Utawarerumono Preview

Kemonomimi Discussion

Moderator: Staffers

Utawarerumono Preview

Unread postby X-Calibar » April 4th, 2008, 12:12 am

I thought there may be some people out there still debating whether to get Utawarerumono, or whether or not they should buy the PS2 version in addition to the PC DVD to add voices. So... I recorded the first 10 minutes of Utawarerumono, and sent it to youtube ~

Or here for stereo : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaBWvnflcQQ&fmt=35
Or here for HD stereo : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaBWvnflcQQ&fmt=22

[If there's a problem with posting this, or some other problem; feel free to delete this topic]
Last edited by X-Calibar on October 14th, 2009, 5:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby X-Calibar » July 25th, 2008, 7:51 am

I finally was able to check out the Utawarerumono fan disk, "Aruru to Asobo!!" so I'll add that preview of it here too :

Or here for stereo : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHUXVyNIDZY&fmt=18
Last edited by X-Calibar on January 21st, 2009, 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Phlebas » July 25th, 2008, 4:38 pm

Thanks for the fan disc video, been wondering what it was like. Nice quality too :).
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
[T.S.Eliot: The Waste Land - IV. Death by Water]
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby X-Calibar » July 25th, 2008, 9:38 pm

Phlebas wrote:Thanks for the fan disc video, been wondering what it was like. Nice quality too :).

It's a great fan game, and did you notice it can be played 2 player?
Wish it could be played online :O I bet it'd be fun to run around on this ;)

Using some of the weaker characters like Eruruw would be a lot of fun...
But not so much in single player, although it is intensely challenging :O

I imagine the dialogue is very humorous too... Like using Aruruw to fight the first boss, you get this sad music as you have to fight Mutikapa... Or if you get some of the bonus characters the hillarious music appears in serious situations lol Wish I could understand it...
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Phlebas » July 25th, 2008, 9:43 pm

Yeah would be fun if someone translated that, thought I can't see it happening. Probably not that much text either but a lot of inserts and graphic editing etc.
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead, Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell // And the profit and loss.
- - Gentile or Jew // O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
[T.S.Eliot: The Waste Land - IV. Death by Water]
Phlebas
Crack Addic!

Unread postby X-Calibar » August 5th, 2008, 6:47 pm

Yeah, I imagine the technical part is the biggest hurdle... As you stated, there isn't a ton of text, and graphic editing is probably at a minimum. Hmmm
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Return to Utawarerumono Chat