Coolest dude

Unread postby VoidAvesta » December 9th, 2008, 3:45 am

So which Guy are you GAR for? :twisted:
wanted to ad more, but this is the pool limit
VoidAvesta
Addict

Unread postby AddleBoy » December 9th, 2008, 4:16 am

Oboro all the way, man!
Then you realize... That there is no loli. And it's not the loli you're molesting, it's yourself.
AddleBoy
Crack Desu!

Unread postby abscess » December 9th, 2008, 4:18 am

I'm between Oboro and Genjimaru.... I dunno, I have a thing for older men :lol:
[Edit]Voted Genjimaru. He is just so AWESOME. And he is an OLD dude! No one could recreate his feats of MANLINESS after reaching that age!
Last edited by abscess on December 9th, 2008, 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby Mkilbride » December 9th, 2008, 8:42 am

Sickening.

Our favorite masked man gets my vote. Oboro had way to much of a sister complex to be really cool. :P

On the other hand, our little masked friend did this:

Woke up, no idea of who he and befriends a Village. Winning the heart of an awesome lady.
Saves said Village by using his head, further making the village like him.
Becomes the next Chief after the previous one leaves him in charge.
Leads a rebellion that takes over the entire nation, with peasant armies and wild tactics.
Forms a new Kingdom, and begins interacting with other Kingdoms.
The Mediators of the land come and he interacts with them, winning the heart of their Princess, and securing an ally.
Fights off an enemy invader, using an advanced tactic that the world had long forgot.
Wins the heart of another Kingdoms King, whom is secretly a female and secures somewhat peace.
Saves a Slave destined to die and adds a powerful soldier to his army, while winning her heart(Sort of?)and in the process, ends the tyranny of an evil Kingdom over it's people.
Fights off Machines that could destroy the world, while still not betraying his ally that betrayed him.

Ugh, to many things to list, I left alot of them out, but you guys get the idea.

What did the rest of the cast do? They were there. They couldn't do ANYTHING without him, at least nothing NEAR this level. On the other hand, while they did greatly improve his odds of success, he could of always just had more soldiers.

So a man that can wake up with no memory and start taking over the Earth, in the name of "Justice", with no evil intentions at all, is PRETTY BAD ASS. While he's at it, a wonderful bunch of ladies fall in love with him, for which is totally oblivious to(Because he's just so awesome!)and eventually has it with all of them, and for some reason - doesn't come off as an asshole?(I'm not sure if ALL the others knew, I know some did, but no one ever accused him of being a asshole for it...which would be realistic I suppose)

Oboro was just a guy who had raging boner for his sister.

Genjimaru though, I'll agree. He reminds of Garr from Breath of Fire III. Hah, that's funny, what Gar means now, and his name. Lmao.

Used a Spear too.
Mkilbride
DESU DESU!

Unread postby metal_cocoabo » December 9th, 2008, 10:24 am

Genjimaru for me... I mean, this is a guy that took on FOUR MECHA by himself and WON.
metal_cocoabo
Crack Addic!

Unread postby nobaka » December 9th, 2008, 5:16 pm

Teoro. I cried. It's even worse in the anime. Little girls screaming over death -> manly tears.

Benawi is a close second.

Edit: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- yes Gar is awesome.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby solopy567 » December 9th, 2008, 8:16 pm

Benawi > everyone else

In the anime and in the game, he is very headstrong and couldn't be a better guard...But he needs to tune up his sense of humor

EDIT: You forgot Kouro
solopy567
DESU DESU!

Unread postby VoidAvesta » December 9th, 2008, 8:25 pm

solopy567 wrote:
EDIT: You forgot Kouro

ran out of poll space..
VoidAvesta
Addict

Unread postby X-Calibar » December 10th, 2008, 1:10 am

Guess I'll vote for Diy~ If you think cool is being insanely powerful, and then you add wings; well, you instantly win 8)
Story spoils ahead :
Although Diy technically is a guy now, and was originally a guy, his last form was of a woman according to Genjimaru... That would be an interesting NEW Utawarerumono game... If somehow you get to play Diy's previous form as the main character in a new visual novel. I mean if Genjimaru in the past swore loyality and seemed to love Diy's previous incarnation? She probably wasn't nearly as harsh and ruthless as we view him now...
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby nobaka » December 10th, 2008, 1:31 am

X-Calibar wrote:Guess I'll vote for Diy~ If you think cool is being insanely powerful, and then you add wings; well, you instantly win 8)
Story spoils ahead :
Although Diy technically is a guy now, and was originally a guy, his last form was of a woman according to Genjimaru... That would be an interesting NEW Utawarerumono game... If somehow you get to play Diy's previous form as the main character in a new visual novel. I mean if Genjimaru in the past swore loyality and seemed to love Diy's previous incarnation? She probably wasn't nearly as harsh and ruthless as we view him now...

Uh, where are you getting the romance from? Yes, he had sworn loyalty, but that could have been for a variety of reasons (kinda like Eruruw). They both very explicitly state that they were friends.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby abscess » December 10th, 2008, 3:55 am

Maaaan.... If Hakuoro wasn't there, I actually thought that Genjimaru would easily win. I thought of this poll more like a GAR contest than anything else. He is just so AWESOME! Just look at his death scene!
He knew he had 0 oportunity of doing anything and tried it just to buy a little bit of time so Kuuya would be able to escape. And the way he died, oooh that was unbeliavable! He didn't have the typical last words scene before someone dies because of th wounds or something like that, his body just burst apart and left nothing of him (well, I think his sword was left behind).
I was like "duuuuuude! that was awwwwsome!"
"I settled for that shriek. Those dull vacant eyes... oiled cabbage stench of her...! [...] You know what? I'm sorry if I'm not gonna do this the way you want me to or the way you might. But I will not make an angel out of someone who wasn't an angel...!" -Chief Tyrol, on his beloved wife.
Have you heard about the saying that goes something like "drunk people and kids tell no lies"? Well, that's just a fallacy.
abscess
I can haz postingz nao? K thx

Unread postby X-Calibar » December 10th, 2008, 5:09 am

nobaka wrote:Uh, where are you getting the romance from? Yes, he had sworn loyalty, but that could have been for a variety of reasons (kinda like Eruruw). They both very explicitly state that they were friends.

Hmmm well it has been a long time since I played that part of the game... I thought the game implied more than just loyalty, but it's been so long I probably mixed it up :? (and no save spot to go check it out right now ;_; )

EDIT : dang that Garr is stretching the page :P
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby nobaka » December 10th, 2008, 5:10 am

X-Calibar wrote:
nobaka wrote:Uh, where are you getting the romance from? Yes, he had sworn loyalty, but that could have been for a variety of reasons (kinda like Eruruw). They both very explicitly state that they were friends.

Hmmm well it has been a long time since I played that part of the game... I thought the game implied more than just loyalty, but it's been so long I probably mixed it up :? (and no save spot to go check it out right now ;_; )

Well, yeah, I'd say it goes beyond loyalty. But not into romance, just some serious ass friendship.
nobaka
DESU DESU!

Unread postby Levethix » December 10th, 2008, 11:57 pm

Genjimaru has my vote. He was a total badass for the short time he was in.
Levethix
Might just like this board

Unread postby MaruKyuu » February 14th, 2009, 6:02 pm

<3 Hauenkua
MaruKyuu
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Sepheriel » February 16th, 2009, 4:09 am

Hakuoro follow by Oboro then Benawi then Genjimaru. Hakuoro because he's pretty much awesome in personality, fighting, governing, etc. Oboro because he's an awesome big brother and loyal to a T. Benawi because he's cool, collected and confident, Genjimaru because he's also loyal to a T and he is a good person to be on good terms with.
EKUSU---------KALIBAAAAAAAA!!
Sepheriel
Crack Desu!

Return to Utawarerumono Chat