Utawarerumono voice patch available

Kemonomimi Discussion

Moderator: Staffers

Utawarerumono voice patch available

Unread postby krfsm » March 7th, 2008, 7:13 am

Hi all,

Here's a patch to let you play the english translation of Utawarerumono with the voices from the PS2 version.

Utawarerumono Voice Patch v0.4
Older versions

Share and enjoy!

Feel free to use this thread to report bugs or ask questions about this patch.

Some notes:

This is highly untested, since I've only played up to the first battle. (Didn't start playing until after I finished the patch...)

Ero-scenes are not voiced, since they don't exist in the PS2 version. Also, a few scenes that differ between PC and PS2 will have missing voices in part. (And the tutorial explaining the battle controls will be very silly if you understand what the characters are saying...)
Last edited by krfsm on September 2nd, 2012, 4:20 pm, edited 8 times in total.
krfsm
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby ThunderCloud » March 7th, 2008, 7:19 am

Utawarerumono voice patch v0.1
------------------------------

Requirements:
Utawarerumono PC DVD version, with or without mirror moon's english patch.
Utawarerumono PS2 version

Installation:
Place utaware-voice.exe and utaware-voice.dll in the same directory as the game.
Copy the file UTSOUND.SFS from your PS2 disc to the same directory as the game.
Start the game with utaware-voice.exe.
Ok... going to find me a ps2 disc then. How did you make this?
ThunderCloud
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Lexica-chan » March 7th, 2008, 7:46 am

*O_O* Oh, wow....

That's very impressive, Krfsm!

How is volume controlled for the voices? If the volume for the voices is fixed, tweaking other volume controls should make up for it (ie, the game's own Master Volume, plus the overall system volume). Otherwise, I personally would want to crank up the voices slightly.... especially at the start, with Hakuoro whispering cuz he's still so badly hurt.

Another thing which would be rawrsome (though this is probably even more far-fetched than a volume knob)... do you think it would be possible to incorporate an "auto" mode, where when the current character says their clip, and then it automatically progresses to the next dialog line without needing to click? (I suppose you could also incorporate a "default" delay for when no audio clip exists)... I told a friend about this patch, and he suggested this. :)

Regardless. Awesome work, and thanks!
Last edited by Lexica-chan on March 7th, 2008, 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lexica-chan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Shirakani » March 7th, 2008, 8:15 am

OH SHI--...

You sir, win five free internets.

This works amazingly :D
Shirakani
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby keijiro » March 7th, 2008, 8:38 am

You must have the PS2 disc to install the patch?
keijiro
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Question » March 7th, 2008, 8:38 am

Am i the only one laughing at the idea of Hakuouro being voiced with lines like "I plunge my dick inside her."? Even if they are in Japanese....
Question
Crack Addic!

Re: Utawarerumono voice patch available

Unread postby Lexica-chan » March 7th, 2008, 8:44 am

krfsm wrote:Ero-scenes are not voiced, since they don't exist in the PS2 version.

@Question: Sorry, your fantasy cannot be satisfied. :p Maybe it's better that such isn't there.... ;)
Lexica-chan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Shirakani » March 7th, 2008, 9:27 am

Playing through... so far, the dialog is synced nicely. There may be one or two oddities but i haven't run into them yet.

Amazing work tho, who woulda thunk that a 'clannad voice patch' would be possible... Now if only it were possible to take the updated battle system and extra scenarios off the PS2 game.

...Yeh, i know, i can dream can't i?
Shirakani
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby X-Calibar » March 7th, 2008, 9:50 am

:shock:

Who. What. Where... How???? This really works?
If so... I guess I know what I have to order...

Will this be an option incorporated into later versions of the English patch?
Or stay a standalone patch?

In any case...
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, thank you very much for this work ;O

This is crazy good news to me!!
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Shirakani » March 7th, 2008, 10:05 am

I really don't think it'll be 'officially' incorporated into the patch installer as the voice/sound file from the ps2 game is in excess of 1gb. That'd make the download insanely large. Still, it's amazing that it even works... Small shame that the in-battle cries/yells don't work, but hey, it's a small thing.

My question will be how will the voices sync up in later scenarios. The ps2 ver has a good number of extra scenarios and exclusive missions, so if it simply goes off of a table in the file, hm...
Shirakani
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby X-Calibar » March 7th, 2008, 10:16 am

Yeah, I never meant putting the voices into the mirror moon/Soylations patch [the reason I mentioned I would have to order the PS2 game]; I was just posing the question to see if mirror moon and the creator of this voice patch might work together to incorporate the patch itself, and not the files it extracts, into an optional part of the translation install for a later version...
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Message » March 7th, 2008, 10:33 am

I'm more than willing to add the voicepatch to a future release build of Uta Eng, if the creator of this thing is interested in it feel free to contact us.

Unread postby Shirakani » March 7th, 2008, 10:46 am

It's definitely worth it if it's somehow possible to just incorporate the voice files too, but the thing is 1.18gb, and doesn't compress well at all. I can upload the .sfs file somewhere if you guys need it. Anyone who hasn't played the PS2 ver NEEDS to play this game voiced. The amount of emotion and atmosphere the voicework adds is beyond compare.

I'm testing random spots atm as i have a save before every battle, so i'm just going through and seeing if any of the voices are 'off'. So far i'm up to where the group has to defend from the Avu Kamuu for the first time (where the lot of them take 0 damage), and even in in-battle text dialog so far is accurate (not the battlecries, those don't work, i'm hoping the creator can get them working somehow, hearing the yells during each attack swing would be the icing on the cake).
Shirakani
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ThunderCloud » March 7th, 2008, 12:05 pm

Ugh... The dvd... Is taking so long... To download...... 25% done......
ThunderCloud
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Ciel » March 7th, 2008, 1:16 pm

You are a pirate. :o
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby ThunderCloud » March 7th, 2008, 1:54 pm

I admit nothing.

34%.

-- But you're still banned. MSG.
ThunderCloud
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Shirakani » March 7th, 2008, 1:54 pm

Ok, found a bug with the voice patch. Good news so far is it's not a bug about the voice being out of place. Bug is that when you close the game, the utaware-voice.exe process does not unload itself from memory. The voice exe simply 'wraps' the normal executable and calls it on load, when you close the game, the main exe closes but not the voice exe. It needs to check for the presence of the utaware-dvd.exe and if it's not there, auto unload itself.

I just had to manually kill off utaware-voice.exe from my process tree 7 times coz i closed/reopened the game 7 times, lol.
Shirakani
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby X-Calibar » March 7th, 2008, 5:54 pm

Here's where I found a copy of Utawarerumono for PS2
http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/SLPS-25679.html 65$ plus 8$ shipping... In stock

compared to :
http://www.himeyashop.com/product_info. ... ts_id/5921 77$ plus 19$ shipping... In stock

compared to :
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-43- ... -1fh4.html 64.90$ plus 3.89$ shipping... OUT OF STOCK

compared to :
http://www.paletweb.com/selectpage.asp?code=90388 63$ plus ?? shipping... SOLD OUT
Last edited by X-Calibar on March 19th, 2008, 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby krfsm » March 7th, 2008, 10:05 pm

Lexica-chan wrote:How is volume controlled for the voices? If the volume for the voices is fixed, tweaking other volume controls should make up for it (ie, the game's own Master Volume, plus the overall system volume).

Yes, to hear the voices better, turn down the music volume. Only the master volume affects the voices.

Lexica-chan wrote:Another thing which would be rawrsome (though this is probably even more far-fetched than a volume knob)... do you think it would be possible to incorporate an "auto" mode, where when the current character says their clip, and then it automatically progresses to the next dialog line without needing to click?

Should be possible, but I probably can't be bothered.
The hardest thing for both of these would be adding stuff to the UI for controlling them.

Shirakani wrote:Now if only it were possible to take the updated battle system and extra scenarios off the PS2 game.

...Yeh, i know, i can dream can't i?

Battle system, likely impossible. Extra scenarios, again, probably possible but can't be bothered.

Shirakani wrote:Small shame that the in-battle cries/yells don't work, but hey, it's a small thing.

This is probably the next thing I'll be looking at fixing.

Shirakani wrote:My question will be how will the voices sync up in later scenarios. The ps2 ver has a good number of extra scenarios and exclusive missions, so if it simply goes off of a table in the file, hm...

They should sync correctly, the PC and PS2 scripts have been (semi-)manually synced.

Message wrote:I'm more than willing to add the voicepatch to a future release build of Uta Eng, if the creator of this thing is interested in it feel free to contact us.

You're welcome. Send a PM if you want any (easy!) changes done to it, or need the source.

Shirakani wrote:Ok, found a bug with the voice patch. Good news so far is it's not a bug about the voice being out of place. Bug is that when you close the game, the utaware-voice.exe process does not unload itself from memory. The voice exe simply 'wraps' the normal executable and calls it on load, when you close the game, the main exe closes but not the voice exe. It needs to check for the presence of the utaware-dvd.exe and if it's not there, auto unload itself.

Doesn't happen here. (utaware-voice.exe should close right away after starting utaware-dvd.exe.) What Windows version are you running? Anyone else seeing this?
krfsm
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Message » March 7th, 2008, 10:49 pm

Shirakani wrote:It's definitely worth it if it's somehow possible to just incorporate the voice files too, but the thing is 1.18gb, and doesn't compress well at all. I can upload the .sfs file somewhere if you guys need it.

One and only warning: No warez in these forums.

Next

Return to Utawarerumono Chat