Utawarerumono voice patch available

Kemonomimi Discussion

Moderator: Staffers

Unread postby Lexica-chan » March 8th, 2008, 12:04 am

@Message: Somehow... I saw that coming after the other "mishap" in the other thread... heh.

@Krfsm: Good call on the volume control, that never occurred to me. As far as any real interface for control, I would personally be satisfied with an INI file that got read at start, and the settings were used from that. But that's kinda extraneous; if you don't wanna touch the problem, then I'll leave it at that.

As far as any ghost utaware-voice.exe processes floating around, I didn't have that issue described by Shirakani. Even with running the game through Applocale, everything seems fine.
Lexica-chan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby X-Calibar » March 11th, 2008, 1:01 am

Can't wait to try this out. My disc is still in the mail...

I was wondering though, will you continue to support this? I mean, eventually when the translation patch gets updated; if some part of the voice patch needs adjusting or something...
I just don't want you to disappear :P You made a fortunante thing happen to the Utawarerumono fans..! I'm quite greatful.
[didn't think somebody would actually make a voice patch...]

Is there anything we can do to help?
Oh and btw, and the readme in the patch doesn't even give you the credit you deserve..!
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Shirakani » March 11th, 2008, 7:11 am

Ok, the utaware-voice.exe not closing only happens if i try to run the app in compatibility mode. Odd that...
Shirakani
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ryuusoul » March 11th, 2008, 9:07 am

X-Calibar wrote:Can't wait to try this out. My disc is still in the mail...

I was wondering though, will you continue to support this? I mean, eventually when the translation patch gets updated; if some part of the voice patch needs adjusting or something...
I just don't want you to disappear :P You made a fortunante thing happen to the Utawarerumono fans..! I'm quite greatful.
[didn't think somebody would actually make a voice patch...]

Is there anything we can do to help?
Oh and btw, and the readme in the patch doesn't even give you the credit you deserve..!

That's because he did it on his own after (I'm assuming) the patch was released.
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby X-Calibar » March 11th, 2008, 5:18 pm

Just to make sure there isn't miscommunication, I was referring to how his voice patch readme doesn't say who created it.
If this thread was lost I wouldn't even know who made the voice patch.
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby KuroKumo » March 12th, 2008, 7:32 am

Finally got this to work, this is awesome. Thanks.

The voices give the characters so much more life.
KuroKumo
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby krfsm » March 12th, 2008, 11:29 pm

New version released, first post updated.

Fixed some voice bugs that turned up in the first Yuzuha part, probably fixed many others at the same time.
Also, utaware-voice.exe should always quit properly now.
Still no battlecries. Seems to be a pain to fix.

X-Calibar wrote:I was wondering though, will you continue to support this? I mean, eventually when the translation patch gets updated; if some part of the voice patch needs adjusting or something...

Yes, I'd update this if it stops working with a newer translation. Though it should probably not be necessary with the way this patch is written.

Bonus: Magic words that makes your voiced installation 200 MB smaller:
Code: Select all
fsutil sparse setflag UTSOUND.SFS
fsutil sparse setrange UTSOUND.SFS 370688 226420736
krfsm
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby Raw » March 13th, 2008, 1:43 am

Do we need to extract the files again if you update to your current 0.2 version?
Whispering Words of Unearthen Wisdom || Kill GOD as a Sacrifice to GOD || Death may Die || I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
Raw
Crack Addic!

Unread postby X-Calibar » March 13th, 2008, 7:46 am

Raw wrote:Do we need to extract the files again if you update to your current 0.2 version?

I think as long as UTSOUND.SFS is in the directory, just extract the new patch and it should work. I don't think it seems to modify the UTSOUND.SFS.

Btw! I just got the disc today and after trying Utawarerumono with voices...
Ohhhhhh... THANK YOU!

It really adds a lot, and not just the voices; but extra sound effects too...
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Ryuusoul » March 13th, 2008, 9:01 am

The voices must be awesome, since it is all the anime seiyuu. It was love of the radio show that made me buy the game and then translate it. It had an Utawarerumono theme, but was more about Yuzuki Ryouka [Eruruw, loves Koyama in real life] and Koyama Rikiya [Hakuoro] with a lot of guest appearances. So now, I can't help but imagine Urtoriy as Saaya (Ohara Sayaka) when she's hitting on Koyama Rikiya, Touka saying that her first love was actually Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin, or Koyama Tsuyoshi (Kurou) being hilarious.

Thank you for your hard work for the fan community.
Ryuusoul
The only Shirou fanboy

Unread postby krfsm » March 13th, 2008, 4:11 pm

Raw wrote:Do we need to extract the files again if you update to your current 0.2 version?

If you mean copying the UTSOUND.SFS file, nope.

X-Calibar wrote:It really adds a lot, and not just the voices; but extra sound effects too...

Wait, there are extra sound effects?? :D
krfsm
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby night » March 13th, 2008, 4:45 pm

I've found a bug:
everytime when i return to the title from the a battle manually or by losing and then try to load a savegame/start a new game, the game crashes when any voice starts to play.
night
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby X-Calibar » March 13th, 2008, 5:15 pm

night wrote:I've found a bug: snip

I confirm that bug~
krfsm wrote:Wait, there are extra sound effects?? :D

:) Probably not that many, but for example, when Hakuoro is trying to break up the soil even though he is still injured, you get sound effects like the hoe striking the ground.
Ryuusoul wrote:The voices must be awesome, since it is all the anime seiyuu.

It flows seemlessly with what I played so far. Professionally recorded, and a great cast... [I never would have imagined Teoro's voice though!]
You haven't gotten the PS2 disc yet? I'd be willing to chip in 10$ to the, get Ryuusoul the PS2 disc fund :o
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby KuroKumo » March 13th, 2008, 10:25 pm

krfsm wrote:Wait, there are extra sound effects?? :D
A lot of the "..." are now voice.
KuroKumo
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby X-Calibar » March 13th, 2008, 11:10 pm

An extra little trick I did for myself...
I copied OP1.PSS and OP2.PSS files off of the PS2 disc.
Then used the freeware PSS_demux program from here : http://www.zophar.net/utilities/ps2util.html
Which extracted the "m2v" video and "wav" audio of the PS2 openings...
Then converted the wav into either ac3, mp3, mp2, or mpa audio file using your favorite encoder.
Then finally, I used the freeware ImagoMPEG-Muxer program to input the "m2v" video file and the newly created audio file to create a new muxed mpg file, which I renamed openning1.v and openning2.v ...
Put them in the Utawarerumono directory...

And Tada! PS2 openings in Utawarerumono~! I like both the PC openings and the PS2 openings...
It's fun to have alternatives.

EDIT: Also I guess since there are two openings... Once you unlock the second opening, you could replace openning1.v with the PS2 opening1, and then replace openning2.v with the PC opening1 ...
and when you get to the later part of the game switch them both out for their respective opening2's... lol

Seems like you can put in any video file as long as you have a codec for it...
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby krfsm » March 14th, 2008, 2:02 am

night, X-Calibar: This might fix it, not sure.
http://rapidshare.com/files/99369622/Ut ... 3.zip.html

It didn't crash consistently here, so I'm not sure if I found the source of the problem.
krfsm
Posting more than n00bs

Unread postby X-Calibar » March 14th, 2008, 3:08 am

I can't make it crash at the beginning anymore [where I noticed the crashes pointed out by night], and can't get it to crash by loading after fighting/losing/fighting again etc, so seems good on my end..!

EDIT: On a small, small side note... I checked the sound effects for the hoe; and it appears they are indeed in the unvoiced original :p oops...
Last edited by X-Calibar on March 14th, 2008, 6:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Lexica-chan » March 14th, 2008, 4:29 am

Yeah, that seems about right, X-Calibar. I'd guessed something like that for a while, cuz I got CCCP installed, and whenever I start the game, I noticed little ffdshow icons appearing in the system tray. ;)

Though playing musical chairs with the OPs like that seems kinda ridiculous. Probably the more interesting answer would be to tweak the main executable so that it just randomly plays an OP video.

That is, if the videos are triggered by the executable. Of course, that's a guess. I haven't fired up Ollydbg to find out anything. :p

Lexica-chan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Azurel » March 18th, 2008, 2:40 am

Great job and thanks! Having voices really adds so much to the experience!

I've encountered a bug though: At some places, such as right in the beginning,
right after main char. leaves the hut and goes back in (Spoiler tag just to be sure :P )

I get this messagebox:

Error: decompress_voice: No VAG header

Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks again^^

Edit: And obviously there's no voice for the screens with this box... :?
Azurel
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby X-Calibar » March 18th, 2008, 5:48 am

I'd ask some questions like... do you still get that error at the same place everytime, even after you've restarted your computer?
You copied the files from your PS2 disc? Did you use that command
fsutil sparse setflag UTSOUND.SFS
fsutil sparse setrange UTSOUND.SFS 370688 226420736

? If you didn't don't worry about it... I only would worry if you tried it and put in a wrong number maybe...
What operating system are you on? You are using the english patch 1.1? and v0.3 voice patch?

The only reason I'm asking so many random questions is I wasn't able to make that error happen for me...
X-Calibar
Crack Desu!

PreviousNext

Return to Utawarerumono Chat