Utawarerumono trainer

Kemonomimi Discussion

Moderator: Staffers

Utawarerumono trainer

Unread postby jb55 » February 27th, 2008, 2:54 am

Are you bad at turn based strategy games? Or maybe your like me and rather play through Utawarerumono without having to bother with that aspect of the game. That's why I decided to spend a few days putting this trainer together to help get past those parts.

The trainer has three basic options for quickly getting past battles: The first two options are max stats and all enemies to 1HP, which will work throughout the game without any problems. The last option "Kill all enemies" will skip the entire battle in one keystroke as long as it doesn't kill any key event characters (I have a warning for the first two but from then on its best to save before each battle if your going to be using it).

Hard 3 is now a cakewalk :wink:

Screenshot:

Rapidshare: http://rapidshare.com/files/95244776/Ut ... r.zip.html
Other: http://jb55.com/_files/UtawareTrainer.zip

Enjoy.
jb55
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Einherjar » February 27th, 2008, 3:12 am

Nice work on the trainer, simple and effective. This game isn't really hard, but I suppose it would be nice to have that for those who hates tactics or just like screwing around with the game. lol at the 99 tech hax.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Shirakani » February 27th, 2008, 8:42 am

Nice trainer, definitely this is a good idea for a 'new game+' as it'd be nice to not have to worry about stats and such.

Is it possible to make a simple 'infinite BP' or '99999 BP' or something cheat for those who would rather NOT max out at the start and just increase stats when they feel they need it?
Shirakani
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby ayadew » February 27th, 2008, 10:57 am

Good if I want to replay it, because the actuall fighting I can be without, although it was a nice idea. But if I want to play isometric japanese RPGs I'll just take the best like Disgaea or somesuch instead.
ayadew
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby jb55 » February 27th, 2008, 3:32 pm

Shirakani wrote:Nice trainer, definitely this is a good idea for a 'new game+' as it'd be nice to not have to worry about stats and such.

Is it possible to make a simple 'infinite BP' or '99999 BP' or something cheat for those who would rather NOT max out at the start and just increase stats when they feel they need it?

This shouldn't be too difficult. I plan to release another version so more suggestions are welcome.
jb55
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Shirakani » February 27th, 2008, 3:43 pm

jb55 wrote:
Shirakani wrote:Nice trainer, definitely this is a good idea for a 'new game+' as it'd be nice to not have to worry about stats and such.

This shouldn't be too difficult. I plan to release another version so more suggestions are welcome.

Hm ok, possible suggestions then;

1) Infinite VIT
2) 99999 BP Gained after battle
3) Infinite HP in battle
4) Ability to deploy as many chars as you like in a battle (prolly best way is to hack the # of chars you can deploy to be always 9 or something)

I noticed your current max stats option also gives 999/999 HP, and Infinite VIT, it'll be good if these options could be split up. Otherwise, great trainer :)
Shirakani
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Chronowraith » February 27th, 2008, 4:13 pm

the shift-A/D/S don't seem to work in wine? Or am I just pushing them at the wrong time? Do you push them during battle or before battle? or do you hold them as you go into battle.... I tried them with the trainer running and nothing happened. (though holding shift does select all people there).
Chronowraith
Addict

Unread postby jb55 » February 27th, 2008, 4:20 pm

Chronowraith wrote:the shift-A/D/S don't seem to work in wine? Or am I just pushing them at the wrong time? Do you push them during battle or before battle? or do you hold them as you go into battle.... I tried them with the trainer running and nothing happened. (though holding shift does select all people there).

The trainer uses SetWindowsHookEx to intercept low level keyboard input from windows, I'm not sure if this would cause a problem with wine but I can make buttons to use along side of keyboard shortcuts in the next version.
jb55
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Einherjar » February 27th, 2008, 4:37 pm

I don't think max vit is necessary since 99 tech will automatically stop after your ultimate move. Better to have the max stats hax categorized.
EDIT: How about movement hack?
Last edited by Einherjar on February 27th, 2008, 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Henduluin » February 27th, 2008, 4:38 pm

Shirakani wrote:3) Infinite HP in battle

Sorry, couldn't resist >.>

*hides from message*
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Henduluin
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Lexica-chan » February 27th, 2008, 7:26 pm

@Henduluin: That's awesome. :mrgreen:

@jb55: I'm a bit rusty on which fights are named what, but isn't the statement about when not to use the Skip Battle button supposed to be "To defeat Gurou at Tatokori Gate"? It's just a technicality point, but it threw me for a loop for... maybe 5 minutes. :p
Lexica-chan
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby jb55 » February 27th, 2008, 8:58 pm

Lexica-chan wrote:I'm a bit rusty on which fights are named what, but isn't the statement about when not to use the Skip Battle button supposed to be "To defeat Gurou at Tatokori Gate"? It's just a technicality point, but it threw me for a loop for... maybe 5 minutes. :p

Yeah I realized this after I released it, not sure why I put her name down instead... :3

Einherjar wrote:How about movement hack?

I've attempted to hack something like this for about a day with no luck, I would really like to include something like this but it probably won't be in the next one.
jb55
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby boota » February 27th, 2008, 9:36 pm

Shirakani wrote:4) Ability to deploy as many chars as you like in a battle (prolly best way is to hack the # of chars you can deploy to be always 9 or something)

Actually there is such possibility. I was saving game before that battle over the bridge and accidently did hit [Shift], not sure why (bug?) all characters have been deployed. I tried it later, sometimes there's one character missing (usually the one you did already pointed as deployed), sometimes it cause rtd, sometimes characters are deployed somewhere outside the map, but usually it works.
boota
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby Ciel » February 27th, 2008, 10:15 pm

Would it be possible to somehow make it to allow deployment of characters you normally can't use? (as in, in fight 1 you usually have just Hakuoro and Teoro available, but with it you could for example add Touka or Karura to the available heroes). I want Mutsumi in my party. :P

Also memory data wise, apparently the speed address is 20 bytes (14 in hex) after each character's current health variable or 24 (18 hex) after experience variable and is a 1 byte value. This applies to both players and enemies. After that the str/tech/def/mdef values.

42 (2a hex) bytes after movement is the current position, 4 bytes further is the second position variable. In case you wanted to make it also autoreposition the characters to normal spots.
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Einherjar » February 27th, 2008, 11:14 pm

Is it hard to spawn enemies?? XD
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby jb55 » February 28th, 2008, 2:24 am

Ciel wrote:apparently the speed address is 20 bytes (14 in hex) after each character's current health variable

Wow I must have tried changing everything in the character struct except that variable. Alright expect to see 100-block movement in the next ver :)

Ciel wrote:Would it be possible to somehow make it to allow deployment of characters you normally can't use?

Probably yes, the deployment list is probably just an array of character identifiers (hakuoro:15,eruru:1,aruru:2,teoro:3,etc) if you want to find this in memory I might squeeze it in...

And as for spawning enemies -> theoretically I could increase the unit list by one and plop a whole character struct in but I think that's a bit out of the scope of what I originally set out to accomplish. Also you wouldn't be able to do it during the battle, mainly because sprites and stuff are preloaded before the battle and it wouldn't be worth the effort of making it all work. I think I'll leave that to someone who wants to make an urr editor.
jb55
Totally hardly posted

Unread postby md » February 28th, 2008, 2:58 am

jb55 wrote:
Ciel wrote:apparently the speed address is 20 bytes (14 in hex) after each character's current health variable

Wow I must have tried changing everything in the character struct except that variable. Alright expect to see 100-block movement in the next ver :)

Ciel wrote:Would it be possible to somehow make it to allow deployment of characters you normally can't use?

Probably yes, the deployment list is probably just an array of character identifiers (hakuoro:15,eruru:1,aruru:2,teoro:3,etc) if you want to find this in memory I might squeeze it in...

And as for spawning enemies -> theoretically I could increase the unit list by one and plop a whole character struct in but I think that's a bit out of the scope of what I originally set out to accomplish. Also you wouldn't be able to do it during the battle, mainly because sprites and stuff are preloaded before the battle and it wouldn't be worth the effort of making it all work. I think I'll leave that to someone who wants to make an urr editor.

I think that the game stores spawn points for each character in the map data, so adding characters you normally couldn't pick sounds like a lot of work, and not something a trainer would do. Changing the max deployable seems like it would be easy. Or possibly swapping one character for another (Letting you deploy karura instead of teoro on the first map or something)
md
Crack Addic!

Unread postby Ciel » February 28th, 2008, 1:05 pm

That'd be good too. I tried swapping during the battle but it didn't work right (characters vanish and are thrown all over the map, can't do anything, if they try attacking the game hangs), perhaps if done on the character selection screen it'd work since then it could load the character's sprites.

Mutsumi is 37 btw. :o
Ciel
Crack Desu!

Unread postby Einherjar » March 3rd, 2008, 10:57 pm

Would it be possible to have specific edits, instead of just max all?
Einherjar
OMEGA DESU!

Unread postby Darklightz » March 18th, 2008, 12:21 am

Has there been any progress in making a trainer that only gives 9999 BP at end of battle?
Darklightz
Totally hardly posted

Next

Return to Utawarerumono Chat