Any FAQ for Uta-PC version? (+1 question)

Kemonomimi Discussion

Moderator: Staffers

Any FAQ for Uta-PC version? (+1 question)

Unread postby slivers7 » June 12th, 2008, 7:57 am

Felt like asking, since to-date I've only come across a decent guide for the PS2 version.

Some of the stuff on the posts here seem like things that are asked repeatedly, like how to unlock certain things, or whether clearing a mode will cause certain things, the stats of the last-boss related to Hakuoro, and so on. Ryuusoul posted a related reply about titles and how to get them, and it's pretty helpful stuff that I haven't seen anywhere else.

So, is there already such a guide somewhere? If not, well, since this is a message board, maybe a sticky topic could be made to consolidate all that info? Perhaps notes on how the element system works, holding Ctrl to skip text, holding Alt when attacking to auto-combo, whether after unlocking the last 2 CGs if not having the clear-game save files that unlocked them will result in them being locked again... well, stuff like that.

So, if something like this isn't around yet, may I humbly request that those with the relevant knowledge and authority kindly make some contributive posts... or something? It could be a sticky post, a separate web page on the site, or a text file.

---

Having said all that, THIS is what I really wanted to know about. Well, as in itching question. It's been stated somewhere that to unlock the last 2 CGs, you have to collect titles, which is possible whenever you achieve certain criteria during your Hard mode playthrough and make a clear-game save. I think it's 1 title to unlock the second last CG, while it's ALL titles to unlock the last CG; so long as among all of your clear-game saves, all titles have been obtained at least once, the last CG will be unlocked. Kinda like Valkyrie Profile's voice clip bonus.

Do correct me if I got it wrong. :)

The question is, if you somehow delete, overwrite, or remove one or more of these clear-game saves, that contain a vital title or more that you've only obtained in them, will the last CG still remain unlocked?

In a similar vein, if you made your first clear-game save, and unlocked the second last CG, then removed/overwrite that clear-game save, will the unlocked second last CG be lost?

Obviously, this question is posed to those players who have already unlocked these CGs. Please backup whatever data before you experiment, if necessary! :twisted:
slivers7
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby slivers7 » June 14th, 2008, 1:08 am

Wow, nothing...?

Does this mean everyone's trying something, or did I post some sort of glaring error? :?

I really hope for an answer for the bottom question, please, anyone!?
slivers7
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Cat Megex » June 14th, 2008, 1:27 am

slivers7 wrote:Wow, nothing...?

Does this mean everyone's trying something, or did I post some sort of glaring error? :?

I really hope for an answer for the bottom question, please, anyone!?

Experiment. See if the first title-obtained CG disappears when you delete/overwrite the cleared game save that was the one through which you obtained the title(s). If it doesn't, then the other one probably won't, either. The reverse is also true.
Cat Megex
DESU DESU!

Unread postby slivers7 » June 14th, 2008, 8:54 am

Well, the update is that I don't have either of the last 2 CGs yet to experiment with.

So, I asked. :roll:

Anyways, thanks for the reply! 8) I do hope to get the answer directly, since I'm currently occupied with another game.

About the FAQ bit... no comments? Or is it actually that unnecessary?

EDIT: Sorry, but since I'm going on and on, I'd like to ask this question about the PS2 version. I'd heard that Hakuoro had an additional 5th element combo finisher that's unlocked after a certain point in the game. Could I have some more info about it? (e.g. how to trigger it-random or anti-element?; more damage than other 4-element finishers?; any added effects?; etc...) It'll be great if someone has a video link or something.

Speaking of links, there's a great exhibition video of most of the PS2 finishers and team finishers against the last boss on Youtube. Most of you might have seen it already, but if not, you can enjoy it at:

(MAY BE SPOILER)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xjkTmEL ... re=related
slivers7
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Mazyrian » June 17th, 2008, 1:32 pm

About the last 2 CGs, a thing that happened to me is that the penultimate didn't unlock after finishing Hard 1; after Hard 5 it did, but not the last one, because I was missing one title; and after another Hard 1 I got the last title and unlocked the last CG, but locked again the penultimate, which unlocked after I beat again the last battle from a save from Hard 5 and saved the battle data again
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby slivers7 » June 18th, 2008, 4:20 pm

That was somewhat confusing... you made separate clear-game saves for each run-through? Then for some reason, the unlocked second last CG got locked again after you got the last CG? Did you overwrite or forget to make a battledata save somewhere? It came across like:

First Hard 1 - Unlocked nothing
First Hard 5 - Unlocked (second last CG) only
Second Hard 1 - Unlocked (last CG), but somehow caused (second last CG) to be locked again
Reload last battle save from First Hard 5 - Unlocked (second last CG) again

Anyways, you now have both of them unlocked, right? Could I trouble you to experiment a bit? Backup all your data in another safe location before trying! This is dangerous. After that...

Start a new game and overwrite 1 of the battledata saves that unlocked the CGs (e.g. battledata from First Hard 5 without reload). Did it cause any of the unlocked CGs to become locked again? You might want to restore your data in the game and try doing it on another battledata save (while still having your safe backup data copied somewhere else). Did anything change for the unlocked stuff?

Well, that was what I hoped to find out! A final reminder: Please backup before trying anything! :twisted:
slivers7
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Mazyrian » June 18th, 2008, 5:57 pm

Yes, it as you said (not unlocking the last CG after the Hard 5 is normal, though; I didn't got all the titles at the time). I made battle data after each finish, not overwriting anything; although some time after I finished another Hard 5 (overwriting the battle data for the reloaded final battle) and didn't lose the second to last CG. It would seem like Hard 1 doesn't unlock the second to last CG.
I'll try to experiment a little later.
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mazyrian » June 19th, 2008, 3:31 pm

Well, did some experimenting.
Just erasing the saves (including the battle data ones) doesn't do anything; what does do something is erasing record.sav: you lose every CG, music, training, title, and anything you changed after you installed the game. There are two other files that are modified after you install: $ and battle.tmp. Erasing $ doesn't seem to do anything, and appears again if you run the game; erasing battle.tmp also doesn't seem to do anything but you don't get it again just by playing, so I don't know what does it have or do. About the CGs lost by erasing record.sav: if you don't erase the saves you can replay some one and get the music and CGs corresponding; even if those saves are in "skip story" mode and you don't actually seem them. And if you have the battle data you can see them: you are greeted with the message you get the first time you see it, and while at start you don't have any titles, you get them just by seeing the evaluation; this way you can get all the titles and unlock the last CG, even if you don't have any other CG.
Replayed a Hard 1 last battle and saved the data replacing a Hard 5 one, and, sure enough, the last to one CG vanished, although I saw it just after saving the data, with the message that new CGs were available; it seems Hard 1 is at least supposed to unlock that CG. (Parenthesis: somewhere here is a trainer; I couldn't make it work, but if someone can use it, he could pass quickly Hard 2, 3 and 4, which I didn't play, and see if those modes unlock this CG). I then replaced record.sav with the old one (recovering the CG), erased all battle data and played once again that final battle, and again lost that CG, although not the last, and indeed had all the titles. So the titles seem to be stored in record.sav, and not at all in the battle data saves. And to unlock the second to last CG it isn't enough to win a Hard mode, but a Hard mode must be the last mode you won. And, intended or not, Hard 1 isn't enough (and maybe neither are 2, 3 or 4)
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby slivers7 » June 23rd, 2008, 9:15 am

Thanks so much for the results! Do correct me if I'm wrong about something...

So, the findings were:

>Titles obtained are recorded in just the "record.sav" file itself, not the battledata aka clear-game save

>However, you DO have to make a clear-game save, then read the battledata from that save in order to have the titles you've gained be recorded in the "record.sav" file; which also means that just having made the save is not enough, the battledata must be read for that save

>Accumulating all the possible titles into the "record.sav" file will cause the last CG to be unlocked. It will also stay unlocked unless the "record.sav" file is removed or altered in some way

Is all this right? Do you have to actually read the battledata to unlock the CG, or just having made the save (that contains the titles) will cause a successful unlock? I'm not too sure of this point...

Now, for the "second last CG", things have just been muddled for me. So, it doesn't necessarily stay unlocked, but depends on the last game you cleared? Does it mean if you unlocked it with a Hard 5 save, then loaded the Hard 1 save, cleared the game and save in an empty slot (now with both a Hard 5 and Hard 1 save), it would NOW be locked because the recently cleared Hard 1 save doesn't unlock it. Is this correct? Can anyone confirm this?

Hmmm, but didn't the "record.sav" file retain all the unlocked variables? :?
slivers7
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Mazyrian » June 23rd, 2008, 2:37 pm

>Titles obtained are recorded in just the "record.sav" file itself, not the battledata aka clear-game save

This seems to be right

>However, you DO have to make a clear-game save, then read the battledata from that save in order to have the titles you've gained be recorded in the "record.sav" file; which also means that just having made the save is not enough, the battledata must be read for that save

I didn't try to finish a game without saving battle data, nor saw if the last CG was unlocked before reading the data; I'll try that.

>Accumulating all the possible titles into the "record.sav" file will cause the last CG to be unlocked. It will also stay unlocked unless the "record.sav" file is removed or altered in some way

This also seems right

Now, for the "second last CG", things have just been muddled for me. So, it doesn't necessarily stay unlocked, but depends on the last game you cleared? Does it mean if you unlocked it with a Hard 5 save, then loaded the Hard 1 save, cleared the game and save in an empty slot (now with both a Hard 5 and Hard 1 save), it would NOW be locked because the recently cleared Hard 1 save doesn't unlock it. Is this correct? Can anyone confirm this?

The thing with the second to last CG seems to be that way, except that it's not necessary to make the battle data in another save, since the saves themselves doesn't seem to be relevant

Hmmm, but didn't the "record.sav" file retain all the unlocked variables?

I would guess that record.sav records which is the last mode you beated, and this CG only is unlocked if that last time is a Hard 5 (or wathever is needed); if you win a Hard 1 Hard 5 is no more the last win so the CG ceases to stay unlocked (but all this is my guess)
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mazyrian » July 5th, 2008, 9:12 pm

Following up:

You don't need to save the data after finishing to unlock (or re-lock) the second to last CG; just finishing Hard 5 (or 1) is enough. On the other hand, you actually need to read the battle data (and more exactly the evaluation) for the titles to make effect and the last CG to become unlocked; I erased record.sav and made 2 battle data with all the titles, but until I saw the evaluation that CG didn't unlocked
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Return to Utawarerumono Chat