it for her sake, and her sake alone.
Kid-Wolf
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Message » August 31st, 2010, 6:41 am

[Edit: Rephrased this post to better match my intentions, and less my personal annoyance]
X-Calibar, next time please do contact us before taking on a job like this on your own. Most of our projects have indeed been on the back burner for quite some time now, but we are actually working on updating our old projects. Utaware is definitely not dropped, finished, or otherwise out of the picture.

Please do drop by in the channel so we can discuss how we can work together to fix up Utaware English in a proper way.

(Also, please be advised that you're not allowed to distribute an updated patch without our approval, as stated in the Utawarerumono English EULA that you agreed to.)

Unread postby ArchDemon » August 31st, 2010, 7:53 am

Hi X-Calibar. I see you've been working hard on Utawarerumono.
Ryuusoul and the devs are still around, just not in the old Rizon #soylations channel. Ryuusoul has since retired from the scene, but pops into #mirrormoon on IRCHighway from time to time where most of the others are (Kuyukly is in #wankotl, dunno what happened to the other Soylations staff members... and finsterwipf doesn't count...). Some of us still intended to fix the bugs in Utawarerumono (uni's a bitch), but if you've already gone and done that then I'd be happy to incorporate anything you've done into a new patch if the others are okay with it (saves me a lot of work :v). If everyone's fine with this, would you be able to tell us which forum reports you fixed and give us any *.p files you modified so we can compare them and update our SVN where needed?

~ArchDemon
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby X-Calibar » September 1st, 2010, 12:15 am

I'm sorry about making that post without contacting everyone :(
I hadn't heard from Ryuusoul in so long, so I PMed Phiber to see if I could get some help; although I never heard back I still had the tools from the Soylations days. I figured I'd contact Message after everything was in order to see if he was interested in using the work in a new patch~ but... after much progress, I was too eager and wanted to inform everyone before it was finished, of what I was doing...

(I've only been on the IRC one time before... it wasn't pleasant circumstances :P)
I'll try to get it working so I can get back on there...
As for getting all the changes compiled into a document :

To quote Aruruw...
Uuu....~

[skip]
...Going to be rough. It'll be easy enough to figure out with the previously reported changes, but I also found things, and made many minor changes as I played through the game (fixing spacing, moving the line breaks etc). [Kept compiling the script over and over to see how it looked. Wouldn't have attempted this otherwise~]

It'll take me a very long time, but I could make a full list of changes... a very ... long ... time... but I could do it...

Maybe if I take screenshots of every single dialogue in-game, and use photoshop to combine, before and after and... do a filter of difference on each. Then just scroll through looking for the pictures with differences...
[/skip]

Oh... I could do that with the script files. That would be a bit faster wouldn't it XD
Then just scroll through each one and find where the differences are...
EDIT: oh... but when there are spaces at the end of the text, it won't show up doing this easy method...

I can PM a master list to archdemon when done! Including the .p files I've tested.

(btw to fix the previously reported errors was very easy. I simply made a copy of all .p files and renamed them into .txt files.
Then using windows search on all files, I could just enter in the reported phrase. Then load it up in the script editor, read a little and decide if it needs the fix... and if so, save!)
However playing through the game, making non-reported changes and testing as I went, has taken weeks...

I'll PM archdemon more details~
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby ArchDemon » November 20th, 2010, 2:52 pm

Okay, I'm finally done with uni for now. Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.
I was going to make a heap of xml spreadsheets to import all the data for easier searching and correcting, but that will take way too long at the moment, so I'll just go over the corrections as well as those reported on the forums in the next fortnight to see if everything is fine instead. Once that's done, I'll build a new patch using the tested script files you gave me and run a few tests before preparing for a new release. Just giving you the heads up.

~ArchDemon
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby ArchDemon » December 12th, 2010, 4:04 pm

Okay, after looking at some of the changes, it looks like I'm going to have to make a heap of spreadsheets regardless. ^^;
I need to dump each raw and translated script together into a single xml spreadsheet per *.p file from the v1.2 patch, and then dump X-Calibar's edits to compare them side-by-side and if possible give the list of changes to Ryuusoul if he's still interested in fixing errors for the patch (he's retired from translating stuff, afaik).

There are 418 raw script files and 418 translated script files that need to be dumped.
I'll update this post as I dump more script files.

Raw script files dumped: 152/418
Translated script files dumped: 0/418
Edited script files dumped: 0/98
ArchDemon
Executive Director

Unread postby X-Calibar » December 13th, 2010, 12:05 am

I just happened to check today~ :D The edits I sent cover the first half of the game. I've been meaning to go back and do the rest...
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Return to Utawarerumono Chat