Song name?

Kemonomimi Discussion

Moderator: Staffers

Song name?

Unread postby DarkRedSky » March 12th, 2008, 7:04 pm

Whats the song that is sung after you beat the Daimyo. The one that is sung after you go to sleep.
DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Lexica-chan » March 12th, 2008, 7:33 pm

Pretty sure that the name you're looking for is "Fate -SADAME-".

Take a listen... in the main menu, Omake > Music Appreciation. :)

;)
Lexica-chan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby DarkRedSky » March 12th, 2008, 8:42 pm

Thanks, the help was appreciated. I like the song.
DarkRedSky
Crack Desu!

Unread postby X-Calibar » July 25th, 2008, 7:47 am

I wonder...? Is there a tool already in place that could replace music in Utawarerumono?
I was thinking about replacing the Fate -SADAME- song...

[WAIT! Before you question my sanity!]

Here : http://www.towerrecords.co.jp/sitemap/C ... ORT_CD=101
Listen to track 26 ...
or listen closely here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpySqY8jWbw

Yep it's Fate -SADAME- ... except it's the PS2 version, which is sung by Eruruw's VA, Ryoka Yuzuki!!!
If you're playing with the voice patch it'd be a highly welcome addition...

The normal PC version is sung by Emi Motoda and she does a great job. But, but... It's ERURUW singing!
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby X-Calibar » July 31st, 2008, 7:12 am

Awesome. I figured out how to switch out the music :O Now I just have to wait for the audio CDs to come in...
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Mazyrian » August 3rd, 2008, 9:26 pm

And how do you change the music?
"I am the spider that set this web.
-Welcome to this wonderful killing chamber."
Mazyrian
Crack Desu!

Unread postby X-Calibar » August 4th, 2008, 10:34 am

Mazyrian wrote:And how do you change the music?

Well it's not too simple, but not too hard I guess...

=======================
First you need : http://www.soylations.com/site/viewtopic.php?t=64 These tools~!
Use aparse.exe to extract bgm.a [using command prompt] to a directory.

It'll give you all the songs extracted as .w files. If you rename them to .pcm files, and use an audio editing program; you can load them as 44khz, 16 bit stereo files. (Data formatted as 16-bit Intel PCM (LSB,MSB), an when opening offset, input data by 0.) Just trim off the beginning to remove a pop / click.

Now to change a song, an easy way to prove that it works is to rename any of the .w files and switch the numbers around in game. Use the UtaEdit.exe file to update the bgm.a to show the new changes.
[you have to have all the .w files in a directory by itself]

Then just put that back in your Utawarerumono folder and listen to the changed songs :O

Now to add new music... It's a little more complicated.
Find the song you want to replace. Then use an audio editing program to open up the song you want to switch it with.
NOTE : if you are replacing a song that needs to loop... look through the original songs for a song that matches the length exactly, or as close as you can get it to one of the original. [There is extra data attached to the .w files, I don't know how to interpet it, but I can copy the original information :O]

After you've opened up the file you want to import into Utawarerumono, save it as a raw .pcm file, 44khz 16-bit stereo file. Then, match up the length of the song to one of the original songs.
Once you've got it matched up pretty exactly, [not under though!]
Then you need a hexediting program like XVI32 [google xvi32 hex editor]. Use this to open up the song that closely matches your new song. At the very beginning of the file you'll notice the beginning starts with odd information. You'll need to open up the new file you're adding, and add this same information exactly. [from like hex address 00 to 3A or less]. That SHOULD be all the information you'll need. Although there's a slight possibility there are 2 extra address/numbers at the very end of the file, copy those too if you have a problem.]
Once you've added this header/data info to the new file, save it, and test it in the audio editing program to make sure it plays back. If it plays back, then name it appropriately as one of the .w files! And use UtaEdit.exe to create your new bgm.a file!!
If it playsback in horrible static in the audio editing program, then you probably need to add or delete a 00 in the hex editing program, at the beginning right after the data you added in [with all the other 00s]

When you're done just load up Utawarerumono and test out the song in Omake!
If you've messed up the header data [got too much or too little] it'll crash the program or if you've gotten too little it might loop inproperly at a different time then you want.
Also if your song is shorter than the song you used for the data/header, it'll play through once and then just stop without looping.

Wasn't that easy! :D lol If you know what you're doing [not me], you'll probably breeze through this; and maybe can figure out how to adjust the data in the beginning for whatever time you want to loop it. If you are clueless, you can probably still do it, if you just follow along slowly.
You just need the tools above, the hex editor, and an audio program that can open/edit raw PCM files. The rest is trial and error :o Look at each of the files in the hex program [the beginning], and compare it to a brand new PCM file that you create. That's basically how I figured this out, since I really don't know much about this stuff...
==========================

I plan to change out the Fate -sadame- song with Eruruw's voiced version, and the ending credits song For Eternity, with a mixed edited version of Suara and Emi's For Eternity songs :O [you can actually play them at the same time and hear them sing along with each other :D I might make a youtube video of this when the audio cds I bought come in...]

Speaking of music here's a quick rundown of the differences of some of the Utawarerumono audio CDs (I ordered them from play-asia) :
Utawarerumono - Chiriyuku Mono e no Komoriuta - Original Soundtrack (Japan, Audio CD) - The PS2 version of Utawarerumono's soundtrack. It includes several new songs only featured in the PS2 game. Including Eruruw's Fate -sadame- song...
http://vgmdb.net/db/albums.php?id=3647

Yumeji (Japan, Audio CD) - By Suara! It has all of Suara's Utawarerumono songs in great CD quality, all in their original full lengths... Musoka the TV anime's opening, Kimi Ga Tame the TV and PS2's final ending, the PS2 opening Kimi dake no Tabiji, and a For Eternity version by Suara :O (the regular For Eternity song is sung by Emi Motoda...) Also has 8 other Suara songs on it~
[Also there's a SACD version of this with an extra track, Moonlight? I think...]
http://vgmdb.net/db/albums.php?id=3380

Madoromi No Rinne (Utawarerumono Outro Theme) (Japan, Audio CD) - This is the regular ending song of Utawarerumono's TV anime. Also includes another song, as well as voice-off versions.

Utawareru Mono - For Eternity (Japan, Audio CD) - This has the full length version of Emi Motoda's For Eternity, as well as Fate -sadame- at full version length and voice-off versions..!
http://vgmdb.net/db/albums.php?id=1905

Utawareru Mono Original Soundtrack (Japan, Audio CD) - The original Utawarerumono PC soundtrack. I believe it has the original songs at their full lengths. Some longer than the songs found on the PS2 CD and a few complete with endings to the songs not heard in the game [since it loops].
http://vgmdb.net/db/albums.php?id=1904

I had to order them all in order to collect all the music I want :( ;)

You can also change out the opening movies but very easily compared to the in-game music...
I believe as long as you have directshow filters or the ffdshow program, you can simply replace the opening video with any video you want :O [you could even have it be a video that uses dolby surround AC3 for multichannel audio]
Right now I'm using the PS2 openings :O But I'd like to switch out one of them with a new one I hope to create... Maybe using the Madoromi no Rinne song :O hmmm

Only other thing I already customized was simply using a different font :D
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Einherjar » August 5th, 2008, 3:19 am

It's good to see people going great length just to change the music in one particular scene. Still, it seems pretty interesting.
I like the song, but to be honest, it didn't sound much different...
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby X-Calibar » August 5th, 2008, 5:57 pm

Einherjar wrote:It's good to see people going great length just to change the music in one particular scene. Still, it seems pretty interesting.
I like the song, but to be honest, it didn't sound much different...

Well it is the exact same song... But, completely different people sing it :O as you know :)

Here listen to them side by side *****NOTE the Emi link has spoilers from the very end of the game***** :
Emi (full version of the song, but just pay attention to her voice; great video btw)
Eruruw (wish it was higher quality...)

I think you're right, it's easy to miss that Emi Motoda and not Ryoka Yuzuki sings this part, or that it is generally accepted that, when songs happen in anime; it's someone else's singing in the background and not the main characters.
I enjoyed this game. I'd really hate to just let myself forget about it quickly as I move on to the next thing... Doing stuff like this is incentive or an excuse for the next time I might play through it ... ! Plus it allows me to remind people to play it ;)

Now if only someone could just add the extra scenerio(s) from the PS2 version into the PC game... :o
Who is that new character anyways? What's their story? I guess this would be best asked in a new thread...

EDIT:
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Return to Utawarerumono Chat